Pistons At Bucks ~ November 26th, 2005

Discussion in 'November 2005 Games' started by Superstarov, Oct 2, 2005.

1. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

No, you were right

They're shooting too many of them. If you look at tonight and last night, it's too many. They are relying on it.

2. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

actually...

Keep talking, it seemed to work! :laugh:

3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

You have to be encouraged by this win. Coming after a marathon game..Playing on the road. The results were consistent throughout...no early set backs to claw back from.

Far from perfect, but a good win nonetheless.

4. ggazoo69

Yes, a good win

And the Pistons got more from Sheed than I thought they would. Nice going, Roscoe! And Rip rebounded from a poor night against the Wiz.

5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

That was some old style "D" against one of the best offenses in the league.... one for Flip and the boys...
    They put the A.I. rules on TJ... the whole team shadowed him cutting off his driving (and passing) lanes.

Sometimes ya learn some interesting stuff from the other teams broadcast... like we're 27th in FT attempts (too much on the perimiter).... and Chauncey & Arroyo are #1 and #2 in the league for T.O.'s to assists.

We did get hammered on the offensive glass... as Milwaukee is #1 in rebounding.

Very impressive effort coming after a double O.T. game.

We really need to have Darko working in the post if we're gonna improve our paint scoring down the road.

6. TBird

TBird First Round Draft Pick

Nice Win

Gutsy job tonite. I really wondered whether the energy would be there. This takes a bit of the sting out of last night's loss.

What a job we've done on the road so far this year.

7. jammertime

Speaking of rebounding, the Pistons really have to improve on that. We're giving up way too many offensive boards especially. That was the difference in OT last night. 10-2 is great, but 11-1 would have been awesome!

8. jammertime

Agreed. I was really worried about a drop off in tonights game. Once we got to the 2nd OT last night I was really hoping for a win because I thought tonights game might be a write off against a quality team. Especially with lightning quick Ford to deal with.

9. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Is it safe to say they might get complacent at home.... the way they started yesterdays game just walking everything up and no movement... they thought they could throw the Nikes on the floor and pull out a W.
    I hope Flip keeps reminding them about the importance of starting strong.... maybe a cattle prod to start the game:P

10. max

max All-Star

Game

There is a nice retro type of game some were asking for.

11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

game report

10-2. Best record in the league. Any criticism's at this point got to be tempered with that piece of info right there.

Three games in 4 nights vs. quality opponents. We win two and lose one in double OT. Our only other loss so far this season is against one of the hottest teams in the league this early season. This start is fantastic. 10-2

Darko and Delfino were the first two off the bench tonight. Darko first, and he played with the starters. And the other team did not score for a while. Probably just a coinkeedink, right? Darko's 4 blocks and several shot intimidations probably had nothing to do with it. Besides, he only had two blocks if you believe the very disrespectful Milwaukee scorers.

All our subs were in for just a moment. Just about 2 plays worth, and slowly in come the starters. Flip is saying in his interview right now that Darko had 4 blocks on one posession, so he can't figure how the official scorers came up with their number. Darko also had a tip in on an alley oop, I believe from Sheed. The bench played pretty darn good in this game, but some triples given up to Redd pretty much just made them even for the game. Still, they got some minutes. But enough minutes? The starters pretty much played the whole 4th quarter, and for the back to back played a whole lot of minutes. This is a funny schedule. No game until Wednesday now. We won, and we have All day Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to rest before playing Wednesday night. Works well enough for me. Darko got 10 minutes of valuable, when the game counts, experience. He even played a bit in the 2nd half of the game. Got to just love what we get rather than complain to much about what might have been.

Evans had a bucket off his dribble, dribbling from up top going left and pulling up. Good to see. Another adventure in ball handling for him ended up in a turn when he drove right and to the basket. I am mad at him for not covering Redd better on that one triple. Might have kept the subs out there longer.

CB hit some long bombs, drove and made free throws. Tay got aggressive in stretches on his O. Rip went back to hitting some shots. Sheed is still being a monster inside, and I am pretty sure that so far this year he is ahead of his career percentage on 3's. Got to check that. Ben just pulled down 18 rebounds and mostly had Magloire totally flabbergasted. The starters as a unit got really serious on their defensive rotations to keep Redd from doing further damage to us down the stretch. Great job of that.

Low scoring game, going to lower our average on defense. Scoring? We scored enough to win. Rip managed to make some points off posting Ford. On one sequence, he drew a double team and assisted Billups on a triple. Tay shot off the dribble three times before he hit one. Great to see him try and add that to his game.

Detroit in general did a vert good job of shutting down any Buck who heated up. And Milwaukee conversely seemed a little too predictable about who they were going to in each play. Good combination for us.

Bogut looked pretty impressive, but what you did not see from him is defense. I would love to see Darko and Bogut go at it for a while. I am betting Darko wins that battle. Just something I will have to look forward to. GO PISTONS!!!!!

12. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I'll agree Darko was active on defense... he's a beast trying to score on in the paint... we all know he can block shots.... now how bout some rebounds...
    He's gotta step up his offense... I'd settle for half of the rookies production (Bogut)... maybe even a little Kukoc would be alright at this point.

All the kid needs is a simple hook shot... is that too much to ask for?

13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Idle thoughts

(1) I really think the Pistons would have lost tonight if they had pulled out yesterdays game. I think they were not going to let themselves lose two in a row, especially after losing a tough one so they reached down deep and were especially focused. So either way we were going to be 10-2 after tonight.

(2) Obviously, people are free to post whatever they like as long as they aren't personally attacking other posters....excluding Lee, of course. (Just kidding General). But anyhow, it does make me wonder how people can be so critical of a 10-2 team without finding anything positive to note about what they've accomplished.

I'm NOT talking about guys like Micro who would worry if the Pistons were up 104 -72 with two minutes left in the 4th quarter. Micro has good things to say about them (and FLIP) too, but he just can't help himself from worrying.

I'm talking about some of the stuff I've read over the last couple of days. I just picture these people going to a game and sitting on their hands every time the Pistons score, but booing when the visitors score on them. I'm not being critical. I'm just wondering how you can enjoy your teams success or whether you can even recognize it when you see it?

I think 10-2 is about as good as it gets. I think two finals trips (winning one) under Larry Brown was damned good too. I don't have to like Brown to give the guy his due, and I sure enjoyed those seasons even though I always wished it was Carlisle coaching them rather than Brown. I guess that makes me a "slappy" for saying good things about the Pistons last summer even though they lost in 7 games to the Spurs last season under a coach I didn't care for in some ways.

I guess we are all different and that's a good thing, IMO. But while I accept it, it doesn't always necessarily mean that I understand where others are coming from.

14. ggazoo69

Hook?

Are you kidding? Based on the game report, Darko is well on his way to superstardom. Who needs an unblockable, high-percentage shot down low? :laugh:

15. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

if given the same amount of minutes as bogut he'd score just as much as bogut. darko is much more advanced offensively that bogut just doesn't get the minutes and doesn't get his number called as much when he is on offense. he plays within the offense a little too much.

darko did make a great post move the first time he came in the game but he blew the layup. i think what darko needs is more touches on offense when he is expected to score. flip needs to challenge him to be a force on offense and on defense.

16. LA Sam

LA Sam Second Round Draft Pick

Darko was very good, the problems are elsewhere

I'm really pleased with what Darko is doing. I could care less if he scores a ton of points, just get comfortable on the floor, and intimidate in the paint.

The real problems are at SG & SF! We've got to get Delfino rounded into shape, and Evans better on defense. If those two can get active, maybe our bench can really deliver ala the alternatorz.

But Darko can work on is offense next year, this year, I just want him to defend, and score only when the pooprtunity presents itself. Which should be enough times to net him a 5-8 ppg effort in the second half of the season.

We're just getting started.

17. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Second unit should have defensive focus, other notes, etc.

Darko's defense is ahead of his offense. Evans can make steals. maybe we are looking at this wrong. The unit's identity should be defense. Lindsey will add to the focus. Whatever they score will be gravy. I agree with the earlier post that if we had won yesterday, we probably would have lost today. The regular season is full of pitfalls. I agree with Lee and am satisfied with 10-2. As long as we can score more than last year, the league will be chasing us because we can play defense when it counts. Our road record is phenomenal so far. We have to keep the starter's minutes down. Tay and Rip are way better offensively with less minutes. We should start to let Davis spell Ben as the season goes on.

18. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'm surprised no one mentioned the excellent job rip did defending redd today - he stayed in front of his man the whole night. in fact the pistons did a fantastic job of stopping dribble penetration and easy points in the paint.

darko was awesome tonight - shoulda been credited with 3 blocks instead of 2, and he just clowned gadzuric. darko's sneaky with the left hand, makes it easier to get a hand up quickly. chauncey played a solid game but (even though he was wide open) i wasn't too sure about him launching a 3 with an 8-point lead and 1:50 to go in the game, while there were still 15 seconds on the shot clock.

you could tell we were tired as a lot of shots clanged off the front of the rim, but overall a solid effort. i thought we'd see some minutes from davis, but at least darko and delfino got important minutes in the 1st half. 6-1 on the road, pretty shweet.

19. LA Sam

LA Sam Second Round Draft Pick

LA Piston: Possible Idea

That's not a bad idea, especially while they're learning where the offense will come from in that second unit.

Having a defensive focus could also take a lot of pressure off the 2nd unit to live up to the old alternatorz's.

I'm not totally sold, but it's still an interesting idea.

20. JustinSane

JustinSane Second Round Draft Pick

'Darko Milicic was credited for just two blocks, but he had four in one possession.
    "I know one thing, the guy here can't count blocks," Saunders said.' - The Detroit News