Pistons Pre-season games thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by kpaav, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

They turn. Clark in for them instead of Gee. Bynum miss, Monroe bounds. Is fouled, makes 1-2, Irving misses but Mophead taps in. They foul. Will misses. Monroe fouled after rebound. 1-2. Irving fouled. They steal. Clark makes. 52-52 Billups misses 3, but Moose hits. Thompson misses. Drummond bounds. Bynum hits 3. 57-52. They make. Smith misses 3. Irving runs over Smith. Andre misses. Clark misses, but they rebound. Thompson too long in lane. Monroe is fouled in lane. Makes 1-2. 58-54.

3 second call on us. Irving makes tech. Irving hits. 58-57. CB up the court. Andre hooks and hits. We steal. Andre is fouled in lane, but non shooting. Monroe misses turnaround. Irving misses. Andre bounds. CB brings it up. Smith backs in. They knock it away. Andre is fouled with virtually no time on shot clock. 60-57 us.

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Andre makes 0-3. He was fouled on a 3 try. Irving triples. Tied. Thompson blocks Monroe. Singler and Pope in for Drummond and Billups. Pope misses runner. Mophead misses. They get ball off Smith. Siva in for Bynum. We now have Siva, Pope, Singler, Smith, Monroe. They miss, but get bound. We foul. Irving makes both. 62-60 Cavs. Pope throws it away. Dellavedova in. Irving lays it in. Siva throws it away and they dunk. 66-60 Cavs. TO

3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Siva in the lane and is fouled on the shot by Dellavedova. Siva makes 1-2. Thompson gets it knocked away, four on the floor. Jump ball Mophead and Monroe. They win tap. Clark misses. Irving bounds. Irving misses. Monroe boards. Smith in lane, to Siva, to Singler and he misses. Foul on Irving on rebound. Monroe to line. Makes 2-2. Clark hits. To Monroe vs. Sims. Miss. Bennett in. Irving misses. Singler bounds. Siva brings it up. To Smith. Pope misses. Foul on Pope.

4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

We steal. Pope gets fouled. Fifth on Irving. Pope makes 2-2. Pope foul trying to steal. Bennett makes 2-2. 70-65 Cleveland. Foul on Bennett. Siva on line. 2-2. Clark misses. Simms tap no. Singler misses 3. They miss, its the 4th. 70-67

5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Siva, Pope, Singler. JJ, Drummond. Drummond hooks and hits. Dellavedova hits. Karasev, Taylor, Bennett. Drummond vs. Simms. To Siva, bad decision by Siva as he passes in to Drummond and we get shot clock violation. We knock it OB. Taylor drives and hits. 74-69 Cleveland. JJ misses 3. They miss inside. Layin by Pope. Bennett misses 3. Singler bounds. Singler drives and is fouled by Karasev who has fifth foul. Singler makes 1-2. Two point game. Pope swipes it. Throws it away. Taylor scores inside after sloppy play. The throw away was at least an attempt to get it to Drummond at the basket. TO

6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Singler misses. They dunk. Andre has it poked away. Bennett misses. JJ hits. Steps up from 3. O foul on Simms setting a screen. CB and Moose for Pope and JJ.

Siva brings it up. To Singler, O foul on Siva after pass. Bynum in. Karasev hits. CB pump fakes and drains 3. 80-77.

Dellavedova misses. Monroe misses inside. Taylor fouled going to basket. Foul on Monroe. Most of our starters are back in. They make both. They steal, and lay it in. 84-77. CB misses. We knock it OB. TO

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

They throw it away. Will brings it up. To Smith. He misses 3. Monroe bounds but misses runner. Karasev triples over Smith. 87-77. Will up, Bynum drives and lays it in. Karasev hits again. Drummond inside, they steal and Karasev dunks. TO

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Pope back in. Siva in. In to Monroe. Knocked away, foul. Smith still in. OB. Monroe misses. They miss. Kadji in for Cleveland. Siva, Pope, Smith, Drummond, Monroe. We lose ball. They miss but Bennet taps it in. Siva brings it up. TO. Drummond, Monroe, and Smith sit. Mitchell, JJ, and Singler in.

So I guess we will finish with Siva, Pope, Singler, JJ, Mitchell. 2 min. to go in game. Kadji, Dellavedova, Karasev, Taylor, Bennett.

Siva to Pope. OB to us. Pope misses. They miss. JJ bounds. JJ misses hook. Taylor misses. Pope rebounds. Foul on Karasev. Fouls out. Singler misses 3. Bennet hits 3. 96-79 Cleveland.

Pope misses. They foul on rebound. JJ makes both. OB to us. Its over. But Singler hits 3 as time expires. We lose badly.

Lets look at the boxscore: Bynum minus 9. Can't say it was all him losing this one. But note, he played losing basketball. Never did the guard combo of Siva and Pope step in after any success by Bynum and Billups. Instead, they had to attempt to reorganize the team.

9. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I couldn't see nothing from this game, I just got home and checked the boxscore.

Man, This past 2 games were AWFUL. I'm deeply concern.

del likes this.
  10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I caught the last 6:30 or so of this one. The Pistons didn't seem to have any cohesion on either end. They didn't seem to hustle much either.

Smith got the ball stolen one play and jogged back in D looking highly annoyed that he had to run. Monroe stopped running back after he crossed half court opting to stand there instead like I would if I were playing pick up ball.

Mo Cheeks has really lit a fire under these guys.

I would start Billups at the point even if it were for just a few minutes so Bynum could come off the bench. That's who he is.

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.

linwood likes this.
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I will agree that Will is not a starting PG. But I don't think that's the issue Ernie. The first part of your post touched on it.

It's the preseason, and the fans are a lot more interested in the performances and outcomes than many of the players are. No one playing right now is likely to lose his job before camp, and the marginal guys like Jorts are probably already playing their buts off in the preseason.

The more fans get access, the more obsessed with every minor detail we seem to be. In the old days, some of the bad boys used to show up to camp overweight and spend the entire summer smoking. If Josh Smith did that today, there would be fans throwing themselves out of the nearest window.

To be honest, I am not paying much attention to the preseason. I will care when the games matter.

Nemo and round like this.
  12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Monroe, Smith, and Drummond know there is no competition for their starting spots. Hopefully, they won't be complacent when the real season begins. Sometimes, it's hard to flip the switch, as Pistons fans have witnessed all too often. All 15 rosters spots are filled. There really aren't many internal battles going on in the Detroit training camp this year.

The Cavs, on the other hand, still had 20 players listed on their roster last night. Competition breeds a sense of urgency and passion all by itself, irregardless it is competition in fighting for a starting spot, role minutes, or a chance to make the opening night roster.

raxrets likes this.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You wouldn't think that you'd be bored after a hand full of games with a new team that has a new lineup. This is what coaches are partially for.

14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Maybe it's time to let Cheeks go?

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Joe's going to ride this one out I think. At least until the next off season.

Sent from the beta version of Tapatalk 3.

16. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I wouldn't mind.

17. Ernie the Slow Adult

How long are the players going to listen to someone who wears lipstick?

They got some talent on the team, but I fear they still need a coach. Why go the retread route when a natural leader who'll command respect like Chris Jerebko is sitting out there?

linwood likes this.
  18. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I'm 90% of the way there with you, but the thing that is annoying me during this stretch of preseason games is watching Cheeks consistently running Singler out there at the two when these are the reps that should be going to KCP. Especially, if you believe that Pontif won't get these same minutes in the reg. season. I don't care if he's shooting poorly to start his NBA career. If you drafted him to fill a need at the 2, then playing a guy who's notoriously late on defense, provides very little on offense, and is picking up fouls at an alarming rate (even for the preseason) like Singler is counterproductive and a waste of what the preseason was intended for.

19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think the Pistons are bringing their young guys along slowly, and have been for some time. I don't think Pope will be starting this year, but by the end of the season, they will have played him into the rotation.

It is very rare that a rookie has an impact on a team unless it is one of the bottom 3 teams in the league.

Pwn Toney likes this.
  20. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I agree...I think my patience is just worn thin with bringing guys along slowly when we clearly have guys ahead of them that aren't getting the job done and never have been. We've been at the bottom of the East for a few seasons now and I see no reason to wait on young players. Once, we're competing for playoff spots it's a whole different ball game, but when we're bad, I see no reason to hold back.

BallDon'tLie and linwood like this.