Pistons At Bulls ~ February 24th, 2006

Discussion in 'February 2006 Games' started by Superstarov, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pistons at Bulls

February 24th, 2006 ~ 8:30pm
    United Center, Chicago, IL
    TV: Local Only Radio: WDFN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

~~ GUESS THE SCORE!! ~~

~~

2. murray22

murray22 Second Round Draft Pick

Seeing as how the Pistons have the best away record in the league, we can all expect .....well you know. Ben Wallace has never been huge on points, but he is always a presence on boards, blocks, and is always a defying role on defense. Rasheed has been having some great games, if only he could keep his mouth shut better he wouldn't be out a few grand on fines. Nothing bad against Rasheed, but seriously, isn't one technical enough to learn better??

Murray22

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

4. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

As with last night's game against indy, i gotta say there's something oddly reassuring to me about this kind of victory: gritty, getting it done when the jumpers aren't falling (esp. from chauncey, sheed, and rip), when the calls aren't going your way, when the other team is bringing playoff type intensity, in front of a hostile crowd.

i was a little surprised (and disappointed) not see more delfino in the 2nd half when tay seemed to be struggling (but then tay did get it going a little bit near the end).

ben in double figures for the second night in a row!

dyess was smokin' and evans looked much more confident and assertive on offense.

i'm gonna try to preempt the lindsay criticisms by just asking everyone to remember what they felt the last time they had the flu. i had one about two weeks ago and i could barely get up to use the bathroom, let alone chase gordon and hinrich around.

it's fun for me to watch the pistons cruise when they're shooting 40-45 % from behind the arc and nearly 50 % from the floor. and i'm sure they'll do that again soon. but these last two games have had a different feel and it's good to see the pistons can win like this too.

i'm diggin' this second half play so far! :)

as a p.s.: kudos to carlos and darko in o-town tonight. strong performances. clearly the trade has created a great situation for them both. they must both be feeling great. and (though i know others disagree) we seem to plugging along just fine without them (basically 4-0).

5. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

I like the fact that Ben is getting involved in the offense, too, especially if he is on the move. Tay needs to get rid of the ball quicker when they come for the double down low. We do need another back-up guard to make things easier on the championship run. But I am starting to think that Cato being here was planned (for Shaq)--we will see. Don't know why we have Sheed shoot all those threes when he is cold. Lindsay showed that he can get to the hoop which is good. Delfino is still young--I hope he grows up fast. Dyss is really ready for the playoff run.

6. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Wow... A bench win. Props to Dice, Vice, Mo, and Hunt

7. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

No doubt. Bench were huge. Have y'all notice that Dice shoots better FG% and scores more ever since Arroyo was traded? Is the pick and roll between them that crucial for the bench to put points up the scoreboard? And have anyone notice that bench minutes has increase ever since Arroyo and Darko were traded?

I'm not for or against the trade but it's Bill D's and Joe D's team. They made the decision to trade them and being a fan, I can only support their decision. Decision is made, and now we just have to go on supporting the team with its roster because we support DETROIT PISTONS, not individuals only.

Now back to the game, if flip continues to use the bench like the past 2 games (Pacers and Bulls), the bench will definitely improve and starters will be fresher come the playoffs. Looks like Delfino can't stop all the SG or SF who are hot defensively without much help (Wade, Gordon, etc). Even Mo played well since the All Star break.

Look forward to the Cavs game.

8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i don't care how cold you are, but if you're that wide open you have to shoot it. rasheed couldn't get it going, and for once i don't think he shot too many threes. he was 0-8, but every one of them was wide open. every time they left him open, and i was waiting until he would hit that dagger. every time he shot it i thought this is the one. that's lindsey playing with the flue so when he's healthy he will be great. our bench showed they can really help us. it ould be great to have another pg, but we can switch up players to the pg. this was our 4 game in 5 nights on the second game of a back to back, and it was on the road. plus the one guy who never gets fatigued (rip) was ejected, and the starters didn't play well. the bench was very good tonight.

9. himat

himat Bench Warmer

after cleveland game at home this sunday the next 7 out 8 are on the road. this is a big test.

10. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

the nice thing is after this difficult stretch the pistons can cruise through the rest of the season. i'm happy that flip went to his bench early and often on the 2nd game of a back-to-back, and trusted them ... and they responded accordingly!!

this was a really entertaining game :)

11. himat

himat Bench Warmer

yep the bench was great tonight.

12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Here's something to make u smile, bruddah. Only two teams in the league have a better HOME record than our ROAD record(20-7)...Spurs and Mavs!:eyebrows: Only losses I forsee are at Denver and at Toronto(one of those goofy games),,,after the Charlotte game (the last 0f the 8 of 9)...we have only 6 remaining roadees...Indy, Phily, Miami, Orlando, Milw and Toronto again. Feeling good about my 66-16 prediction.

13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

BTW...does Rip's ejection for a flagrant grant him a suspension? If so, thus endeth the streak!

14. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Has anyone noticed how Lindsey's trademark man to man defense is already beginning to spread to his teammates? Defensive intensity is beginning to step up like I hoped. I likey! :)

15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

B-HQ, where's your faith? We can get by without one starter for a couple of games. We're still pretty deep.

16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Now that we are in the second half, you'll start to see more and more Detroit basketball. As Mo pointed out, Lindsey is a catalyst, and Joe keeps him around for a reason, not just because they are friends. For all of the shot making, athletcism, highlight reel play, attitude has been the dominant trait in all 3 Detroit championships. Champions WANT it. They want it more than anyone else.

I absolutely loved the intensity of last night's game, the playoff atmosphere and a return to some good old fashioned physical play.

The Cavs are going to meet us at the wrong time. I can't say for sure we will win both games, but they will get all they can handle and maybe a little bit more.