Pistons Open Practice 2006!!!

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Sep 24, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

PISTONS: Pistons to Host Sixth Annual Open Practice in October

Who is going? Are you going to take photos and shoot some video for us?
  2. Prophecy Revealed

Prophecy Revealed First Round Draft Pick

I'd like to go but I'll be working.
  3. roscoe36

Ok, look. It's thanksgiving weekend in Canada, and the 2 hour season premiere of BattleStar Galactica.

I don't know if I can make it. Anyone going?
  4. LilWeez

LilWeez Second Round Draft Pick

I will be going. I'll take pics for everybody and I'll let everybody know how we look in our first practice. I'm very excited for this year to begin.
  5. roscoe36

That would be awesome LW. :)
  6. Jimm

Jimm Second Round Draft Pick

I'ts been such a quiet summer,look forward to hearing how the open day went.
    Thank's ( thanks in advance) LW.
  7. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i went last year but i'll probably pass this year in favor of tailgating for the MSU game.
  8. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i went to open practice. i got there real late cause i had other stuff to do. when i arrived they were doing the scrimmage. tay played quite a bit of point guard during the scrimmage this was interesting to me. i took pictures but i've been up since 5am so i dont' feel like uploading them tonight.
  9. Prophecy Revealed

Prophecy Revealed First Round Draft Pick

I heard Sheed is back to 100% and CB looks even better this year.
  10. bball jay

11. linwood

linwood All-Star

Nice photo's Jay! Thanks man.

I like your extremely biased "blackhole" captions for the Brahma. :pound:
  12. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

Bah, that's not bias, that's reality. Dude never passed last year. Maybe that changes if/when he gets regular playing time, but it's hard to argue he isn't a black hole at this point.

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing them.
  13. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Cool pics Bballjay. Although I disagree with darn near everything you say there is no denying your skills as a photographer. :) We are truely lucky to have you here Darko/Ben bias and all.
  14. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

Cool pics bball.
  15. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Excellent pics bball
  16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Some comments from some folks that went to open practice (thanks for the scoop):

Jason Maxiell- Looks great in his new body. Almost didn't recognize him at first. He's much quicker, more agile, and jumps higher. Max put on a decent show.

Nazr Muhammed- As mentioned, more of an offensive threat, good left hand, along with a respectable 10-12 foot jump shot. I'm looking forward to seeing him produce in the regular season after "Ramadon".

Carlos Delfino- Nothing surprising, we all know what he can do. He looked very confident as usual and will probably have a breakout season due to his playing time and health.

Ronald Dupree- Super Dupe put on a great show. He's improved his jump shot and will definately push Delfino to stay on top of his game. Look for Ron to be part of the 10 man rotation.

Flip Murray- I'm not going to beat him to death, I know it was just practice, but his jumper is suspect. He couldn't hit the side of a barn to save his life, though he will give us penetration to break down the defense.

Will Blalock- Definately D-League. I believe he will contribute in the future, but for now he needs alot of polishing.

The starters were as usual...solid. So, I didn't bother commenting on them. Neither invitee will make the team as said, but don't expect Amir to stay in the D league all season, he's coming along well. Delfino will not be able to relax one bit with Dupree on his heels, he's serious.

my brother went to the practice, and he said that amir looked lost... and maxiell was trying a little too hard.. he also agreed with mohammed game..

Delfino looked like he thinks he has a free ride for backing up Tay. Then Supa Dupe, did some exciting stuff, so Delfino's gonna have to watch his back.

Delfino looked bad, Dupree looked really good, Lindsey looked really good, Tayshaun looked great, seems like chauncey and rip adjusted to the ball, Nazr looked great, Davis looked old, and Flip made some nice aggressive moves even though his shot wasn't falling.

Amir was pretty quiet besides making a few nice dunks during the drills.

Tay doesn't look like he has added any muscle but he does look good and more confident offensively.

Delfino got outplayed by Dupree. He did make a couple of shots though and stuff but like I said he really got outplayed by Dupree.

Blalock didn't play much and didnt do much when he was out there. Lindsey on the other hand looked really good, I mean really good.
  17. bball jay

i'm just happy i'm able to contribute something besides extremely biased comments. lol. it seems i couldn't even keep my bias out of my photos either. jmax is the black hole but i don't think it's too much of a bad thing. if he learns to harness it he could be a beast down in the post. i got there late so i didn't see much action to comment on. i will say that right now if i was coaching fino and dupree would be getting the backup minutes at sg and sf. maybe flip murray was having an off day though so you never know.
  18. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

good job and thanks bball Jay. I kept thinking, man that black hole can really get up there.

I'm ready for the pistons storylines...it better not be how dupree, deflino, murray and amir each get 7.5 minutes. Someone's gotta step up and help us out so let em get out there.
  19. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Saw a report that Flip Jr. has blisters on his shooting hand and foot... this could be effecting his shot.... if you followed his career you'd see that his effectiveness correlates to amount of PT... so I don't think we can just bring him in for spot minutes.
  20. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Great pictures Bballjay! My favorite is the picture of Sheed and Amir. Whatever they were up to, the fans in the background are all smiling and laughing with obvious affection. That's a great shot.