1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Pistons/Magic 2nd Round Game 4 Sat May 10 5pm

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 8, 2008.

1. max

max All-Star

Pistons/Magic 2nd Round Game 4 Sat May 10 5PM

tv: ESPN

Someone linked something in the game 3 thread about Flip saying that he will announce Billups status 1 hour before the game. So we will see.

I believe in Rodney Stucky.

2. max

max All-Star

My pick: Pistons 94 Magic 87

3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I will be sending Flip mind signals to play Amir, take Sheed off Lewis all game, play AA, stop Rip from ball-hogging and other general b-ball stuff.

Hopefully, he has good service.

4. max

max All-Star

If you think about it, who could guard Amir if he was allowed to work in the post? I know he is raw but he can put up a lot of points. Maybe even get Howard in foul trouble as he would have to help out.

Assuming Billups can't go I would like to see Dixon activated, who knows maybe he will get hot.

At any rate. Orlando can't possibly shoot near 50% in 3's again.

5. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

If he gets to play, Dixon will at least win one game for the pistons.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Dixon's my choice to back up Stuckey.

Never have I heard Billups name mentioned so much in a game that he wasn't playing in (Spurs-Hornets) . You would have thought he was the MVP....or some thing:)

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Actually, if Dixon played, it would make sense to start him in this series. This puts Dixon guarding Nelson, and Stuckey guarding the taller Dooling when he spells Nelson. (Arroyo has been playing due to an injury for Dooling, but Dooling is back now.)

Note, Dixon starting would not mean Dixon plays more than Stuckey, Stuckey could come in quite early and beat up on Nelson some before Nelson sits.

Also, please note, I don't think playing Dixon would help us near as much as playing Afflalo more. Between Afflalo, Tay, Rip, and Stuckey, we do have enough guards.

8. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I say sit Billups down for game 4 regardless. he needs to be absolutely healed. Also trust that Flip makes the right moves. He will... Pistons 106 - Magic 94.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

10. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Hedo bit is great.

12. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Billups won't be absolutely healed until the offseason. These are the questions that need to be asked:

1. Can he be effective at all and help the team win? If not, don't play him. Gotta put the best team out there. Or at least the team that gives you the best chance to win.

2. Can he hurt his hamstring worse if he plays, thus, jeopardizing him playing in the ECF, if the Pistons get there? Tough call here. Kander would know this. A lot of pressure on Kander to get him ready. Hopefully, Arnie will have the ballz to say he shouldn't play if that's how he really feels.

I don't think he will play, and if he does, he won't be effective and will play only sparingly. But he is much better at running the offense than Stuckey, who is not an NBA point guard yet. Stuck is a poor man's D-Wade. He needs to get the ball where he can take it to the hole -- not at the top of the key.

And for mercy's sake, keep the ball out of Rip's hands unless it's a jump and shoot!

13. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I'm sure that he'll start by rubbing the cucumber/mango/papaya paste combined with essential oils from pine, peppermint, arachis, wheatgerm, almond and grapeseed on there. Probably bust the magnets out and do some magnet therapy. Top it off with a wrap containing natural rare earth elements on the periodic table that have been used in Japan and Asia for generations to relieve the pain and inflammation...

14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The papers make it sound like the team thinks Billups can play but he isn't so sure. I think other players on the team would have tried to play last game when it happened. I guess that is life when you are a power PG who averages .75 rebounds per game.

These long layoffs after losses kill me. Every team I watch seems miles better than DET. It is absurd how much better SA's offense is and BOS bench is than DET's.

The papers also say that Flip is leaning towards Hunter as the backup PG. Offensive woes are gone!

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That is probably just a ploy to make Orlando feel like they don't need to prepare for the game.

16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

With Billups injured, can Flip afford to make the same mistake again?

We should be activating Hunter AND Dixon. Anything happens to stuckey or his backup, we need a 3rd PG.

In my mind, Amir is out with CB and Samb. You can't take out Jarvis because he's the backup SF, and you can't takeout Hermann because he backs up the bigs.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What if we disactivated Samb, Chauncey, and Flip?

Make Lindsey coach and go from there.

18. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I'd much rather see Hunter active. These guys HAVE to keep the dribble penetration to a minimum and Dixon hasn't been known for denying anybody anything.

Everytime ORL takes a 3, there's a Pistons no closer than 8-10 feet running like he missed the bus, waving his arms and hoping they miss....not really a sound defensive strategy if you ask me.

19. max

max All-Star

A lot of this positive spin on the injury could be for Orlando. So we can assume that either Billups is not going to play or that he is not going to be playing at 100% which means that other players are going to have to step up.

I would like to see both Hunter and Dixon activated. Maybe Hunter has another great game in him or maybe Dixon will get hot. Its going to be up to Flip to start pushing buttons out there until something clicks. The Pistons can still win without Billups as long as Prince and Rip step in to pick up the slack. They both can be and have been good ball distributors. It does not have to be all on Stucky to pick up the slack.

Good news is the Pistons are up 2-1 so if they dig down and pull this one out its going to put us at a huge advantage up 3-1.

20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I forgot that they'd be deactivitng CB if/when he can't go. I agree 100% that you need both Hunter and Dixon.

I am not sure about Hayes. What is the point of playing him if you can't get him the ball where he needs it. They can't get him any open shots. Maybe they should bite the bullet and try AA at the SF. Then they can keep Amir active.

I would also like to point out a H-U-G-E blunder by Dumars and co. coming to light in this series. How much would Primoz Brezac be helping right now? The series would be over by now........