1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Pistons vs Bucks Weds. January 25th 2006

Discussion in 'January 2006 Games' started by roscoe36, Jan 21, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Weds. Jan 25th 2006, 7:30 PM Eastern
    Palace of Auburn Hills, built 1998, league leading capacity 22,076
    TV: FSN DET, NBALP
    Radio: WDFN 1130AM

Probable Starting Lineups!

Ben Wallace - Rasheed Wallace - Tayshaun Prince - Rip Hamilton - Chauncey Billups
    VS.
    Jamal Magloire - Andrew Bogut - Bobby Simmons - Michael Redd - Jermaine Jackson

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Comments on the game??
    ~~

2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Delfino or Amir

Anyone know if Delfino will be back tonight? I want to see another Amir dunk!

3. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

Its a game time Decision the last I heard with Delfino tonight. If not Amir will dress again.

The Pistons will have to come out tonight and just weather the storm. In the NBA teams that come off a lose will try to be the agressors early. This game I see like the last Boston game where the Bucks might take an early lead hit a lot of shots from the perimeter. Sometimes the Pistons let other teams give them their best shot and after that they just wear them down.

This is another divisional rival game which the Pistons have not played alot of so far, only four with this being the secound meeting with the Bucks. The last game the Pistons played with the Bucks it was on a 2nd night of the back to back and the game stayed pretty even troughout and the Pistons showed more poise down the stretch to win 85-76.
    THis game should have a little bit more scoring and I say the Pistons will win this game down the stretch 106-91.:P

4. vthomp

Delfino will play tonight he was at shoot around this morning reported by, Blakely of Mlive.

CB was also reported of tweaking an ankle at shoot around and is game time decision.:frusty:

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Lets hope CB is at least ready to play if only to provide some stability im minor minutes. Can't trust Arroyo for more than 25 minutes,....but then again maybe this is his chance to prove to his detractors......that he belongs on this team.

One thing for certain, we don't want to aggravate the ankle of the team MVP :ohwell:

6. vthomp

It was a fake report from a ASB faker regarding C Billups. He will play tonight, he did not hurt himself.

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Dale Davis

Any word on if he is over the flu? Ok, just in case this post is not long enough, I am adding this sentence. Dale was also reported sick although he dressed last night.

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Chat's open folks.

9. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

tayshaun

does tay have the flu too??

he's getting outplayed by simmons. flip needs to sub tay out. don't just play him because he's one of your starters. redd is keeping the bucks in this game. sheed missing clutch shots and free throws that he usually hits.

10. SKluck

SKluck First Round Draft Pick

Re: tayshaun

What a crazy game. Fred McCleod had the best quote, Rip nailed one of his shots near the end of regulation and he says "Rip, YOU ARE RIDICULOUS!" :laugh::laugh: That sounded like a Blahaism.

11. clingman

clingman First Round Draft Pick

Re: tayshaun

but didn't he look good in overtime? :eyebrows:

Man O Man did that boy go off on us, and how many of those shots were WIDELY contested, unlike a certain laker this past weekend

12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sheed fouled Bogut at the end of regulation. Dodged a bullet on that one.

Good win. I was a bit worried when it went into OT.

13. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I get so damn mad every time the Pistons half-ass it against the Bucks. Seems like Michael Redd always gets hot at the end, and once he gets going there's no way to block that shot of his.

14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

game report

35-5

35-5

35-5

Ok, had to write that a few times just to believe it. Are we all in a shared dream? I will be at the Palace Friday night, hungry to see this mark broken. Watchout Grizz, cause the Palace will be a madhouse.

Part way thru OT, I was thinking how I would have to be writing up a loss. We had a ten point lead we could not hold for two lousy minutes. They made the shots. We played great. Just one of those games. Oh so close. Man, I am sure glad the last few sentences don't apply.

What a game. I will only mention the bench briefly and get that out of the way. The bench did fine. They gave the starters plenty of rest in the first half. Enough you knew our starters would have enough in the tank to win this one somehow. Arroyo maybe was a little too aggressive on the breaks for some people's taste. Me, I loved watching Arroyo push that ball up the floor putting pressure on the defense to get back. Evans hit some shots, and gave us energy on defense, and played a lot. That last as important as any. Dyess simply played a lot. Nothing great. Just gave both Ben and Sheed plenty of rest.

Now the starters. Sheed hit what, about 4 triples in this one. We shot a lot of triples in this game. A whole lot. But I think we ended up hitting over 40% on those threes. That is pretty darn good. Better by far than making 50% on 2's. It was a big part of our offense tonight, and I have no problem with it. As long as a team continually proves they can go inside if the shot won't fall, shoot the outside shots. Why not. It keeps the outside shots sharp.

Rip was our scoring hero for most of the game. About 35 points or so. And some of it in crunch time. We were all sure those 2 he made late, plus his free throw, had us home free. Got to love this clutch shooting. As I have mentioned before, in Rip's first year with us, 4th quarter points did not come from Rip, let alone points in the last five minutes of a game. What a marvelous change over the years. Rip has it all now. Midrange coming off curls he is unstoppable. Tonight, they put a guy on him quick enough to follow him, but who inevitably was too short to affect Rip's shots. Just can't find many who can both keep up with Rip and then also bother the shot. Rip hits triples. Getting to be effortless on those. Rip hits pull ups. Rip drives right to the hoop. A scoring machine just getting better month by month right before out eyes.

CB dished out about 15 assists, and scored 22 points or so. At least 10 in OT. Mr. Big Shot earned his name yet again tonight, with I think all the last bit of scoring coming from him. Sheed's triple of course was huge to get us back to within 1. Then CB took over. A two. A triple. And making all his free throws down the stretch. Hey, anyone still want to argue with me on this: CB is the best Point in the league.

Ben was Ben. Blocks. Great D. Rebounds. Almost invisible to us fans who get this from him on a constant basis. But other than Tay, Ben is the 2nd most valuable player out there. This is not just per the stats. Ben's D is always there.

Tay did what was needed. Blended in so well you just never could tell he was winning the game for us. Great ball handling decisions. A bucket here and there. Great D on Redd in OT. (Did Redd get 40-maybe a point shy)

Back to CB. What versatility this guy has. He was able to guard Simmons, letting us put Tay on Redd. Thats about it for now. GO PISTONS!!!!!

15. vthomp

Well I got the 106 part right for the final score perdiction. Bucks put up a hard fight tonight and they found out why the Pistons are 35-5!!! Good head to head match up with Rip and Redd the difference is that Rip has other big time teammates in Billups and Sheed.

As it was said earlier by the bobcats coach that the Pistons has a go to team!!! good win tonight.:P

16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Re: game report

No, I don't want to argue that CB is best PG. [I was a year early last year] And nice of you to come around to the fact that Rip is even more clutch this year. Would like to see Dyess be more consistent. Evans game isn't about consistency- it's about mayhem all over the court. I take that back, consistent mayhem all over the court.

17. vthomp

Don't understand you your writing in Canada!!! Lol

18. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

FreshPince22's recap: Tayshaun sucked, Ben sucked (on the boards). Chauncey and Rip were beasts. Sheed came up big when he was needed (he's not a beast due to the missed FTs).

Stat line of the day
    Tayshaun: 42 minutes, 4 points (2 for 8 FG, 0 for 2 FT), 1 rebound, 2 TOs.

Tayshaun, Dumars called, he wants last year's Tayshaun back.

19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We gotta problem here fellas. We have let Tmac and Redd go off for 40+ points and had to hang on to win both games. :doh: The first by dodging a 3 point attempt at the end of regulation and the second a last minute win in OT. In each case we did not double team the hot shooter at all and tay looked he dead tired in each and it affected his offense.

I don't think Kobe will get 80, but he could go off for 45-50, keep it close and possibly steal the game Sunday almost like the Rockets and Bucs tried to. redd came off screens, but Koeb will just jack it up .....and hope that it goes in.

20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Last season

We would worry about it last season. Cause both those games would have been losses. This season, and I know it has been said over and over, we can score. Still true though. I love it. The only real problem with our defense is our starters need to get a bit more rest, something that can be accomplished in the 2nd half of the season. Flip, get those starters some rest. Play the bench more.