Pistons Pre-season games thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by kpaav, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

One time I ran over a skunk in my car and the odor stayed with me for days even though the skunk was nowhere in sight.

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great comeback by the Pistons. However since they didn't win, I really wish Ronnie Price had hit those two last free throws with a second left on the clock.

We could have had the quadruple triple as all four Detroit sports team would have lost by 3 this weekend. Tigers and Red Wings lost 5-2, Lions lost 27-24 and for the Pistons it would have been 89-86......no biggy, but just one of those things that make you go.... hmmm...:confused:

Laimbrane, Woody, Nemo and 1 other person like this.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Clearly this game is all Will Bynum's fault, he failed to organize the team once again!

linwood and LA Dre like this.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yep if only he had played we would have won this one by at least one point...

roscoe36 likes this.
  5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

At least BYU won...

6. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Who is BYU.
    Billings Yellowstone University?

7. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Bring'em young university...

Nemo likes this.
  8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

This is absolutely true. Only its really Dumars fault, for signing the guy. We should have someone who can actually play point on our roster for camp. When Siva went out for a breather, we should have had someone in who could give Siva a break and not completely disorganize the team. Now, since we signed Bynum, Dumars thought it was safe to have a camp without a young prospect giving it a good try to make the roster.

While on the subject. Siva and Pope started in the backcourt. First NBA game, even though its a preseason one, that has been started by Siva or Pope. Great day for hope around here.

Siva is playing a mile a minute. Both ends of the floor. The thing said the most during this evening's game - almost another steal by Siva. Sometimes seemingly on an every play basis. And they love how Siva keeps getting the ball inside. As has been said, Siva takes the ball where Siva wants to take the ball. A true pass first point guard. Here is my prediction. If Siva gets a few more starts before Jennings comes back, coach just might think twice about taking Siva out as the starter.

To those who did not pay much attention to the game, and are worried about all the turns. Hey, Siva was going along great to start the game. The team got off kilter when he sat. Even though it was just a minute. He came back in a minute later with Orlando having all the momentum, and the team "mojo" lost for the moment. We had a horrid 2nd quarter. But we had an ok 3rd really, and rocked in the 4th - especially with all our starters back in. We actually got the lead back for a moment.

The difference between the 2nd and 4th. Real simple. Coach saw his mistake, and did not repeat it in the 2nd half. He kept Siva in the whole 2nd half. The team got its mojo back, and did fantastic.

In a real game, Billups would not have sat, and would have continued our mojo just fine when Siva needed a bit of rest.

Brandon who?

9. roscoe36

Siva is the young prospect. He'll barely play this year unless someone gets hurt.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Only 2 boards from Monroe in 36 minutes? His rebounds are getting snatched up by Smitty and Dre.

11. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

How is that supposed to assuage our concerns over his 7:9 A:TO ratio? Basically, your argument is "trust me, guys, he was good," but your ridiculous biases over the years have undermined any trust we have in your objectivity as an even amateur analyst and you provide here not a single iota of evidence to support your claim that he had any sort of positive impact on the team..

Sorry if I come off cranky here - I had three hours of sleep last night because of my 6-month-old. But having not seen the game, I'd like to have a reason to trust your insight. I want to know why the 9 TOs and 3-10 shooting weren't indicative of his performance, so before you go there (if you do), "I saw it, it just was" is not a valid defense of your opinions.

The Panda likes this.
  12. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

come on.... Its all Dumars faul
    to small a sample for sure.... but wouldn't the best way to look at this year vs last year is to see how the team does as a percent of possible rebounds when a certain player is on the floor?

If we got 50 percent with monroe on the floor with him getting 10 per 36 last year and this year we get 55 percent with him only getting 9 per 36.... that would lend stats to your theory.

13. roscoe36

If Bynum did the same thing, it would read as an indictment against his existence as a member of the human race.

Pwn Toney, mikhail1973 and linwood like this.
  14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

No, just a member of the Pistons.

15. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Dude!
    ...Roscoe jus got TREE FITTY SIXXXXXXXED!!!!

Pwn Toney, BillLaimbeer and kpaav like this.
  16. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Siva has already made the team. My point is that their are no camp invitees. My guess, anyone would beat out Bynum.

17. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Perhaps we should start a new rotations thread that exclusively features unafiliated free-agents who haven't been invited to a NBA training camp to contrast and compare against the current Pistons roster.

18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

You like stats? How about our starting unit of Siva, Pope, Smith, Monroe, and Drummond was plus 17 for the game.

Five of Siva's turns were during this plus 17 performance by him and the starters. Apparently, he must have been doing something right too during those 18 minutes.

If you listened to the game, you would know what that something was. Siva continuously pestered their point guard, repeatedly getting near steals - without getting burnt.

More stats. I kind of like to add a players steals and assists, and balance that vs. his turns. Siva did have 9 turns, but he did play 47 minutes. So, hey, turns were not that many since he basically played two players' minutes. Anyway, he had 7 assists and 3 steals. Which adds to 10. Not a bad night. But then you add in all the points we got at the line from us getting the ball inside - 20. Oh, and Siva was personally plus 4 for the game. Just how bad a game did he really have. If you listened to the announcers, they were loving what Siva was doing. From front to back, yes, they mentioned the turns, and that the rookie would grow out of that - but they loved two things totally and constantly - Siva goes where Siva wants to go on offense, and on defense Siva has his hands on the ball every few moments without fouling and without getting burnt.

19. roscoe36

Why would you invite people to camp when you already have 15 guys under contract?

If I am the Pistons, I want to see my 15 guys play.

If I am trying to make a team, why would I audition for a team which has no jobs to offer?

20. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

What's wrong with Pizza Guy and when is he back? Did he slam his foot in the laundry machine or something tooth related? Broke his collar bone while sleeping?

S.J. and linwood like this.