Pistons at Celtics - Novermber 3rd 2006 - 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'November 2006' started by max, Nov 3, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

Nov 3 7:30PM Detroit at Boston

Alright lets put that last game behind us.

Around this time last year is when the Pistons went into Boston on a Friday night and escaped with a win on a last sec shot by Rip. That win set off a very nice winning streak for the team so lets hope for more early season magic. Hopefully not as close though.

It is Boston where the Pistons always seem to have trouble but this years Celts are in rebuilding mode so we will see.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Pistons vs. the Celts.

7:30 PM EST

TV: FSN Detroit, NBA League Pass

Radio: WDFN 1130 AM

Find below, a picture of a Celtic fan and his mom, bless her "working girl" soul.

[​IMG]

3. linwood

linwood All-Star

Posts like that could get us Celtics Trolls. That could be fun.
    :pound:

4. Big dunk

Big dunk Second Round Draft Pick

Strip her down and paint her green, and could call her "Celtic Pride".

5. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

1st game of our 1st back to back this season. Grizzlies are tough to beat since we are playing them tomorrow night. Therefore, we need to win this game. Hopefully, Sheed will play better knowing that he let the team down against the Bucks.

What happen to our passing game? We must average 20+ assist, not T.O's.

GO PISTONS!!!

6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I predict we'll have a few players in foul trouble trying to prove they can stop dribble drives... it will be a foul fest for both sides.

7. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

If we can apply backcourt pressure, their guards will fold. Telfair is incapable of directing a team. Rondo is too green and West is over at the 2 spot. If we let them do their thing, Pierce will slice us apart and perkins, jefferson and Gomes will stuff putbacks and short hooks.

The Celtic bigs have a rep of being foul prone so that should be exploited. Sheed should have a nice night at the low block unless he gets T'd or settles for the three. I'm all for Maxiel at this point. Draw fouls. Even throw in Amir. If there is a game to play Amir in, this is it.

8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

the celtics are too small all around to seriously compete with us if we play a decent game. we can exploit mismatches all over the place.

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Yeah, but WHO ARE WE? Itll take 10 games b4 we know what this team is about. Until Thanksgiving comes, Im just watching......and waiting................:stirthepot:

10. vthomp

vthomp First Round Draft Pick

One of the things I love is having a great feel on how the Pistons will play each game. What Wednesday showed is that this team has to get rid of the superiority complex and play the game hard from the start. The starters have to trust that they will not play 40 plus minutes a game so come out hard and play hard from the start.

I think this game will be the same as it was last year when these teams met for the first time with Rip hitting the winner with .08 left on the clock. Both the Celtics and Pistons looked reallly bad in the openers.

The Pistons may have it together but this is a game they can lose if Boston come to play harder than their opener, and they will be geared to play the Pistons because they were swept last year.

My Perdiction is Pistons 97 Boston 93.

Don't be surprised if its the other way there is something wierd about this team right now. GO PISTONS!!!!!

11. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Which means we'll go small. Expect to see a CB-Flip-Rip-Tay-Sheed lineup get a lot of minutes.

12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I'll I can say is NO EXCUSES... they've been together for the whole preseason and had one week to "Open the playbook" before the 1st game... no opening game jitters.... no significant injuries.
    This game should be a good indicator of what to expect.

13. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Bench the starters until they can come out and play hard from minute 1. ACCOUNTABILITY. It has to start somewhere.

14. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Gonna miss the game tonight... gotta go:djparty:
    Could someone post a recap...
    thanks

15. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

16. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

According to cbs.sportsline, none of the starters played over 30 minutes. I could get used to that. Not many points contributed by the bench, however.

17. max

max All-Star

16 point win. For those scoring at home that puts us at a +8 point differiental over the 1st 2 games.

Lot of offensive boards, bench played great, defense improved, only 6 TO's and actually benefited the the Sheed rule by getting 2 cheapies from the line.

Have not checked the box yet but everyone seemed to play well. I am sure the usual crowd will find a way to slam the team but I am happy with this bounce back win.

18. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

Everyone except Flip Murray (Max didn't do much in his few minutes either, but didn't really have time enough to say so) played well.

And whatever box you looked at was wrong as Billups, Tay, and Rip definitely played heavy minutes as did Sheed.

19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I hope my boy Sheeeed realized how important he is out there. We got 22 pts/18 rebounds in 48 min from Naz/Dice at center. I could like that.
    Rip and CB must continue to dominate. 29 FTA'S from CB is great. More penetration. Delfino looked good. I can see him getting a good 20mpg. fLIP mURRAYsuxx. Dont like him, never will. Delk and Hunter can have his minutes.Cant wait til Blaylock plays. why are we so scared to play our yungens? Not a great win but we still have 8 pregames to go 4 me.....

20. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

yeah, ESPN has four guys playing 35 minutes and over. That sucks IMO.