Pistons Vs Bulls ~ December 16th, 2005

Discussion in 'December 2005 Games' started by Superstarov, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Pistons vs Bulls
    December 16th, 2005 ~ 8:00pm
    The Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI
    TV: Local Only
    Radio: WDFN

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    vs
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Your comments?
    ~~~

2. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

3. iamme

iamme First Round Draft Pick

on a side note, i saw Othella Harrington at Sommerset Mall today :)

his name was on the tip of my tongue until i came home and looked him up :P
  4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

i may be drunk...

but that was funny!!!
  5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

How will the Bulls react after the talk about being dissed by Sheed laughing during the last game?

Ben Gordon throwing some elbows? Scottie Skiles grabbing onto Sheed's leg like Jeff Van Gundy?
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Nocioni is their enforcer, so he'll have to do something about it. He was the one being laughed at anyway. I'm expecting the Bulls to play very hard tonight.
  7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Chandler is banged up again (as predicted) this year... without him being healthy the Pistons should have their way inside.... keep dumping it down low until you get Sweetney in foul trouble.
  8. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Yes, I noticed that the Bulls are going with Deng, Nocioni, and Sweetney up front. Pretty small.
  9. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

If you're the Bulls, the risk of sending a "message" to Sheed is that you might motivate him into being the Hall of Fame force he normally isn't.

Pride, or your best shot at winning? Tough choice.
  10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i'd go for pride i would never back down like that.
  11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

LOL. You're a young buck, no doubt. Old guys like me go for the wins. You'll see it my way one day when those hormones of yours slow down a bit. ;)
  12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Well, let me elaborate on that last post.
    If you do it right...you get both. Win the right way and you also get the pride.

Old joke:

2 bulls (ironically) on a hill. One young & one old. They see a bunch of young cows at the bottom of the hill.

Young Bull: Hey, why don't we run down there and have sex with one of them?

Old Bull: Why don't we just WALK instead and have the strength left to have sex with ALL of them?
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Hey monkeys!

Game Chat is open. Click the graphic at the top of the forums for information.
  14. Hotsauce

Hotsauce First Round Draft Pick

PIstons looking good so far

Detroit: 43
    Chicago:30
  15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

game report

1st half:

Bad coaching there to end the half. Remember the goal. Get thru these four games in five nights. The bench was doing fine out there. Leave them in. The game is going to be won or lost in the 2nd half almost all the time. Will they win this one? Maybe not. If we get in trouble, guarantee Flip will make the same mistake as last game, bringing his starters back in too quickly to end the game. After not giving them enough rest in the first half. This is not just the beginning of a 4 game in five night stretch. It is also the 3rd game in 4 nights. Rest the starters Flip.

Delfino came into the game before Evans. And the bench looked darn good with Arroyo, Delfino, and Dyess in there. Arroyo did excellent. And that time he dribbled the ball for a while, and drove in. He drew the foul, a pretty obvious one really. Great they got the call right. That kind of thing is excellent. A point guard must make the other team always respect his threat to score. Fantastic game by Arroyo so far. I especially liked his drive in and pass to a cutting Dyess for a dunk. His assists to Dyess for outside shots have been slick too. Hope Dyess gets used to those nice open shots. They are good to have for most players. Other than him and Vinnie, I can't recall too many players who practically had to have contact to score.

Between Arroyo and Delfino, that ball goes inside like clockwork. I just wish Dyess caught that one fine pass by Delfino there. Dyess has been hitting his outside shots in this game, and taking some shots a bit beyond his usual stuff. Getting a bit more aggressive on offense basically.

As usual, Rip, CB, Tay, and Sheed are all doing some scoring. Ben did some scoring on Nocioni. Looked pretty good. We should win this one. We can score on them. We can defend them well. But will we have the energy to keep them off the boards. Homecourt ought to help in the energy department. Lets see and GO PISTONS!!!!!
  16. ojay

ojay Second Round Draft Pick

Our starters are fine. The energy is there, the consistency, the balance.

Arroyo and Dice are great off the bench. Delfino had an off-night shooting, but looked aggressive and looking to drive. The kid has natural handles, and I would like to see him more. Glad he got in early, before Evans.

Evans looked okay too, but inside, he's too strong, almost all the time. He needs that feather touch inside.

Darko got his minutes in the garbage quarter. The kid sucks.

JMax got an appearence, and looked great.
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

game report

The starters extended the lead a bit in the 3rd. Mostly Sheed heating it up, living up to his expectations set in Chicago. Again, Sheed in the post was simply unstoppable by any Chicago player.

The bench came in early in the 3rd. Delfino again in before Evans. And again, we took off and put it away. Delfino immediately got inside and kicked out to CB for a triple. Basically, this is flat out more logical. Bring in your good ball handlers first. Note, Evans scored a lot. In garbage time. Good to see him work on his midrange shot. His adventures in ball handling looked real bad though. He did have a good assist though off simply being in the post and passing it up top, and he did get to the right spot on that fast break for a short jumper. The best thing Evans did was hustle after that turn and force them to foul him. That was one very good athletic play to be able to pick that ball up and accelerate down the court so well. And he got some rebounds.

OK. I hope you guys saw that. Maxiell's hard stepback. I saw that thing go in repeatedly in the summer league. It was no fluke that shot went in. That is a plain flat out nasty stepback. Stepping back full force so no way the defender can follow you, and shooting with a good solid jump.

It worked out real well. The starters ended up playing very little. Lots of gas for tomorro night.

Now Darko. A slow start. But in the end, we pretty much held even with all of our subs out there against some rather experienced Chicago players. Darko's long shot just barely rimmed out. He got a couple of offensive rebounds but a travel spoiled one. His defensive rebounding was suspect. I still say that is more a matter of getting game timing. He needs to play for that to happen. Darko showed more ball handling ability vs. a guy like Evans in the very short time he got tonight comparitively. Darko on one play dribbled in toward the basket and hit Evans cutting to the basket. If only Evans could do something like that he would be a good rotation player.

Maxiell got a great block on Chandler that the refs called a foul. Not a foul and the replay shows Maxiell got all ball.

I kind of see a pattern with Tay trying to work on his range. Most nights, Tay is not solid out there long range. But he hits a good bunch of shorter shots. Keep working Tay. Thats one thing playing under Brown did to Tay negatively. I think Tay is still thinking Brown is watching and worrying if he might miss the shot.-Had to put a dig in against Brown on a night when another cellar dweller beat on his team bad.

Tay had another spectacular dunk, off a pass from Rip on a fast break. Pretty ordinary by Tay's standards, but I bet it thrilled a lot of people at the Palace. GO PISTONS!!!!!
  18. Pastor Flournoy

Pastor Flournoy First Round Draft Pick

Did Sheed really start the "Fire MM" chant like ESPN said?
  19. detteam

detteam All-Star

I'm watching the Wizards/Laker game.

Bill Walton...announcing that the Wizards beat the Pistons on home court...and down-playing LUKE's shoddy play tonight while making excuses for him.

BW is the lowest form of NBA color-commentator life. :P
  20. max

max All-Star

No Complaints.

Near perfect game. Solid all around. Defense, scoring, rebounding. bench.

Had a decent edge on the offensive glass going into extended garbage time. 2nd game in a row on the boards.