Pistons Vs Cavaliers ~ February 26th, 2006

Discussion in 'February 2006 Games' started by Superstarov, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pistons Vs Cavaliers
    February 26th, 2006 ~ 12:00 pm
    The Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI
    TV: ABC
    Radio: WDFN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Your Comments?
    ~~

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

KingJ could get some Jordan Rules but everybody else must go down and they must go down hard. Damn I can't believe I've resorted back to goon ball.
    Pistons--100
    KingJ----30
    Cavs----60

3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

it's got to be closer than that. 82-74 Pistons!

4. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

This game will be some intense basketball, with Clev. coming off two horrible loses may come out and take a double digit lead to start the game. Detroit again will have to protect the energy plays the Cavs feed off of and stop dribble penetration by Lebron, make them all jumpshooters.

This game in the 2nd half will take on the same tone as the Indy game on thurs. where the Pistons will make a run and put the game away, but make no mistake about it this will be a hard fought game by the Cavs.

This is an important game for both teams, Detroit might see this team down the road in the playoffs and they want to send a message that they are a better team and leave no doubt in the minds of the Cavs. This game is important to the Cavs for the fact that they don't want another cave in 2nd half to their season.

My prediction for this game is Detroit 98 to 91. GO PISTONS!!!!!

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I am really hype for this game as I think it will really have a playoff atmosphere. Being nationally televised doesn't hurt. I think we will get the best from Lebron and the best from our starting 5 today.

This is truely a barometer game that will guage Cleveland's legitamcy as a playoff threat and our dominance in the East.

Pistons 105 - Cavs 89

7. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

How many times has the Pistons defensive rotations left the open man at the corner for a 3-pointer? Their lucky the Cavs are not making them.

Ben was a freakin beast today. The team always does well when they get the big guy going early.

8. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

great game- Ben was huge!
    Also it was interesting to see how big Dale Davis is, he's going to be a solid contributor of the bench.
    The bench did ok, but nothing special- Evans was better than his stats show, very energetic, especially on the offensive board- good hustle. Seems he feels Finos breath in his neck.

9. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

the bench didn't play great, but i think Flp was going for pure minutes for davis, hunter and evans, even though they werent necesarily in with the right people to maximize their potential.

10. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Flip Murray would have been a nice fit off the bench.

11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Great game, had to be demoralizing for the Cavs. I expect a closer game tomorrow, but the seeds of doubt and fear were sown.

Ben is the MVP. Period. No number of 3 pointers can match the contribution he makes.

Btw, it was a great chat. If you didn't make it, maybe we'll see you tomorrow night.

12. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

Anyone know if Sheed will get a suspension for that foul on Z. If we are trying to get the league to overturn some of his T's thats not the way to do it.

13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Had to reach for the emergency kit today... we lost power just before the game... my wife bought one of them battery powered TVs last month (about 9" lol) and I asked ... what do we need that for?... man I was kissin' her feet today... the only two channels it picked up was PBS and ABC... and wouldn'tcha know the game was on ABC (there is a god)...

It looks like Flip Murray will help the Cavs... I expect a much different team tomorrow... they don't know how to win on the road.
    The Cavs had a lot of open looks today that didn't go in... we need to buckle down on the drive and kick.
    I don't see big Z having another bad game like this again ... but D.D., Sheed & Ben did a gr8 job keeping him out of his sweet spots.

Side note: One of the more interesting things to watch will be who gets more playoff PT... Cato or Dale Davis... I recall Cato play Shaq real well on a TV game last year... we just don't know how much stress his feet can take.

14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

LMAO.....I HAVE A GENERATOR, 25' CORD AND A BATTERY POWERED SET...u know why?....DEEEE_troit BAS-Ket_Ball!!!!

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I'm watching the game and i saw why Sheed put the Greg Valentine on Illgauaskis...He slammed his elbow into sheed's heart before the foul as he went into the post:eyebrows:

16. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Ben was indeed a monster today. And I will never tire of watching Rip float in the air and swish those shots.

I kind of got bored watching the game as the Pistons were so clearly better than Cleveland today. I believe the second half should be been played solely by the bench. It would have maybe been a game then.

When the Pistons click, even if someone is not hitting his shots, they are just absolutely unbeatable. Keep that up.

17. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

i love the way Sheed and CB(?) laughed from the bench when Ben made that airball from middle distance. Ben's face was like "damn, they're gonna make jokes in the locker room again".

18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Well the final was 90 to 78. 12 pt. diff. I was closest.
    But himat was closest to total pts. too much D.
    MotPri, too many total pts. and not that big of a final blowout.
    Vhp, I like your score for the next game.