Pistons/Sixers 1st Round Game 6, May 1st, 8:00 PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by Dlev59, Apr 30, 2008.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Nice way to wrap up the series. Bring on the Orlando. This is going to be interesting. Of course, Barkley already with an opinion that Pistons would have to double Howard.
  2. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

GET THAT BIG RED X UP THERE!!:hoops:
  3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

i doubt this happens. Maybe another player staying a little closer, and a few double teams, but not on a majority of possessions. That would absolutely kill us and is completely uneccessary.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Smooth win. Glad I was wrong about DR and score. Just a lot of soft touches and net ticking by the Ps. 6ers couldn't throw it in the ocean. Even when they got close to the hoop - nothing.
    Amir has a gruesome baby hook. But he didn't miss.
    Maxi was in the right place all nite long.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Man. 2nd night this week that we get the Detroit sweep. Pistons over Philly. Wings over Colorado. And the Tigers finish off the Yankees.

Enjoying it.

Nice stress free Pistons game with 15 minutes or so of pure unadulterated garbage time.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That would be Zoo Time.
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

8. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

A quick question...how is the frenzy Flip haters during chat?
  9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Detroit wins the series 4-2. Orlando next, Saturday evening. I am taking my daughter to that one. Note, she has been to a playoff game where the Pistons lost, but the Pistons have never lost a series when she went to a game in that series. So I can pretty much guarantee Orlando is done already. (PS, she is 20-0, seeing 20 wins in 20 regular season games attended.)

We continued to use an 8 man rotation, though Afflalo only played about 4 minutes in the first half.

Dyess did spell Sheed and then Max, and he hit a shot, but really, him being out there probably did us no good. The mask was bothering him something terrible. At one point, it fell off and he tossed it to the sidelines. Worse, he took a charge with the mask off before getting pulled. We most likely are going to need Dyess next series to help guard Howard. This was a very bad risk to take. Dyess is in the same boat Rip is in. The next broken nose means major surgery and a long layoff from it.

Rip started out 5 for 5. Billups heated up. The two scored a ton while missing very few shots. Tay was scoring too while Sheed chipped in with a pair of triples. But defense won this game as much as anything. Jason Maxiell was awesome in that department. Jason has extremely active feet, a long reach, and kind of like Ben Wallace, shows up everywhere, one defensive play after another.

Stuckey hit two or three outside shots, some free throws. Not much driving in to the basket.

The 4th was garbage time. Hayes hit a pair of threes, but then let others shoot. Us fans got to watch Amir put in 10 points in his 11 minutes. This included a couple of post moves with him going to the middle and smoothly putting in the half hook.

This game was over early, with us going up 10-0 to start the game, and then getting up 20 before not too long. Our lead stopped growing as soon as Dyess came into the game, but it held as Dyess spelled our two bigs. The 3rd was pretty much like the first, great D, and plenty of scoring options clicking. The lead got to 30 plus.

Can't think of much else to say. Even for me, this one was a snoozer, in every sense of the word. I did manage to stay awake thru the whole game, but just barely toward the end.

GO PISTONS!!!!!
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

If I remember correctly AI's teams could only go 5 games with us.
  11. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not to be too critical after a blowout like that, but I would have called a timeout as soon as Dice lost his mask.

The guy had just been knocked in the face about a minute prior and was in obvious discomfort, he had surgery on his nose a few days ago, the game was an absolute blowout at the time and the Pistons had the ball.

There is no way I would have chanced getting him injured at that point. I'd have called a timeout and gotten him the heck out of there.

I know that it's a minor thing, but IMO, that just shows how poor Flip's in-game management is.
  12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I was pissed a couple games ago when Tay caught one in his throat or collar bone and the boob left him in the game too.

Flip is very consistent (oh, maybe I should save this for the positive thread).
  13. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    It was kind of strange and I was also calling for Flip to take Dyess out at that point. Oh well, I guess it all worked out OK.
  14. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Great win, but a few things I noticed...

- I really don't like how Rip and Tayshaun play when Chauncey isn't on the floor. Especially Rip. If this team wants to have success in the later rounds of the playoffs, they can't have Rip trying to be the man as soon as Chauncey hits the bench. In this game he had 3 straight turnovers as soon as Chauncey went out, and single handedly gave Philly some life. Tayshaun is guilty as well, as he seems reluctant to keep the ball moving when it gets to him. From the outside looking in, some people will say the "inexperienced bench" came into the game, and let the game get out of control, but that couldn't be further from the truth IMO. Rasheed is really the only guy that plays within himself when he's in the game with the bench.

- The whole situation with Dice in the 3rd quarter was driving me crazy. When it is obvious he shouldn't be on the floor, I don't see why Flip keeps him out there. He got whacked in his face, couldn't see. The mask kept falling off, and he made about 5 bad plays in a row. In a blowout, I don't see why you keep him out there for any reason.
  15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Which is exactly why the 2nd unit looks so great with him.
  16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Anybody catch this article?

Hayes battles bench blues

Hayes battles bench blues

I personally am not thrilled with him as a player, but i feel sorta bad for him the way it went down.
  17. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I don't. He has been playing on borrowed minutes almost all year. Flip finally gets it right by going with Arron, who actually brings something to the table on a consistent basis. AA is the guy that should get the sympathy for getting looked over all year for the guy who gets hot behind the arc once a month.
  18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Lately it's been a pretty positive and veteran crowd.

So I'd say it hasn't been approaching frenzy level.

Dumars4Ever runs a tight ship. :)
  19. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Great win for Pistons. Glad they closed it out. Nice to see the starters get a chance to cool their heels in the 4th while the youngsters got their burn. Kudos, to the 76'ers and Coach Cheeks for maximizing their potential and pushing the series this far. Once the Pistons figured them out and got into the playoff rhythm it was like seeing a professional team against a JV team. No disrespect to the 76'ers, but it was clear that the Pistons talent and ability level was much superior once the Stones got on a roll. Hope for a more consistent performance against the Magic.
  20. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Here's a fun quote from Thaddeus Young about JMax, from just before the game, interviewed by ESPN's blogger Henry Abbott: