1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Pistons/Sixers game 4 Sun Apr 27 7PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 26, 2008.

1. max

max All-Star

Pistons/Sixers game 4 Sun Apr 27 7PM

tv: TNT

I don't have many comments. Wait and see how it turns out. Billups recently said that no game is a must win unless its an elimination game. The series will get to that point if the Pistons lose this one and go down 1-3. Thats what they are facing. Can either tie this up and bring it back to Detroit for a 3-game series or really dig a hole that they may not be able to get out of.

2005 2nd round. Down 1-2 against the slightly better than .500 Pacers and were able to come back and win 4 straight. Nice to see something like that again.

2. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Now that's what I call Pistons DNA.

3. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Luckily JoeD signed him for several more years. His market value may have never been higher.

4. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

The most must win a game can possibly be.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Agreed. This game is essentially a referendum on the last 3 years.

6. max

max All-Star

If they really are the best starting 5 in the league then this game should not be a problem, even without McDyess.

7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

First 5 minutes of the game will tell us everything about where this team stands.

8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Billups:

"It's funny, after Game 1 I was asked if Game 2 was a must-win game and I said no," Billups said. "Everybody said I was arrogant and cocky for that. Everybody knows I am not arrogant or cocky. All I know is, the only must-win situation is when you are facing elimination."

"We have been together so long, you know, we've been down 3-1 and faced three straight elimination games. We've been down 3-2 and faced elimination on the road. That's where my confidence comes from. It's not arrogance. We've been through a lot."

Some will argue that he is living off the past and some will argue that he is correct. Again, we will see which one it is very early tomorrow.

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

As disappointing as these first few games have been the Sixers still have to win half of the games left in the series to throw us off. (2/4)

The Pistons may not step on there opponents throat enough, but the one thing they do is put up a fight when they are down.

Sheed doesn't need to bounce back, Chauncey doesn't need to bounce back, the team needs to bounce back. This team lost when we kept forcing the ball to Rip and Tay yesterday. It won't be any different if we switch the players.

10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Detroit Bad Boys

Great analysis of what needs to be done for Game 4

2nd post on the page.

11. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Is Dice available to play? Do you start him if he is or shake things up from the get go and get either Theo or Max in the starting line up?

12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

What exactly does Pistons "DNA" stand for in this context?

Delusional Numskull Arrogance?

If so, I must agree with you.

13. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Didn't get to see Games 2 or 3 but probably a good thing. I can imagine being all, 'yeah, back on track' after Game 2 and thinking we're back on. But then I can sympathise with all you guys after another debacle in Game 3.

Maybe it should be 'Deeee-bacle Basketball!!!'

I don't really buy the arguments that this is a bad matchup for us. If we're more talented and the only way we can be beaten is by lack of energy, then that to me is a STEAMING PILE OF BS!

There is no excuse, none, for not playing with energy, focus and determination at playoff time. As we've heard from Joe in interviews this season, 'If you don't come to play, 100% every game, you're out'.

We'll just see if he keeps good on his promise after the season ends.

Timing has been bad on my part in seeing the Pistons this season. I would have loved to have done this trip in 04 or 05. But my apathy began last season and I'm afraid like some of you that it probably won't change until there are some personnel changes.

Slippy, you should change the counter to 'losses before flip is fired' like Low said. And Low, you need to update your signature.

That is all.

14. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

"Shaking that stick, Boss...shaking that stick!"

15. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Don't care. Game 3 made me apathetic. Any team that does not play w/ focus and intensity does not deserve the fans respect. Joe and this current crop of Pistons have had a wonderful run but I do not respect this attitude of showing up and thinking things will happen, or we know what to do. It's been going on too long and the coach and Joe have not nipped it in the bud.

16. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I had a dream last night that the Pistons lost this series 4-1. For that to happen that would mean Philly would win the series at The Palace in game 5.

Now that would be ugly...................

17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Don't worry about that. We will win Game 4!

If AA/Amir play j/k sorta :)

Seriously though, if that happens, Chuck Daly starts pulling Flip's strings, and our players try really hard, it could happen!

18. max

max All-Star

Seriously though. I really hope Amir gets the nod over Ratliff. But I can totally see Theo getting the nod and screwing things up. Pistons should still win anyway.

To me the key of this game is that Billups has to step up. He has been making these excuses and its time for him to do something out there.

19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Agreed on both counts

20. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep. He has done nothing this series averaging 13 and 4 on 30% shooting. Craptastic.