1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Pistons at Bulls ~ December 3rd, 2006

Discussion in 'December 2005 Games' started by Superstarov, Sep 19, 2005.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

And we will be adding chat here in the next 2 weeks.

2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

as Issac Hayes would say...

Right On.....Right On!my bruddah

3. detteam

detteam All-Star

Anybody got a lee re-cap pre-cap?

4. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

It's great to have a home here. I'm from Malaysia and don't have the luxury to watch all the games coz we don't have enough tv coverage here. Only have courtside live at nba.com during game time and the update is slow. At chatroom, i can have live coverage from you guys if i'm lucky. Thank god we are gonna have chat in here the next 2 weeks.

5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

yeah right, lol!

u kidn, my bruddah? that's lee's house!

6. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

precap

mo sucked -23 while on the floor or some bs like that at least this time the stats back it up jmax should have gotten his minutes or delfino wow he came to ball did good in the first half and does not get more burn

7. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

i listen to wdfn and watch yahoo when i cant watch them on tv yahoo is way faster than espn and nba.com i refresh more than they do so they stay pretty close
    try yahoo instead of nba not real time but not bad

8. detteam

detteam All-Star

Oh...come on...you know how it goes!

"Darko almost did this & that"..."Mo brought all the intensity to a standstill on O & D".

Can't wait to hear lee's description of Mo's 3 toward the end of the 3rd as "ill-advised".

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

true dat

Go to Yahoo, click 'Game channel 'and stream at wdfn altho u must register.....

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

lol

:laugh:
    here's my try....
    1st qtr...we had our houseshoes on and a lot of our heart was still InLB's back pocket. But bulls came out too strong to maintain.
    2nd Qtr..Bulls bench lets them down late and Sheed just imposed his will on Nocioni, Dice hit a shot off the glass that was sposed to be an alley oop for Sheed. Nice point play for Arroyo and Delf's legs were poppin. We cut 33-18 lead to 44 tie at half.
    3rd qtr....Big shot abuses hienikenrich with 3's and Sheed just plays silly on both ends of the court. 27-10 run.
    4th qtr...Ben buys popcorn as Dice controls defensive end. Bulls do typical comeback but Tay, Big Shot and Rip make FT's.
    Overall...FLIP WON this game 4 us with key timeout in 2nd qtr!!
    ther..my bruddahs!:P

11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

game report

We got behind early by not being able to score. Maybe arriving on a late flight after playing the night before had something to do with that? Delfino was the first guy off the bench, way early in the first. Delfino knocked down a three, made a layup on a fast break, dived for and got a loose ball, and had a block. On defense, Deng scored on him some. But the shots were challenged. (One was quite a fade-a-way by Deng.)

Arroyo was the next guy off the bench. He took a lot of shots, made at least one. Four assists in the first half. The announcers have mentioned several times how Arroyo got the offense moving. Wait a moment, I think Dyess came in just before Arroyo. Dyess still is not making his typical outside shots, but Dyess was scoring inside. Dyess played a ton in this game, with Ben just getting around 25 minutes or so.

Our bench played a good long time into the 2nd quarter, with Dyess playing the whole quarter. Can't complain about lack of bench minutes in this one.

No Darko, Davis, or Maxiell. Evans played a lot. Did not do anything for us until rather late in the game with us up quite a bit already. He hit a three and made an assist on a fast break. He did not handle the ball too cleanly on that assist, but he managed to make the pass. The Pistons again gave Evans several more chances to handle the ball in the offense in this one, but Evans gave us nothing but missed shots or lost time on the clock for it. Basically, not too impressive at all. But at least he was not negative in this one. At least I am pretty sure he was not.

Rip did not score much in this one. Billups had another 11 assist game. Tay was pretty good tonight, hitting threes, and going inside. Man is his hook shot going across the lane looking viscious.

Sheed was the star tonight, getting 26 points. This included 4 threes, same as Billups. Sheed was aggressive posting up, and was making his shots. As usual, he does not do anything toward the basket. Still just rising up and hitting shots. Very effective.

The Pistons again had a great defensive 3rd. They gave up 10 this time. And for most of the quarter, the Bulls were stuck on 3 points for the quarter. The game was all but over by the time they finally scored again rather late in the quarter. I believe Sheed and Billups each buried a couple of threes in this stretch, with Billups hitting one from the next planet over.

The Pistons seemed to relax toward the end of the game but never really let the Bulls back in this one. However, the Bulls stayed close enough so that only Delfino played there toward the end. No garbage time.

No game until Golden State next Saturday night. A weird schedule gets just weirder. We will start a stretch where we play 8 games in 12 days. A brutal schedule where we travel after 7 of those games. The Pistons will be given 2 days off, fly out west Wednesday to practice two days before the game.

The Pistons are 13-2, which ties for the franchise best ever start with that of the 90-91 team. Golden State is doing well this season. Sure would be nice to go 14-2. GO PISTONS!!!!!

12. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

http://www.sportsradio1130.com/main.html
    streaming radio. I listen to it while watching yahoo.com like abe froemen.

13. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

delfino

i called it. delfino needs to play to get this bench going. he and carlos arroyo are a backcourt and should play together. if it was up to me delfino would be getting all of evans minutes. i think lee has it right evans doesn't handle the ball really well. he needs to get the ball in position to shoot only don't make him create his shot.

14. Tally

Tally First Round Draft Pick

What's the word on Ben's foot injury? He has looked like he is in a lot of pain lately - like he's running barefoot on broken glass. Hopefully, the extra rest this week will help him heal up a bit.

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Da Pistons

Hey everybody. Just got back from the Bulls/Pistons game and the bars afterward. The Bulls crowd never got into the game at all. When the Bulls had the lead, it seemed like everyone there knew that it would not last. We were in the 10th row, and the game is very different from up close than it is on TV. Here are my general observations...
    • Sheed was having a great time. When the Pistons were warming up pre-game on one end of the floor, Sheed had the other end all to himself. He must have shot 20+ threes with his left hand, hitting 3 in a row from the corner at one point. Then he started talking with the people in the first row and was trying behind the back shots and other trick shots to impress them.
    • As funny as it sounds, Darko also looked very good in warm ups. He was very loose, and was screwing around with the other players a lot. Poking them when they were shooting, fouling them, etc.
    • When the game started, the one thing that I noticed was that Tayshaun looked like a freak. He is so gangly in person, but has that amazing coordination for a tall guy. It seemed like he was the dominator for the Pistons. Maybe it is just that the Bulls don't match up well against him. Sheed was also very active and for some reason was getting a ton of wide open looks. And Chauncey looked like the calmest, clutchest dude in the World. Everytime he shot the ball, Bulls fans were moaning.
    • Noccioni looked foolish tonight. At one point, right in front of us, he chopped Billups on the upper back intentionally with his elbow (away from the ball). It was a cheap shot, and Billups didn't really react to it. But the Pistons started to get a lot more physical with him after that, so I'm guessing they took notice.
    • Delfino seemed to be trying very hard on defense, for what that is worth. Arroyo as well.
    • Sweetney really looked tired after the first quarter. He's not in good enought shape yet... sort of like Eddie Curry.
    That's about all I have to say. It looked like the Pistons had 2 more gears that they could have gone into if they needed. It was a nice relaxing night for a Pistons fan at the United Center.

16. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Pistons dominated.

We did not even show up in the first quarter and then put the Bulls away quickly. Not one Bull player would crack our starting five. Our three ball is becoming a problem for teams. Tay and Rip are way better offensively when they are fresh. Evans game is limited. He is best with the spot up three. I see him as a role player who can make a few hustle plays here and there, hit a three, ect. Delfino has game and I think Flip will unleash it soon. No Darko--a message to the kid, no doubt. Dyss played tough inside. Sheed was a handful and full of confidence. Arroyo made some nice plays but my concern is his tendency to make turnovers. It is like he needed another year of Larry. Our offense has become a real problem for teams to handle. And when they do stop us, doubt it will be like last year. Check out our road record. Wow! We are putting a lot of pressure on Indiana and Miami to focus and win. They are taking notice.

17. LA Sam

LA Sam Second Round Draft Pick

Stuff

Abe Froemen: I agree with you on Yahoo. There are a lot of games that occur when I'm still at work(7:30 east is 4:30 for me), and Yahoo updates way faster than NBA.com. I've even had occasions where Yahoo is faster than the reports on WDFN talking live. I wonder if sometimes there's a delay in the streaming.

TaShawn, thanks for those excellent observations, it's always good to get an eyewitness report.

LAPiston, I agree that Evans game is limited, which means to me that we need to use him as a situational player. He has good 3 point range, and I think he will become a very good defender if he works on it.

This also means that Delfino needs to replace him in the role he has now. If Delfino is indeed not in the doghouse, he's got the size and talent to really be a mini Ginobli for us. Failing that, I'd like to see JMax on some of the slower SF, which is a matchup he should win easily. As a matter of fact, I think JMax could eventually be our Artest killer(if Artest can stay in the league a few more years).

18. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Thanks for the great recap, TaShawn. Good stuff. Sheed's practice showboating actually paid off when he made that lefty jumper (and 1) against Chandler. The guy is just absurdly gifted. Even the Bulls announcers freaked out and asked for a replay.

19. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

LA Sam / LA Piston

Why replace Evans with CD. Why not play Delfino at 3 and Evans at 2.

It looks a lot like Flip is growing the bench one player at a time. His "give them enough rope (to hang themselves)" statement coupled with the timing of this Delfino appearence might indicate Darko out-Delfino in. Delfino played with good energy and aggressiveness.

I think sooner or later Flip will round out the bench with a Dice - Davis tandem.

20. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Mo Evans

Evans is a finisher. That's all I have seen from him this far. He can finish at the hoop and hit spot up Js.

I have not seen an ability to beat a man off the dribble, post up or handle.

On defense, I see a player with all of the tools, and very little idea what he is doing. He'll dive for the rock, but it's almost like he has stone hands trying to corral the loose ball.

The reason why I am being so critical is that our only FA upgrades were Evans and Davis. Some of the benchers have been spotty and I really wonder if the talent drop off from Prince/Rip to Evans is going to be ok down the line.

Imagine this. Finals 06. Pistons have Arroyo-Evans-Dice-Prince-Ben on the floor. Spurs put Bowen on Arroyo and Horry on Prince. Shut down.

It's no secret I haven't been the biggest Delfino fan, but at this point I think he needs to play and play lots. Evans is a lot less skilled than I was lead to believe. Athletic? Yep. Good teammate? Probably a sweetheart. Game changer? Absolutely not.