Pistons/Magic 2nd Round Game 4 Sat May 10 5pm

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 8, 2008.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Good point Sloop. If Prince had missed that shot we would be all over Flip, but he made it, so it never even crossed our minds.

2. MisterZ

MisterZ First Round Draft Pick

I had to drive from Detroit to Columbus and because of crazy I-75 construction detours I missed the first 3 quarters of the game. Luckily, today was the day I reactivated my Sirius radio account for the first time in 3 years, so I got to listen to the game to pass the time driving by myself. I made it to my cousin's place just in time for the fourth quarter. Sweet game!

3. linwood

linwood All-Star

Dyess was a monster who came to win. His boards were ridiculous, and he manned up on Howard and Lewis when it counted.

Rip got what he needed for himself and also picked up what would have been Chauncey's.

Tayshaun has been unstoppable since the playoffs began. His block on Mo Evans is tied with Maxiell for Block of the Year. ( YouTube - Jason Maxiell - Block of the Year (2008) ) Evans looked around confused, and then fell on the court.

Lindsey showed dirty little Dooling why he has 3 rings.

Sheed played great defense and knocked down his shots when it counted.

Flip Saunders managed the clock and the timeouts well, and did an excellent job with the substitutions.

Chauncey did an excellent job coaching from the sidelines. He couldn't help himself!

Stuckey played big for a rookie and showed that he has heart.

The Pistons are rolling, and should be able to end this in Detroit while giving Mr. Bigshot a few more days to rest up.

I think the Pistons should let Chauncey sit one more out and see if they can finish this one up in Detroit.

4. max

max All-Star

See this is what you call stealing a game. Down 18 early in the 3rd and down again by what 3 in the final 2 mins with Tukolgu heating up, The Pistons found a way to win. Prince hitting that floater with 9 secs to go down by 1, gotta love it. Magic could not answer. That game had to be so deflaiting for them, even the crowd seemed to just sit there after the game wondering how they lost.

Big game by Rip. Someone had to step in and pick up the slack and that guy was Rip as he spurred on the Pistons all game, especially in the 2nd half. He totally abused whoever they threw on him. Boggans grabbed a tech in the 4th as he threw Rip in frusteration. Not to rag on the Magic but they do have a few immature guys who do take cheap shots. They keep talking about how physical we are and yet they are ones getting the flagrant fouls. Kind of cheap shot team in a way. Hunter stepped up pretty big helping out Stucky, coule of plays where Nelson blew by him a little to easily but Hunter was solid overall.

Anyway. Would have been nice to see Amir play as I think he could have helped out there but you can't complain about a playoff win in any shape or form.

Final note - Why couldn't Mo Evans have played like that when we had him?

5. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

Most of Piston's FANS are fans of defense rather than offense. count me in as well. Even coaches who are known for their offense could tell you that defense won us game 4. However, we keep AA out of the rotation. Even though a rookie, and might choke in this game, we could have had him play in the second quarter. Things could not go worse anyway.

Yes we won this game, but flip is still playing not to lose rather than playing for the win. I think the win had more to do with the players rather than the coach.

45 min for tay, 43 for rip and 41 for sheed. I thought Flip said he learnt the lesson from last year. or should i say last two years.

6. adonis

I will add, Max played 15 minutes. His stats were almost zero in all categories (one rebound) but is +7 and he was in during the major 15-0 run. Reminds me of Big Ben.

7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And don't forget that crushing pick Sheed set to free Prince up for the last shot.

I also looked at the last play a couple of times - yes, Max's foot was in the restricted area when there was contact with Turk, but the ball was already gone when they collided. Can't call that on a last second play.

8. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Even in routed game none of C's big three played less than 37 min. In PO 40 mins have always been normal mins for starters.

Bulls MJ starting ćrew played 40 mins per game some 10 consecutive years in POs. No problem for them. I'm answering only cuz this "tired" topic is really tired.

9. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Too funny!!

10. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

11. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Lindsey "8 Belles" Hunter really sparked the team. I felt it was a great win.

12. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Not taking anything away for this incredible win, however, Flip needs to find a way to incorporate Amir and Afflalo into the lineup.

Look at all the favorable matchups if these two were allowed to play. I agree with someone who said that Amir would match up well with Lewis, possible slowing him down, what Amir loses in footspeed, he will make up in rebounding ability and certainly take Lewis to task whenever he drifts back out there on the three point line.

Afflalo, needs minutes. We will need these two bodies ready once we win this thing and face either Cleveland or Boston.

Since Boston cannot win on the road, we need to be able to play our arses off at the Garden. Please Flip, we need AJ and AA ready.

13. adonis

Even if it is ok in the playoffs, why play Tay 45 min if we can give him at least five minutes by subbing AA in

14. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Because we needed him.

And we've got 2 full days off in between games.

He'll be fine.

It's not like we are doing back to backs or 4 out of 5's right now.

We're doing 3 out of 7's.

15. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Hunter's jump on Nelson was classic, our good ole pit bull.

I watched Hunter's game with lots of emotion, keeping sharp and focus day in / day out and gives out all he has at the first step into the court whenever his number is call, dude has inspired me profoundly at very stretch of a carrer. LH my man.

16. DirtyMoney

The game was a real nail biter. the end result was a win. Does flip need to find someone who can spell tay?? Yes. But this was a tight game. In tight games expect clutch players to play clutch minutes.

17. DirtyMoney

I loved that hunter play as well as when Dice body slammed Howard. It was wonderful.

18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

When asked about it, Dice was like i threw him down get it right. He said Dho was trying to intimidate him and if he was going down, Dwight was coming with him. :pound:

As for Tay, 5-10 min of AA could definately help. With Tay one thing usually goes when he exerts himself; the offense or defense. We need both.

Hedo was blowing by him at times in the 4th. We need to have a permanent, dependable back-up SF, and Arvis doesn't fit the bill.

19. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Game started too early for me over here (5am instead of 5pm, 12 hrs time difference). Tried to get up after the alarm sounded but slept on. By the time i woke up, it's already 6 which incidentally was almost halftime. Since there is nothing to watch at this time, I could have went back to sleep and miss the entire game. Fortunately, we have CHAT over here that kept me awake.

Things did not look good at the start of the quarter til we pounded the ball inside to our bigs, started with Dice over Turk and Sheed took over from there. Lindsey came in after Stuck got his 4th foul. After Lindsey was called for a foul which he thought was lame, Lindsey put on his WARFACE. And so did Scoe, Dre and etc in CHAT. That subsequently followed by the jumpball situation between Lindsey and Nelson. And the rest like they say, is history.

I thought we could have won this game by more points if we continued pounding the ball inside. Our bigs can definitely post Turk or Lewis inside. Even Sheed bullied Howard inside a bit.

Player of The Game = Tay (since he made the winning hoop, got to give it to him instead of Rip)

Unsung Hero of The Game = Dice (that 14 boards esp the last 2 offensive rebound was HUGE and the WWE move on Howard was AWESOME)

This is the kind of basketball which is DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!

20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

JZchen, what do you know about that cyclone ? Did you say the chatters weren't crying like little babies while the Pistons were down?
    -
    Wood, is Dooling a punk or what? He got so frustated he tried to snatch off Rips mask. That Maxi clip was on a Hornet not KG.
    -
    Our team is better than Or. VanGuns knows this. Stern knows this. That's why we get the calls. Maqic announcers were like, if the foul is on 2 Pistons put it on Sheed. Foul him out.:)