Pistons @ Heat Nov 30th

Discussion in 'November 2006' started by roscoe36, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

As a person tagged as a Flip-hater, I have to say that this was a great job. He said this was the game plan. They executed it. They won. I don't mind not seeing my pet player in the second half as the starters were on a roll in a crucial moment. Flip M. did a very good job.
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hate is the path...
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Darthifying the board wasn't that hard the first time....DARTH SPROCKET! :darthvader: :nod:
  4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well I was torn. I try not to hate, but I really don't like sitting around in swamps either.

motown suggested r2dba2 but I resisted.
  5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

A lil Flip luv?
    OOps, musta landed in the wrong forum... now where did that damn PF go?
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It takes the average fan 3 months to come around on a dramatic opinion shift. We should be approaching the point of reasonability by January. :)
  7. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Still not a buyer of Flip, we haven't beaten a team with a winning record during the streak, his rotations are driving me crazy, and his refusal to change anything from last year, or even learn anything from last year make me want to scream.

My 2 cents:
    Murray did look good, only a couple of blackhole moments, LH is fine as long as he doesn't shoot, and I don't know why Saunders doesn't let Delfino run with the small ball unit, every now and then, instead of Murray.

BTW, Murray and Delfino played well together. For whatever reason, Hunter and CB continue to look off Delfino. CB I understand, he won't pass it to Murray, either, but Hunter shouldn't be looking off anyone.

Darko showed the way, not let's free Brahma, Blaylock, and Amir!
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

PopcornMachine's GameFlow - Detroit @ Miami

Since I've been posting the gameflows on the Magic games, it is only fair that I take a look at the Stones Flow.

First of all, if you look at Miami, the numbers tell us what we already know, Walker and Kopono got torched while Mourning was their most effective player.

The Piston's side of the equation is a little more complicated since the starters didn't comingle with bench to give different combinations. Still, of the starters, Prince looks like he was most valuable.

And of course, the bench outplayed the starters with Dyess and Flip Murray proving to be the keys.

Also, if you look at the box score tab, Rip was the most efficient and Sheed provided the most help (hv). Somehow, Delfino looks like he gave the highest production value... although I don't see how that's possible... or how it's calculated.
  9. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I'm confused. If I'm reading this correctly it says that as a whole the starters had a negative effect on the game versus the reserves. The reserves played well, but not that well.

Right now, the only popcorn making sense to me is Orville Redenbacher.
  10. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

That's the average fan....
  11. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

...and in what universe/dimension/realm do you anticipate Flip spending any time focusing on these defensive lapses?
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Since our starters played primarily against the Heat starters, it is telling us that our starters gotted outplayed by theirs. However, our bench was way better than their bench.

Our starting 5 was down 12 points in the first quarter at one point. McDyess and company brought us back and made it close again. Then the abuse on Kopono and Walker began.
  13. MotownPride

Oh, I see.

Thanks TaShawn. :)
  14. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'm not going to sing Flip's praises based on a few wins strung together, but it is always encouraging to beat Miami, for what it is worth.

What's it worth? Well, it takes a certain amount of wins to get into the playoffs. If we get there with Flip and the team does "well" (definition TBD) in the playoffs, I believe most of us will be very happy to change our tune.

Personally, I gave him the benefit of the doubt last year when he took the job. This year, I strongly doubt him, so now he can earn my confidence back.

Seems fair to me.
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

He's already been quick with the hook when $30 mill is struggling. That's why Dale Davis is getting some burn and looking good in the paint.

He's played Lindsey when Delf or Murray have not been able to stay in front of their man.

If the Pistons continue to make key stops like they did yesterday, will you come around?
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Did you guys notice when TNT put up the stats comparing our numbers to last year's numbers?

It was incredibly consistent. 11.9 offensive rebounds per game is the same as last year for example. I think their point was that the Pistons have been covering for Ben's absence on a statistical basis.

I don't remember everything they showed, but it was almost convincing.
  17. MotownPride

Jury's still out on Flip, but credit needs to be given when he coaches well. That's all.