Pistons At Heat ~ February 12th, 2006

Discussion in 'February 2006 Games' started by Superstarov, Oct 2, 2005.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

don't you remember him dunking in the 04 finals? i think flip should have used that timeout earlier to settle the game down. sure we wouldn't have a timeout for a last second play, but with a 13 point lead i don't think that would have happened. shaq gets away with too much inside, and i don't know how the pistons will get those calls. the downhill play for the pistons was when ben hustled down an offensive rebound and chauncey wasn't looking when he threw it to him. that 3 by tayhsaun looked good. when he plays bad pistons lose. lets hope the pistons have good luck tommorow, it's rip's birthday, and i hope this team plays to it's potential and goes on another huge winning streak. here's something to think about, piston fans are not feeling godd, and this is the worst we've seen the pistons play this season, and in these games where they have played bad they are still at 50% (4-4). san antonio is only 1 game behind us, and could inch closer to the pistons today with a win over the cavs. for the pistons to win tommorow tayshaun needs to play good.
  2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

hmm...you might be right. I kinda remember some bet with Rip too about him getting a dunk in a game. I don't think that was a two handed dunk though. I think it was a Joe Dumars-esque dunk where it was kinda questionable looking. Could be wrong though... :confused:
  3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Looked to me like the ref was already moving the whistle towards his mouth to tee him up for hanging on the rim. Then he saw the wide eyed look on CB's face and realized he didn't know how to get down so he let it go.
  4. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Well, I'm not usually one too get overly excited about regular-season losses, but this one has me a bit disappointed. Not because I'm worried about Miami catching us, and not even because SA picked up another game on us. It has more to do with the fact that I think we missed a chance at dealing Miami a major psychological blow. I don't think we're a lot worse off for the loss, but I do think the Heat are much better off for the win. Three quarters of really outstanding basketball wiped out by a lousy last quarter.

On the last play, Tay actually played Wade as well as possible. What had me a bit annoyed is that Wade should never have shot the ball. I was shouting at my television screen that you have to take the ball out of his hands there. A high double, whatever. You can't let the star beat you. Make Haslem hit a jumper. Hopefully Flip learned something from this.

My other issue (like many on this board) is for about the last half of the fourth quarter we should have been throwing the ball to 'Sheed in the post. Neither Haslem nor Walker has any chance against him down there. The other thing I would like to see is, when Dyess and 'Sheed are in the game together, to take more advantage of Shaq's unwillingness to leave the paint.

I am with everyone else on Delfino. I was one of the most vocal critics of him last year, but he is proving me wrong. After watching him play Pierce, Kobe, and now Wade, I'm convinced that the guy is the real deal defensively. I'm not ready to put him on the all-defensive team, but he's physical and also fundamentally very good. He's not afraid to get right up into a guy, a little bit like Hunter. In fact, the bench made a very solid contribution in general.

Well, we'll see what happens from here on out, but I think we gave Miami a breath of life.
  5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Thanks Bruddah slip...much luv 2 ya. I think these were the most accurate and passionate posts I've seen this season. keep it up, my bruddahs. StoneNation is upset!!!

Big loss tonight in Cleveland...The Boy King went off for 44!! WOW...my bruddah!

hope...fully. my Bruddah! I am seriously wondering IF HE IS a palyoff coach. Could BroMicro have been right all....this...time..?...:frusty: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:laugh:
  6. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

Yep. Great post; all excellent points.
  7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Also agree with Tbird... I was thinking that a Miami loss would have forced Riley to make some trades from a weak position.
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

yep, i watched that game.
  9. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

BRUDDAH, it's all your fault, you promised to get your azz in the chat, lol.[​IMG] Now, the Stones are 9-9 when you are not in the chat. I put the loss on you instead of Flip, lol :laugh:

Now back to the game, the way the Pistons have been playing lately really breaks my heart. The loss at home to Jazz, the loss to Nets at Jersey, the loss to Hawks at Atlanta, the loss to Pacers at Indiana and now the loss to the Heat at Miami. This 5 losses was especially heartbreaking. What happen to 'DETROIT BASKETBALL'? Bring it back, Joe. We need you to get into Flip's ears and tell him to play D. If Flip has no control over the starters like what other posters presume, maybe we need to get another coach. Where's the DEFENSE?

I believe that other than the Mavs game at Dallas, all 8 losses were lost by bad coaching and NO DEFENSE! A team of almost 5 All Stars losing to a team of 2 All Stars. Doesn't really matter if the 2 All Stars are starters. They are only 2 individuals. Miami strategy against us this season is pretty simple, Shaq to dominate the 1st half and Wade to finish the game in the 4th. Flip and his assistants got to recognize this. Shaq ain't gonna play the full game like he did in the 1st half against us cuz he has already worn out by the then. Why our bigs of Big Ben, Sheed and Dice has only 11 fouls the entire game? Who and why are they saving all the fouls for? And yes, Davis has 6 fouls to give as well. Sometimes, we need Shaq to earn it at the free throw line.

Delfino played 13 min the entire game and during the 13 min, Wade did not make a single FG. If i'm not wrong, he were 0-6. How can he go 7-7 in the 4th? Yes, I agreed Wade made a difficult shot to win the game but what about the previous 6 shots?

We don't necessary need to upgrade our bench in my view. Either Flip has to go or play the bench, plain simple. The bench came in and did a good job for us in the 2nd and why Flip did not go to them and the end of the 3rd and the beginning of the 4th really amazes me. Stick to what's working in the game, Flip. If the starters not getting the job done in that particular game, use the bench. Every stars has their off nite and I think our starters understand that and if they don't, they don't deserve to be a PISTON. The bench is good enough to support our starters to win the Championship this year. I really believe so if Flip play them more. I also believe if Hunter is back and play the way he did 2 years ago, he and Delfino may cause some havoc to the opposite guards like Hunter and James used to. Even Davis is makin all his FTs recently, which is a big surprise.

If our starters is really that good, it would not hurt to play the bench more including Darko and Jmax, especially if we are up by 10+ pts in the 2nd quarter and towards the end of the 3rd. If the sucks, starters can always come back into the game and win the game for us.

Flip, playing 5 All Stars for 40 min almost every game will not make you a great coach. Even a high school coach can do that.

Sorry guys, I'm really frustrated. And Bruddah HQ, get your azz in the CHAT!!! :nod: