Pistons pursuing Beasley?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by truwill999, Jul 4, 2012.

1. truwill999

truwill999 Second Round Draft Pick

hi guys, couldnt find any threads about this on the forum so i decided to make an account and start one. apparently the pistons are interested in Beasley.

Personally I would love to have him, I think he's a great scorer and still has a lot of potential. Last year he was kind of in a log jam situation for Minnesota.
    As a SF/PF, if we signed him I think Tay would be on his way out. We already have a lot of small forwards on the roster...

What do you guys think?

from this article: NBA Free Agency: Pistons Reportedly Looking At Forward Michael Beasley - SB Nation Detroit
    A source said Phoenix and Detroit are among those pursuing small forward Michael Beasley. Minnesota declined to extend the former No. 2 pick a qualifying offer, making him an unrestricted free agent.

2. max

max All-Star

Welcome to the Forum.

Tell you what - if we do sign him then there will be some pretty big roster moves so follow. As even the article says we do not have any more room up there. Plus I think they are secretly hoping the rookie Middleton will make a big splash this season and SF is his natural position.

3. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I hope we stay far away from Beasley. If Maggette is the king of putting up empty numbers, Beasley may be number 2.

The Panda likes this.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I am ok with Beasely. We need talent on this team. The coach is responsible for making people accountable, but it sucks watching a team that is short on talent night in and night out.

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Very true. Would rather watch a team like the Thunder from 3 years ago that was missing the playoffs by a mile because there was obviously upside there waiting to be realized. The 2002 and 2003 Pistons were a ton of fun to watch. Same with the Lions lately.

When you believe your team is on the rise, you can ignore a lot of the mistakes and failures.

S.J. and BallDon'tLie like this.
  6. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

No thanks on Beasley. I personally think that guy is a total locker room cancer.

At least Rondo wants to win. Measley just want stupid tattoos and an afro.

7. markie8002000

markie8002000 First Round Draft Pick

Hes signed with Phoenix.

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think Beasley tweeting the picture of his new tattoo with a bag of weed sitting on the table next to him in clear view was priceless.

9. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

So was the video/gif of him rubbing Tolliver's knee. Guy's probably constantly high as a kite.

10. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Supercool Beas!

11. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I disagree. I don't live in the Detroit area. I didn't grow up there. Never went to school in the area. What makes me a fan of the Pistons was that they represented tough, team basketball. The bad boys were underdogs against the storied Lakers and Celtics teams. They fought hard. What made the Going to Work team so interesting was that they had that same tough, team basketball aura. Its also what made Flip Saunders so frustrating to watch. But that mentality is due to the make up of your players. I'd rather this team build strong working class basketball and I'm glad he went to....the Suns. I mean the same thing could be said about Gordon and Villanueva in 2009. Go back...we both said it was a good move. At the time, the biggest knock against that move outside of piston-fandom was that Dumars should have waited until the free agent bonanza of 2010. But the 2009 team was largely devoid of talent. Dumars picked the best available talent but their overall makeup was anathema to the spirit of Detroit basketball. Without that, we're Milwaukee. Or Minnesota if Joe mis-fires too many times in a row. The results speak for themselves. We were fortunate to acquire young players that fit the mold so we need to build on that. Not retrofit a pot club to the back.

round likes this.
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yeah but we had Sheed who was a headcase, Billups who had been given up on by a couple teams. Guys with a chip on their shoulder.

The NBA is a talent market. Maggette is proof of that. If a guy won't work out, he can always be traded if he can shoot and pass, or shoot and dunk.

13. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Yeah but 'Sheed played defense. Between Beasley and McGee, I take McGee. Its not just the boneheadedness.

14. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, I'll take a cinnamon junkie over a pothead any day.

15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yea, but would you take a cinnamon junkie over a bucket of turd?

linwood and BallDon'tLie like this.