1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Pistons/Magic 2nd Round Game 5, May 13th, 7:00 PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by Dlev59, May 11, 2008.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Pistons/Magic 2nd Round Game 5, May 13th, 7:00 PM

TV - TNT

Can the Pistons take care of their business and end this in five, so Billups can heal. Or, will Jameer Nelson`s guarantee come to pass and force a game six in Orlando?

2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

I think the Pistons win a tight contest. Billups will play sparingly.

Flip needs to convince these guys not to take this team lightly despite the 3-1 lead. Finish 'em off and on to the ECF.

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I think they can do it without Billups. I would take the chance and rest him if it's iffy.

4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

They definitely need to take it seriously. The games have been hard fought, and Orlando could totally steal one in Detroit if we don't watch out. With that said, I doubt the Pistons let their guard down. I say Billups will be available but will not start, and the Pistons win convincingly with strong performances from Max and Stuckey.

GO PISTONS!!!

5. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Pistons win the series in 5 after a glorious victory. They're standing tall and proud and want to make a playoff statement as they go. So it is written. So it shall be done.

6. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

The key is whether or not we have figured out their offense. Since mid-game 2, they have been able to run their offense way too smoothly. We need to pressure their guards more.

Lewis has been a problem. Sheed has slowed some with age and doesn't seem to be able to handle him outside. On the other hand, Sheed has done well with Howard.

Tay has had problems with Hedo. Hedo did a lot of damage in the 4th quarter in game 4.

Nelson only drives right yet we seem to be unable to contain his drive as we should.

Still, I think we have seen what they are about and hopefully, we can get some adjustments from this slow moving (historically) coaching staff whoever is in the game. The key is not who we play so much as to how we play.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing key defensive short stint substitutions using Afflalo and yes, even Amir. But for the limited purpose of jamming their offense up. I would like to see Theo in when Howard is out to be a shot blocking force.

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

9.2 DR, Bup-Bup very iffy. Nelson and Dooling better be careful they don't go back to Florida in a body bag.
    Stern rules of an elimination game anything can happen.
    How does this taste Or., 4 and 1, 1 and 4 ... back to the drawing board.

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I would expect Stuckey to be much more comfortable in this home game if he is asked to start again.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The questions for me are all about the Magic, not the Pistons. The Magic team hasn't shown a lot of discipline, mental toughness or focus. Faced with having to win 3 in a row, will they battle to the final buzzer, or will they roll over if they are down, early or late?

These guys don't have a lot of playoff experience. A meltdown would be appropriate.

10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Got to have much better rotations if we want to win. Use the bench. Inactivating Amir this game will be a mistake IMO, inactivate Arvis and play AA at back-up SF. He has shown the ability to guard Lewis as well.

We won despite some iffy coaching in Game 3. Go back to starting Max, and let Stuck run the pick n roll. He should be ALOT more comfortable at home.

Magic will come out like they have nothing to lose, and if they win this game, we're in trouble.

If Flip utilizes the right bench players, we should be fine. The bench has been able to lock up the Magic in the 2nd quarter. He needs to learn to sub them in the 3rd as well.

Keep fresh bodies on the floor, keep the defensive energy up, move the ball. And Rip needs to play under control again.

Also i think Tay's problems w/ Hedo have alot to do with shouldering more of the offensive load, and the insane min he's playing. If AA can guard Lewis, he can keep Turkeyglue in front of him.

11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If the Pistons don't start playing Amir and Afflalo, they will lose in the first round.

12. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

couldn't have said it better myself. i'll be at the game and hoping to see the pistons as the 1st team advance to the conference finals.

13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Um, still no play him or sit him poll on CB. :sssh:

IMO we dress Billups, but start Stuckey.... If Stuckey is suckey, then play CB sparingly and dress Hunter too for oldtimes sake. Dixon and Amir can sit.

If we are able to get a lead and maintain it without CB, then he can rest and mend until the ECF starts.

However this is a close out game and we do not need to play anymore games until the ECF. So they need to take care of business Tuesday so that Rip and Tay can get a breather too for a few days.

14. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

first round... heck they can't beat miami

15. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I don't think that the defense is an issue as much as the offense is. When they toughen up defensively, Sheed has been able to shut down Lewis (when he wanted to) and they make Howard uncomfortable, Tay can hold the fort down against Hedo. I think the key is to shut the little one up. If Pistons guards can stay in Nelson's grill for the game and make him play defense, it will be a much easier game for the whole team.

16. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Hopefully, while sitting, Billips understands what he has to do to break down their defense.

17. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

We were pretty lucky to win that game with one of our best players on the bench. I have to say I had my doubts. I thought he would have to get at least 5 seconds of of playing time.

18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

That's an excellent observation bills!

19. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is that avatar from Rufus' rookie year?

20. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

You're absolutely correct (I believe this picture was taken prior to the tracheotomy/voice-box installation that Henry had after his brief stint with the Albany Patroons of the CBA).

You REALLY know your hoops man!