Pistons At Bucks ~ November 26th, 2005

Discussion in 'November 2005 Games' started by Superstarov, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Pistons At Bucks
    November 26, 2005 ~ 9:00pm
    The Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI
    TV: Local Only Radio WDFN

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  2. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

-- Box Score --

Flip Saunders - On bouncing back after last night’s loss:
    “I thought defensively we were good. They beat us up on the boards early but we were able to bounce back and get stops. I thought our bench also gave us minutes. The thing I was most concerned with tonight was our energy. ”

Chauncey Billups - On defending Michael Redd down the stretch:
    “He’s a tough cover. Anytime he gets the ball up he has a chance to make it. I wanted to just try and be physical with him.”[table=350][tr=alt2][td]Points:[/td][td](DET) R. Hamilton, 20
    (MIL) M. Redd, 23
    [/td][/tr]
    [tr=alt1][td]Rebounds:[/td][td](DET) B. Wallace, 18
    (MIL) J. Magloire, 17[/td][/tr]
    [tr=alt2][td]Assists:[/td][td](DET) C. Billups, 7
    (MIL) M. Williams, 4[/td][/tr]
    [tr=alt1][td]Blocks:[/td][td](DET) Two tied, 2
    (MIL) J. Magloire, 2[/td][/tr]
    [tr=alt2][td]Player of the Game
    Chauncey Billups
    Assists: 7
    FTM-A: 4-4
    Minutes: 37[/td][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]
  3. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Dale Davis

Well, I hope that Dale is ready for tonight. With Dyce limping and Sheed playing major, major minutes last night, Dale will be called upon. It is certain that Larry, oops, I mean Flip, will not call upon Darko.

So, Dale, good luck tonight.

I am glad to see they let Carlos Arroyo work through his rough spots as he is certainly a contributor now. He is now a dependable part of the team. Glad to see that he, at least, has gotten his chance, and that he make the most of it.

Tonight will be my last chance to see the Pistons this season on a regular basis as we are on the way to Florida. We just get a few games down there, the Piston games when Miami and Orlando are involved and the ones on national tv.

So I will be depending on you guys for my first hand knowledge. Keep up the good work, guys.
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

please let us win tonight. milwaukee is on the 2nd game of a back-to-back as well, losing the 1st game...so that should be interesting. all i know is that tj ford has been playing terrible according to my fantasy stats and i've been benching him :P
  5. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

pg's in the paint

Ford has not been playing well, but I think he is the kind of player capable of testing the Pistons. Even last year, the Pistons didn't always do a good job of keeping quick pg's out of the paint. That problem still seems to be there this year. Whatever else he may or may not be good for, Lindsay seemed to me to always do a good job with that. I'm not so sure that Chauncey or Carlos can do the same with Ford. Once he's in the paint, Redd sets up for 3s and Bogut and others can get free for easy inside baskets. If our guards can keep Ford in front of them, I think that'll make the rest of the team easier to defend.
  6. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I have TJ as well, and I've noticed that he gets into foul trouble a lot and has fouled out a number of times this season. I think this is the reason for his poor numbers, not necessarily his poor play. In fact he has fouled out of his past 2 games.

chauncey should be able to exploit this area if the game scouts have done their homework.

another interesting match-up will be rip hamilton v andrew bogut (battle of the broken noses). rip will be like, "hey rook, thats only your first, talk to me when that mask becomes permanent."
  7. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

battle of the broken noses

rotfl:rofl: :roll: :rofl:
  8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

and luckily i've sat him the past two :) turnovers, fg %, and personal fouls count in our league, which are his drawbacks to live with in return for a lot of assists and steals.

the thing is, the league i play in is kind of jacked - there's only 1 player per position + 1 utility, rotisserie max 82 games...so the bench hardly even matters - and i already have nash at PG, along with terry and hinrich to choose from.
  9. webz

fair enough. funny league. since when are personal fouls a stat that matters? :confused:
    may as well have a category for how many stitches a guy gets during the season or even how many dunks he makes during warm-ups? :rolleyes:
  10. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yah i hadn't played fantasy before so i didn't know what to expect, plus the dude said we had until a specific to set our desired draft order, but then closed it 2 days early and yahoo basically auto-picked half of everyone's teams. oh and technical fouls count too...heh.
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I love the Pistons but...

TJ Ford and Mo Williams. Who is going to stop them? Who is going to deny penetration?

Rip?
    Tay?
    CB?
    Arroyo?

I doubt it. P's can't defend the paint. This one is a track meet and our track stars played too many minutes last night.

Look for the Pistons to start coming back down to earth followed by some tweaks from Flip.
  12. webz

considering it was a 2OT game only 2 starters played more than 39 minutes (Tay, Sheed. albeit in the 50's). most of the bucks starters played high 30's last night as well.

also our bench got some decent run and played well, so thats a positive for tonight. both benches will be needed, so whichever one does best might decide the game.

as for stopping penetration, well thats almost impossible these days with the refs calling it so tight out on the perimeter this season. best to attack fire with fire. give arroyo some run, attack ford (which i mentioned earlier) and put pressure on their interior D.
  13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

be safe, my bruddah

We'll get u a goinaway present tonight...pistons go old school...88-83!
  14. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Penetration

I don't care if we give up penetration all night, cause we will still challenge the shots. I just want the guys who are run past to get in there and rebound. We must limit the second chances.
  15. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Bottom line

We must win.

Realistically, we must be in every game. Or at least try to be. We're tired, they're tired so let's see who comes up big and gets the win and I'm hoping it's us.

Did I miss something? Why can't Darko play tonight? :nod:
  16. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i think tonight will be the night when darko gets some semi major burn. the bucks will probably not go small and that's the perfect lineup for flip to play darko against. if he doesn't play darko this game then we will be sure that something is up. major minutes for the bigs last game, dice gimpy this is the perfect oppurtunity for darko to get some minutes and show what he has. i'm also hoping jmax gets in there for a little bit of meaningful minutes.
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Bill and George make me want to puke. Guys are missing shots and they are calling them Darko blocks. By my count, he has 2, maybe 3. If you listen to the WB announcers, they make it sound like he has 8 blocks already.

Darko's playing very well, but I think when the shot is a miss off the rim, that's not a Darko block...
  18. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

Now Wave

Quit being a hater. lol
  19. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

not a block but definitely an alteration. 3 blocks in 1 quarter is still pretty good. darko is patrolling the paint and the league and definitely the bucks will have to take notice.

darko blew the nice move in the paint but i'm still happy he shot it and had deep position. he's had a pretty good showing in early minutes. as much bad stuff is said about darko i think it's only fair the announcers get behind him a little bit. bill walton made several cracks about darko when he was doing the game just because he doesn't know what type of player darko is now that lb is gone. the league will know soon.
  20. snoopol

snoopol Second Round Draft Pick

Bill Walton is an idiot.