Important Pistons Summer League - Orlando - 2014

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by BillLaimbeer, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I saw this today. Stuckey had a beef with Frank too? What's that make him, 4 for 4 now fighting his coaches?
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stuckey knows he’s been shopped by the Pistons, that they offered him in a package in the attempt to acquire Raptors forward Rudy Gay right before they signed Josh Smith...

I guess we can take down all those aw-joe-oh-shucks-guess-you-really-knew-what-you-were-doing threads now.
  3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I feel like I've made it a point to not pile on players just because they've been around a while and haven't met the unrealistic expectations we fans put on them, but Stuckey is a complete joke. Get this freaking loser out of here.
    alexa032, MARK MADSEN! and round like this.
  4. tnt1960

tnt1960 Bench Warmer

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons lost 90-85 this morning. I haven't watched this one yet. It looks like the Pistons only played 7 guys. No English, Singler (the real one), Kravtsov, Middleton, or Siva.

Mitchell had some good numbers...16 points on 7 of 10 shooting
    KCP scored 20
    Drummond had 15 points, 14 rebounds in 24 minutes

Lucious played 39:50 out of the 40 minutes.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The impostor Singler did play 25 minutes with 0 points. 6 assists were nice though.

How can you play that unselfishly when you have a 1% chance of making it into the NBA? Seems like you need to go in there blazing.
  8. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Yea... Johnson had to get to Vegas... and the rest were injured, assuming English and agent are busy trying to get a team to invite him to Vegas...

Was funny all game long they talked about Miami only having 8 players because half their team was headed to Vegas already, but never noticed/mentioned we were only 7 deep. KCP looked good, scoring in all sorts of ways and looked good on D, think he'll be ok this year.
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

14 boards is Drummond's low for the summer isn't it?
  10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Yeah.
    He's gotta step it up!
  11. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

EJ coulda dropped 81pts on the Heat scrubs this morning and he still would have found himself in a tryout for the last roster spot on the Shanghai Sharks next fall.
  12. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

0 blocks with Drum, Buchannon and The Palace Pope starting against a bunch of scrubs?
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I just finished watching the game. Not as entertaining as the previous Piston - Miami matchup, but hey, the game had its moments. Like EJ throwing a pass, seemingly heading toward the stands, that Mitchel snatched from way up in the air one handed and dunked in a single motion. And Drummond did it again, steal and dunk from a guard. Are you kidding me. You ask that every time you see it, but hey, its real.

Evans did a lot of scoring in this one, outside shooting and closer in. The only bench players, Peterson, and EJ. Pope looked a lot smoother on his outside shot, like he is getting comfortable, another solid scoring game from him. But hey, his scoring is mostly from drives in, either making one of a variety of shots, or making free throws. A rather fancy looking floater down the center and a high glasser from the left were featured in his repertoire. Drummond was Drummondesk, a very solid double double. He could have played that last five minutes and won this game for us and got even better stats. (We were up 11 late, but Drummond did not come in until the last play or so, to try to hold a one point lead for us. Did not work.)

Mitchell just keeps being Mitchell, plays far bigger than his listing of 6-9. EJ by the way had a knack for feeding Mitchell for scores around the hoop.

Drummond did more than just do put backs today - and a post score or two - he nailed a couple of outside shots too. One with the shot clock running down where he had to hoist from past or near the 3 point line. Swish. Looked real good. Later, his choice, nailed a 15-18 footer. The announcers claim Drummond is fine on face up jumpers. Now, we have all seen some of Drummond's ability to hit short shots around the basket. But after doing some of this early for us, later, we mostly just saw the putbacks and dunks last season. And we have Sheed to encourage this guy properly. I think us fans have a lot to look forward to, and be surprised mightily by Drummonds offensive game. PS, his free throws, despite just one going down, looked real good in form and did not miss by much.

Despite the short rotation for Miami, they played some pretty talented guys. The fact we had this game won, if we so chose by playing Drummond the last five minutes, shows the defensive talent on this squad. In this game, Pope, Mitchell, and Drummond all played some real solid D. Going off to play in the rotation thread. Bye for now.

Oh yeah, one more thing we can dream about between here and October - Drummond can pass the ball well. And it looks like Mitchell is going to be getting lots of dunks off Drummond passes this upcoming season. And of course, can you imagine adding Josh Smith as another receiver from Drummond?
    roscoe36 and Slippy like this.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Nice Leecap today as I reminisce on who started that phrase..."Leecap".....The Summer League is really good for these guys getting familiar with each other and it gives us a chance to adopt a son. Mine will be the Mitchell kid. He is a Mo Cheeks type player. Reminds me of some mysterious kid from Oklahoma that the Bad Boys drafted around 1986. Pistons will be so good (better) this year defensively. Cheeks got his boy from Philly (Sheed) to come in and help ..I would love to see Dr J. Moses and Choclate Thunder stop by for some pep talks too. I cant belive it..My over/under for watching Pistons games this year: 41.
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

17. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Who started the phrase Leecap? I can't remember. Now you got me thinking about our Detroit News days.
    OLD SKOOL HQ likes this.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

There are several things like this where it would be interesting to find the origin. Even when the origin is known, it would be cool to revive the source post.
  19. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I'm going to watch the last Piston summer game tonight. I taped it and have been saving it to watch now.
    Somehow I ended up taping all the teams summer games, I gotta delete them. I'm only interested in one team.....
  20. linwood

linwood All-Star

Can't recall exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was one of the troops.