Pistons/Sixers 1st Round Game 6, May 1st, 8:00 PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by Dlev59, Apr 30, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:pound: :pound:

Classic.

As always AA=Win. Let's see how Flip's math is.

edited to add;
    I think it's gotta be more than 5 seconds. 5 min is the minimum ppl!

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

AA > Jarvis. We can win or lose either way. However, I'll take my chances with a bench player who can play D and scores unselfishly in the flow of the offense over a streaky one-dimensional 3-point shooter.

I don't dislike Jarvis, I just think we have 2 better options at that spot. If we can go small, the AA is the answer. If we have to go big, then Walter should get the minutes.

3. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Don't forget option #3 or you'll have the Amir Johnson HOF club on your azz!

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

With Amir, I don't think it matters what position you tell him to play. He's going to be hanging around the paint and playing like Rodman anyways.

I can see where a coach would be nervous to put in Jarvis, Walter, Stuckey, Juan, etc. But it seems to me that putting in AA or Amir is a pretty safe move. The reason is that they almost always deliver with defense and hustle. If they are missing shots, they aren't going to keep shooting them. Also, they avoid turnovers.

5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I am the first to admit that Jarvis has not been what I and everyone else expected since he arrived here.

He is a scorer, a shooter and nothing else. All teams have one, and some of the Pistons players have said that Jarvis is the best pure shooter on the team.

The seaosn is not over yet and don`t be surprised if he finds his stroke and wins us a game or two in this post season, or should I say help us to a win.

Tonight would be a good time to win one!!!!

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Like I said, I don't hate the guy. He shoots a pretty good percentage for a bench player.

I just think his style is better for the regular season when he's a primary scoring option on the bench unit and AA brings more to the table with other starters on the floor. The rotations we are using call for a role player like AA b/c I'd rather have Rip looking for his shot than Jarvis.

I'll be the first to cheer him on when he goes 4-5 from deep tonight. But so far, he hasn't done much with his minutes.

7. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

a quick question, is the game delayed?

8. detteam

detteam All-Star

It's 8pm EDT

9. max

max All-Star

Has Hayes been a dissapointment? Kind of but one has to consider that he was a min contract player, you get what you pay for. I did expect at least more consistant scoring from him.

What do the Pistons have to do to win?

1) Contain Dalembert and Evans. Sheed, Maxiel and Dyess should be able to do this. If those guys have a big night then someone is not doing their job.

2) Take care of the ball and crash the boards. Pistons do not need to give away a lot of 2nd chance opportunities tonight, thats a good way to lose the game.

3) Stay on Iggie ( can't spell his name ). Prince has been huge here because we don't have to double team.

I still feel that as long as the Pistons play hard defense and rebound that they can still get a win even if the shooting is off.

Pistons by 10.

10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm disappointed in him.
    ...not even "kind of", I'm REALLY disappointed in him.

11. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I too am disappointed in Jarvis, I agree Dlev, he may find his stroke somewhere during this playoff run. Jarvis is a streaky shooter, but when he shoots well he is dead eye dangerous.

Juan Dixon on the other hand needs to play and I feel that he will be utilized in the next series if and when we meet Boston. It would be a more favorable matchup for Juan because wheny orlando play their short guards, he will see some floor time.

12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

CHAT IS OPEN!!!!

* link removed *

13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

That banned thing (See above post)makes me laugh every time. I'm just hoping that one day it appears above Slippy's name.:MusicBigGrin:

Kudos to the Pistons.

14. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

ONE ELIMINATION DOWN TONIGHT, ONE TO GO!

15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Great way to close out the series. The starters came out clicking and went up 10-0, and there was no turning back. CB and Rip combined for 17-25 and 44 points...Rip was +33 for the game, and CB was +37! The bench struggled at the beginning of the 2nd quarter, but things turned back around with a lineup of CB, Rip, Stuckey, Dice, and Sheed. The starters pushed things out again in the 3rd quarter to make it a complete blowout with a meaningless 4th quarter.

Things were looking pretty bleak at halftime of Game 4, but the Pistons absolutely dominated ever since then. The bad start to the series was irritating, but there certainly wasn't much to complain about ever since "the switch" flipped back on.

16. max

max All-Star

That was the perfect game 6. Everything clicked plus the bench got in for the 4th. It was the equivalent of a practice, getting them ready for the next series.

Its good that we only have 1 day off, keep the momentum going.

17. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

meanwhile red wings has eliminated avs in 1st Q: they lead 3-1. 1st goal for samuelsson - he shoots puck just to by time for changing and it goes in...
    two goals were 2 on 1s from neutral zone turnovers and Theodore had absolutely zero chance. (Holmström and Franzen)

oh, back to topic.

18. max

max All-Star

Bump up.

19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Only game in the NBA tonight..everyone saw us on display. Hopefully we didn't show all of our weapons:sssh:. We were out of the gate big in the last two games and never looked back.

Nice shooting the last two games and we only averaged 99 points. Prince was series MVP, but Rip and Cb really turned up their games the last two games. Sheed took the night off, but we didn't need him. Dice had nose and mask problems and the rest of the bech did what they had to do to maintain the lead including Amir's 5-5 shooting and six boards

I think we averaged over 15 turnovers this series and need to take better care of the ball vs the Magic and protect the 3 pt arc.

Good season for the sixers, but it's time for them to go :fish2::fishing:

20. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

Stuckey hit a three. Wow.