Pistons At Heat ~ April 6th, 2006

Discussion in 'April 2006 Games' started by Superstarov, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Detroit Pistons at Miami Heat
    Thursday April 6th, 2006 ~ 8:00pm
    American Airlines Arena, Miami, FL

TV: TNT (Canada: RNBATV, RNBATVHD)

Radio: WDFN

Probable Starting Lineups

Your Detroit Pistons

[table=600][tr=tcat][td]Ben Wallace[/td][td]Rasheed Wallace[/td][td]Tayshaun Prince[/td][td]Rip Hamilton[/td][td]Chauncey Billups[/td][/tr][tr=alt1][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

The Miami Heat (boo, hiss)

[table=600][tr=tcat][td]Shaquille O'Neal[/td][td]Udonis Haslem[/td][td]Antoine Walker[/td][td]Dwyane Wade[/td][td]Gary Payton[/td][/tr][tr=alt1][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

~Tale of the Tape~

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GUESS THE SCORE!!

Your Comments??
    ~

2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Ah, this is shaping up for a good one. The cliches will be many, "this one means more to the Heat than the Pistons", "This is a statement game", "This is a preview OF THE ECF", somebody better tell the Nets about that last one.

Sheed will be back and rested, I want him to misuse and abuse Haslem down low. Flip can you please put Delfino on Wade, just for a few possessions, please? CB, if you happen to find J-Will on you I would appreciate it if you back his ass up, and 1, if you know what I mean.

The ref`s didn`t allow Shaq to pummel his defender with his elbows the other night against NJ, let`s see what happens against Ben, Dyess, DD, Cato, or whichever Piston guards him.

One thing is certain, a slow start in Miami would almost guarantee the 15th loss for the Pistons. The 1st quarter might determine who wins this one.

The score:

Detroit Pistons 89

Miami Heat 87
  3. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

Ehh. . Pistons'll win. It'll be close. If they lose, I'm going to be uber angry. Charley Rosen'll head an article titled 'HEAT Dominate Pistons. Pistons have no chance in the playoffs. Why does Ben even bother covering Shaq? I have a man-crush on D-Wade. I know everything about basketball.' I hate Rosen.
  4. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

How would Doug Collins phrase this?
    Kelvin Cato's first game of the season?
  5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

This is a game of cat n mouse....
    Don't give them anything new to prepare for down the road.

Now that the Nets are getting close to the Heat we could see their best effort.

We really should activate Cato to see if he can do anything with Shaq... that's gotta suck being on the last year of his contract and not playing.

Without Zo this team has very little interior defense for our cutters.

It was interesting listening to Hammond talk about it being a mistake putting Tay on D Wade... can Rip match the effort from the last game on him?

All I really care about is no injuries for this game.... we can run the table after this.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

AHB, Collins did say that, right? Funny. Almost sounds like Walton creaming over a big.
    Ps 95
    Hs 90
    Eat S. and die, Riley.
  7. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

No, that was actually Walton describing Wade during the last loss to the Pistons. Maybe he woulda said Ben Wallace, but none of Michelangelo's surviving works feature an afro.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm pretty sure that Michaelangelo intended an afro for the Bacchus carving, his bohemian tribute to CRUNK Roman Street Art, but probably caved in to traditional pressure to carve wine grapes into this statue's hair.

It was a commisioned piece after all.
  9. roscoe36

Bump for stats update in first post.
  10. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

This should be a good one need some playoff type intensity here. Hopefully it will be called like when they played the Nets but don't be suprised when you see Shaq's elbow bulging out of Ben's back, offensive foul or not.
  11. V!et

V!et First Round Draft Pick

Since this game is at Miami, it might be hard to evaluate what the outcome of the game would be…

But then again, it’s Detroit. =P

Detroit 95

Miami: 87

Also, I really hope we don't tire ourselves to much, it'd be an embarrassment to lose to Lee’s Poster Child.
  12. roscoe36

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

95 is my number V!et. You gotta get in sooner.
    I hit the Hornet number on the knob and didn't get no love. Ps 101.
  14. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

All I care about is health. Spurs lost tonight, so this one is far from a must-win.
  15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Word is JWill is out until the playoffs (per Riley)... he's got tendenitis on the knee.
  16. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

When the Pistons have a big game these threads come alive. What I want to see in this game is the mettle the the Pistons show on other teams home court. I think this game will be a back and forth game and if Miami does play without Williams, Posey and Mourning then the Pistons should win.

If thi game is played within the 80's the Pistons will win, if they let Miami hit high % shots than Miami will pull out a close game. I look for this game to be at the Pistons pace tonight.

Pistons 91 Heat 84
  17. roscoe36

18. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I think the Pistons should offer a friendly pre-game handshake to Wade, only to gang up on him and hit him "in those bad ribs" with one of the Roscoe championship belts. Then the Miami bench can tape him up to play, so the announcers can talk about how heroic he is while Detroit delivers withering body shots all game long.

Then he'll miss the final game-tying shot because he's just too worn down, and the Pistons will again punk him with a terrible beatdown until Bill Walton jumps over the announcer's table to rescue him ... at which point they start working Walton over, leaving Flash and his man-crush at halfcourt sprawled out against the Heat's stupid logo.

Just a suggestion.
  19. BigDaddy

BigDaddy First Round Draft Pick

The Heat deserved to lose especially because of those butt-ugly uniforms.Just terrible.Nice scoring from Delk off the bench, disappointed to not see Delfino though.Good win, nice intensity.Playoffs are coming are you ready?!?
  20. max

max All-Star