Pistons Vs Cavaliers ~ April 12th, 2006

Discussion in 'April 2006 Games' started by Superstarov, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pistons vs Cavaliers
    April 2nd, 2006 ~ 8:00 pm
    The Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI
    TV: ESPN
    Radio: WDFN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~

2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

KingJ and the Cavs are bringing it lately. The men should be fresh and need to send a message, F.U. KingJ, no KingJ rules here.
    Ps 98
    KingJs 85

3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Will be nice to face King James in a meaningful game at seasons end. Would be even better to end his 1st post season reign in the 2nd round.

Hughes is back, and Flip Murray was an excellent addition for the Cav`s. They come in riding his majesty`s coatails with wins over Miami (that`s not really saying too much) Dallas, and ended NJ 14 game win streak.

Confidence vs. Determination in this one. I predict the Pistons will run the table at home, from here on out, let`s start with the King, in our Palace!

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Murray was incredible tonight (last second win by the Cavs vs Hornets)...
    Larry Hughes gives them more depth at SG... should be a challange for Evans/Delfino.
    No big Z tonight...

Hey, Yao broke his foot tonight:wacko:

5. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

If Ben Wallace shows up and plays well, this is a win. If Ben isn't "DPOY Ben", James will abuse Tayshaun.

6. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

SA Spurs won again. Therefore there is plenty of reason to win this game.

1. HCA still not decided yet. As long as we win the next 2 games, we have HCA thru out. Mission 3 out of 4 accomplished.

2. One more win to tie the best regular season of the franchise.

3. With Z who should be back in this game, we might be facing our 2nd round opponent at full strength. Got to win this to make sure they don't the confidence if they really face us in the playoffs.

Should be a great game. If we can contain LBJ, we should win.

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

There ain't no party like a Detroit party....

[​IMG]

Looks like Big Zeeeee is all partied out!

8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Time for Sheed to step up after Ben's monster game the other day. He's owned Cleveland this year. 25 and 15 would be good for tonight.

Going up against both the hottest team in the league (well, one of two) and a potential playoff opponent ought to provide some motivation.

9. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

This should be the best Cavs, Pistons match up of the year. Thats what I think if Z plays tonight. It will have a playoff feel to it because hands down this could be our secound rd opponent.

I think Cleveland can beat Washington in the first round, but if Washington is healthy they are also capable of beating Cleveland. No message needed for Cleveland tonight they already know they can't beat this team. Look for Lebron to have a big night and the two players we need to look out for is Flip Murray and Larry Hughes.

Pistons take the win in good Pistons Basketball fashion 89 to 80

10. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I agree. If Ben isn't "Vintage Ben", we will lose. He should be hanging out behind Prince most of the game waiting to help on Lebron.

Also, I think Delk will play a big role. There is no one that can guard him one-on-one, and they don't play great help D, so he should be able to get to the rack and score some. Especially if Flip plays it smart and forces the Cavs to put Damon Jones on him by pairing him with bigger players or starters (ie, not Lindsey).

11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

The way he played sunday i don't think it would matter.

12. roscoe36

13. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

It was good to see a blow out tonight. Pretty predictable though since you know our Pistons wanted to send a message. Can't wait till the playoffs!

14. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Pistons good. Cavs not so good. Lebron hurt. Varejealveo ejected. Mo GT hero.
    ESPN cut short coverage of the game by 1 quarter.

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

It was a FUN night in the chat room...thats all i wanted!

16. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I believe we've gained a new term in our collective sports vocabularies -- one that defines a beating so savage, so unilateral and so uncontested that its Armageddon-magnitude impact ripples throughout the universe and forces ESPN's LeBron-loving broadcast team out of its hyperbolic orbit.

The term, dear friends, is "bonus coverage."

Yes, we now have the broadcast equivalent of averting one's eyes at an accident scene ... of getting 86'd at the bar, rejected by the host body, left at the altar while your fiancee runs off with Dustin Hoffman in "The Graduate." Combined with the incredible ineptitude of the four teams competing feverishly for the 9th spot in the East, this is the kind of game that could contribute to the Pistons literally dying of boredom.

17. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Mike Tirico and Bill Walton is the best duo in the NBA today, even ahead of anyone + Doug Collins/Hubie Brown/Marv Albert.

Decent game until the "bonus coverage" point.

18. roscoe36

You gotta love that the Bad Boys totally screwed with the NBA marketing "Michael" and 17 years later, the Pistons are messing with the incumbent godhood of "LeBron".

I caught "Bron's" postgame hallway interview on NBATV (didn't get the game). Let's simply say, he's no Sidney Lowe when it comes to hallway interviews. Despite a barrage of questions about his ankle, you could tell he had just suffered an ass whupping of cosmic proportions and wanted to run away to cry himself to sleep.

Beautiful. Now I will go see what Cleveland fans are saying on their forums. MUWAHAHAHA!

19. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

On RealGM, the Cleveland fans had turned their game thread into a discussion of the 1995 Indians and the Browns' upcoming draft pick, maybe all of three pages after predicting victory.

20. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

major props to lanierfan and microwave for eloquent, cultured, humorous and savage posts! i felt truly uplifted. brought a smile to my face.

the rest of this is pretty much off-thread unless maybe the ilgauskas - sheed - varejon incident somehow connects it (so change the channel if you want)

ron artest on best damn sports show period or whatever it's called:

asked who, besides himself, should get the nba's mvp award: "i think one of the pistons should get it... chauncey, rasheed, richard, or ben... the way they've been playing"

then playing the question and answer game "my favorite things" (questions in parentheses following ron ron's answers)

dennis rodman (favorite basketball player all time)
    eatin' beans before games (superstition)
    martin lawrence (tv show)
    beans (favorite meal)
    mike bibby (favorite current nba player besides himself)
    circuit city (favorite job outside of pro basketball) -- did it as a rookie with chicago: wtf?
    meeting mike tyson (favorite moment on best damn)
    lebron icky shuffle (favorite dance move)

oh, and then he did a little song. apparently he did an apology song a couple of years ago when he had yanked paul pierce's shorts down during a game. so tonight they played a video of pierce singing: "ron, ron, ron, ron, ron...i accept your apology. it's good to have you back. next time they hit you with a beer, try not to react." artest was almost doubled over laughing. "that's platinum," he said. invited to respond on the spot, he said again, "that's platinum. i'm gonna have to think on that. that was really tough."

i suppose it is some sort of sacrilege to say so here (i remember micro and my shared shame at confessing on the chat that we both drafted ron to our fantasy teams), but i just can't not like the guy...he totally cracked me up.