Pistons Camp notes

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Oct 4, 2006.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Thu, Oct 5, 2006 at 5:14 PM
    Chris McCosky Blog
    BAITING BIG BEN

DETNEWS | Weblog | Pistons

2. linwood

linwood All-Star

B.S. The game hasn't changed alot. The Heat played defense. Shaq won his fourth ring. Riley lead the team like Noah on his way to the promised land. Same old players, same old game.

3. Maverick

Maverick First Round Draft Pick

lol .. the only that changed is that were not allowed to play defense against certain players(wade cough)

when we won the ship there was no such star treatment

4. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

We didn't play anyone who deserved star treatment until the finals, when we should have learned the lesson that the calls go to the aggressors.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

6. hack

beard suits tay.

7. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

McCosky says
    Yeah right. The Bulls just spent $60M on a dude they're going to sit in crunch time. Someone needs to tell McCosky that bball jay appears to have hacked into his blog.

8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

LOL @ the pic descriptions :^@

9. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

10. roscoe36

Cowens was a 6'9" player. Tay is also listed at 6'9".

I'm guessing Maxiell is at least an inch and a half taller than Rip based on the perspective of that photo...

11. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

'If you're going to work with just a saw, you're doin your thing.'

12. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Ok lay down the hate on me guys but this makes me want to retch. Is it a proven fact? Who beat miami? last time I checked, it was US and WITH Ben Wallace. Is it a proven fact? How do we know? Nobody beat Miami this year. And who DOES have a center that can score on shaq?

13. roscoe36

Flip Saunders says a lot of really dumb things. That is one of them.

14. linwood

linwood All-Star

LMAO! :pound:

15. linwood

linwood All-Star

It just seems to get worse. I have lost almost all respect for the guy. :blah:<----Flip.

Here's a Flip quote from the Cleveland series:

"In a pressure situation, you do what you do best, and for us, that's defending," Pistons coach Flip Saunders said. "We locked down."

The 61 points was the lowest mark in a Game 7 in NBA history and the third-lowest total all-time.

Seems like the Pistons trademark D was "what we do best", not scoring on Shaq.

16. hack

Flip said that? How dare he in any way associate himself with what he destroyed!?!?!

17. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

** LINK **

Friday, October 06, 2006

Mlive Blakely Weblog

18. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

I think Ben is apprehensive about starting the season with a new team and a new coach and is trying to convince himself that he made the right choice in deciding to jump ship. The Pistons were pretty good about not airing their differences in the press which is really a benefit. Witness the soap opera with the Knicks last year. And if Ben liked LB so much, why did he say last year that when he heard Brown yelling it took him a few minutes to realize that Brown wasn't yelling at them. Ben blaming the coach for driving him away will make whatever happens with the Bulls, not Ben's fault. So if things don't work out really well in Chicago, then Ben can blame us for forcing him out. It's kind of like LB extracting the 7mil from us and saying he was fired, when he really wanted out and the 10mil a year contract. Human nature allows us to justify many of our own actions to ourselves. But I do think that if Ben is still that insensed about sitting out a quarter in the playoffs, that he may benefit from counseling to help him learn to handle these kind of disappointments. It is okay to rebel against authority but in a team situation ithat can be a disaster. The one thing that was a Pistons advantage was the unselfishness of our players and being on the same page. Last season it appears that Ben got on the "me first" page and couldn't get back to the team page. And it looks like all the great support that Ben got from the fans here, meant nothing to him.

19. linwood

linwood All-Star

20. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Completely disagree with you.

Ben expressed that he was comfortable about his decision and originally did not give in to any of the commentary we were hearing from the local Detroit newspapers. It wasn't until Flip (not the rest of the Pistons organization) decided to directly tie the teams premature exit to Ben's play that he went off. Ben had an entire summer to talk ill of Flip and he didn't. I think what is again being lost in the translation is that Ben voiced how much he respected the other coaches even though he disagreed with them. Its not unusual for a player to disagree with a coach's philosophy. The difference with Flip is that Ben saw his inability to address his concerns and take control of the team as a weakness. He couldn't respect him and I think that feeling was not an exclusive one. Where I can see the temptation of painting Ben as an insecure player that morphed into a spoiled unyielding personality once 60 mill was put on the table...I don't buy it. Not knowing Ben personally, I can only draw my conclusion based on the attitude I saw during his tenure as a Piston. Based on that, I personally can excuse his lapse of judgement during the Orlando game last year and give him the benefit of the doubt. I think the most telling story will be how many players come to Flip's defense. If we hear nothing but silence from the players, it lets me know that Ben's opinions are most likely shared with other Pistons personnel.