Pistons/Magic 2nd Round Game 3 Wed May 7 8PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 6, 2008.

1. max

max All-Star

Pistons/Magic 2nd Round Game 3 Wed May 7 8PM

tv: TNT

Series moves to Orlando with the Pistons up 2-0.
  2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Pistons can really put Orlando into the corner if they can win that game. Hopefully they are on their "good" game habits and won't have a letdown. It helps that media adds fuel to their fire by saying that they won the game because of the officials gaffe.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

By my calculations, the Pistons and Red Wings have won 11 straight playoff games. If the odds of winning each game is 1 in 2, then the odds of this happening is 1 in 2,064 I believe.

The good times can't last forever. I'm fearing fear itself.
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I really really really hope they win, and not just because they're the Pistons, but ORL is pissing me off w/ all their whining.

Stan Van Gundy has apparently rubbed off on them (or were they always this intolerable and i never noticed) ?

Beat them by 1, 7, 65, i don't care. We just need to win.
  5. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Do not blame orl for whining: I do not want event to think of what could happen here if pistons would be in 0-2 position.

Just do not fool yourself here: instead of orlando (fans) you would do same thing.
  6. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I'll do it now. Damn your hypothesis! :pound:

These games are irrelevant as long as Detroit advances.

Pistons lose next round and all is for naught. Team should get busted up 6 ways from Sunday.

Flip should be put on the first thing smoking, and it should be rigged to explode the second it is out of city limits just to make sure he doesn't come back.

More Afflalo, Less Rip and Tay. More Amir, less McDyess and Sheed.

Hunter should be forced into retirement tomorrow. Dixon should be dropped off in the woods.

Sheed should be fitted with a shock-tether that goes ape-(crap) whenever he strays too far from the post.

Stuckey needs to shoot more. Chauncey needs to shoot less.

McDyess should have been traded to the Spurs, and after they won the championship his new nickname could have been "SanAntonio McDyess".

Hermanns next stint of PT should be to start a fistfight with round 3's best guy.

More Samb, less Hayes.

More Hayes, less Potpie.

Billups, Amir, Maxiel....36/24/36

that is all. :)
  7. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I need a plate of Spaghetti and some garlic breath, to go with all this whine.
  8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

They were probably always like this. There just wasn't any reason to pay attention before.

And Van Gundy... Who wears a short sleeve shirt with a suit anyway? No wonder Riley fired him. He's just sartorially unpleasant.
  9. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

This just might be the most outstanding post in the entire history of sports related forums! :good:
  10. mikhail1973

DETNEWS | Weblog | Pistons Blog

Even McCoskey noticed.
    :hoops:
  11. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

I'm unsure what to think other than 'split' in Orlando.

No way is our bench going to play half as well on the road as they did @ home. Max has been amazing.

But Orlando is also probably not going to get that many FT attempts and Rip will likely play a hell of a lot better than he did the first 43:00 mins of game 2.

Game 2 was absolutely over early by the early 3rd if Rip is hitting his J's.
  12. mikhail1973

It is difficult to say. If Pistons can step on the Orlando's neck and pull out a W in game 3, then I think it should be over quickly, since Orlando's spirits will be broken. A lot depends on how the contact on Howard will be called.
    Also, our bench mainly played a defensive part in the 2nd game. Their offense was just a small part of their performance, so I would expect them not to be any worse playing on the road, as long as they stick to their defensive principles. Don't know if Max can go 5-5 again, but if he's at around 50% shooting, I think Pistons will take it. And he will be active, that's what he does.
  13. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

or if orlando only hits 50 percent of there 3's.... rooting for a 50 percent shooting... but if thats all they hit were still up 10 after 3.

i like where were sitting... and i hope orlando talks alot today and tommorrow to help us keep focus.
  14. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nelson and Evans get ten boards between them in game 2 and that gets them running and that gets them threes in rhythm. Take away the boards from the guards and you take away a significant part of their offense. Even if Howard gets them all instead, you will have forced passes in the backcourt and you will have forced the Orlando offense into half court sets that they don't seem to be able to execute worth a darn.

My two cents... :)
  15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's not the general whining. It's the damn whining about the shot clock. If the Pistons were on that side i would be a/talking about that stupid 3 pointer a player took (We all know it would be Sheed or Chaunce), b/ talking about our 60 turnovers c/ wonder why Chauncey is fouling off the damn ball and d/ live by the three, die by the three, and e/ injure myself somehow in frustration (or injure my remote).

I won't be sitting here saying we got robbed b/c of a shot at the end of the third quarter.

I have respect for Howard. He's the one person who was like we lost b/c of turnovers. We had the whole 4th quarter. That play didn't decide the game.
  16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Good point
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

About the clock issue.

It is my understanding that the refs strictly followed the rules to make their determination. They didn't have the option to take points off the board and replay the 5 seconds. All they had leeway on was determining how much time should be left on the clock. Their options were anywhere between 0.1 seconds and 5.2 seconds. The more time they chose to leave on the clock, the more it would benefit Orlando. If they thought that the play took 10 seconds, then they would have to leave .1 on the clock, right?

I didn't hear many Orlando fans complaining about this rule before last night. Like most issues, nobody cares until it directly affects them.
  18. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Anyone else remember a similar play that happened to the Pistons late this season? I don't remember which game it was, but there was a play where the Pistons were inbounding with about 5 seconds on the shot clock, and somehow the shot clock started about 2 seconds before they got it inbounds. The Pistons were confused and didn't get a shot off in time, and they immediately pointed out to the refs that the clock had malfunctioned. The refs UPHELD THE TURNOVER, which was absurd, but maybe it's the same rule. Obviously the rule should change; they should have put 5 seconds back on the shot clock in that case, and last night, they should have just given the Pistons the ball out of bounds again with 5.1 sec back on the clock.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I do remember that play. It sucked for us. The extreme example would be if the play clock started before the ball was inbounded and the buzzer actually went off before the ball was put in play. It would be ludicrous to let that play stand.

The NBA should probably visit this issue in the off season and come up with a fair solution. It is a difficult problem to solve, because there are so many what-have-yous.

Orlando got to see our play. What would have happened if they would have stolen the ball and made a shot themselves? Maybe if the clock would have been working properly, the Pistons would have shot the ball more quickly. Etc, etc.

If the clock starts too early, it is even more problematic. Players will freak out and shoot the ball wildly as they will be surprised when they glance at the clock.

It's giving me a headache thinking about this.
  20. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I think the only fair solution is a do-over. Reset the clock to what it was before the ball was inbounded.