Pistons 1st Round Game 1 - Sixers Sun Apr 20 6PM

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, Apr 17, 2008.

1. max

max All-Star

Re: 1st Round Game 1 - Sixers Sun Apr 20 6PM

Yep, Flip needs to step it up more.

4 more things for the game list

1) Tell the players not to talk to other players from other teams watching the game in the stands during the game.

2) Do not give the opposing coach game advise during the game and try to keep other conversations brief if you must say something to him.

3) Most importantly of all. Illustrate the importance of not joining the other team in their huddle during a time out. This is very important. Join your huddle, not theirs.

4) This is would be nice item. Please try and refrain from laughing ( especially during crunch time ) when you miss a shot or cause a turnover. Nobody thinks its funny except you ( and maybe some of your teammates )
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Sounds like you might need an intervention. It appears you may have CAV envy.

:rofl:
  3. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Alright...who broke the LAW and didn't enjoy a Philly Cheesesteak during the game yesterday???

Those of us who did know dayum well those who didn't made us lose. Is somebody gonna fess up and promise not to do it again?

:brick:
  4. roscoe36

Hatter! You beautiful SOB, I was hoping you would show up! :stirthepot:

I got the cheesesteak rocking for Game 2. Goin' off my diet to do it! :D
  5. Mad Hatter

Yep I've been lurking and paying attention to our guys. This latest azz kicking we just got has me seein cross-eyed about now.

I have a confession to make tho. I had a cutie stop by with two kids in tow, right about half-time. Those kids proceeded to make our guys lose by distracting my Philly Cheesesteak fed full concentration from the game!

Now....you know me. I couldn't have that. But I wanted to be polite too. So I laced the last half of my cheese steak sa-mich with hot sauce and waited for the moment of truth.

After loudly and effectively marking my territory, the kids decided the TV in the other room was more desirable. My girl mumbled something about "men being so gross," and went to my bedroom with a book. And lo and behold!! The Pistons started coming back.

I should have thought of that sooner!

:pound:
  6. detteam

detteam All-Star

I will ship a pasty to the person that can name a great 'Philly' cheesesteak restaurant in the metro Detroit area :hail:
  7. roscoe36

We already know the food has motivational properties, it just has to be handled correctly... :MusicBigGrin:
  8. Mad Hatter

A good (sorta) Philly Cheesesteak can be found at a lil bar & Grill type place on Picquette (I think), one block east of Woodward, between Downtown and New Center. Theirs is on pita bread, but the meat comes about as close as I've found it.

Also a lil Coney Island on 8-mile and about Schaffer/Coolidge or whatever it is right there. Their's ain't "true" Philly either but worth the stop in.

I ain't in the advertising business, but a resonable facsimile of a true Philly Cheesesteak is hard to find in these parts.

Now if you're going to Philly, hollah!!
  9. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Great post............seems so simple....i hope the pistons read this forum
  10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I think you're right LOL

Now I've been watching the Rockets game and i'm sitting here extolling the virtues of Rick Adelman, and the rookie he's playing Aaron Brooks who's *gasp* quick and allowed to handle the ball, and attack the basket.

I can't even enjoy a game without sitting here thinking well if Flip does this, we will . . .
  11. max

max All-Star

You know I can't help watching these other games and thinking why couldn't our guys put out this kind of effort? Other teams have gotten beat but the Pistons are the only ones looking like Shmucks so far.
  12. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

True dat. Every single game I've seen and I've only missed one (Cavs vs. Wiz because I have a visceral aversion to LeTravel) the effort level and intensity and execution have been far above and beyond our Pistons' performance.

Sheed and JMax have immunity from harsh criticism due to their effort and performance. Everyone else is "on notice." Especially Chauncey and Rip. Lousy shot selection, unnecessary pull up jumpers, and mediocrity from both of these "Best Backcourt in the NBA" veterans.
  13. max

max All-Star

Pistons are the joke of the playoffs right now.

You are missing a good series in the Cavs/Wiz. Those 2 teams hate each other, thats what a playoff series is supposed to be like.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I agree with y'all about watching the other games and seeing how hard they're all playing. That being said though I am going to explode if I hear people blame last year’s loss to the Cavs on DET not taking them seriously. I think there is enough evidence out there (regardless of how this series or playoffs turn out) to say that they were not good enough to beat Cleveland. It had nothing to do with favoritism.

Cleveland's team makes perfect sense. LeBron drives and either scores, gets fouled or gets wide open shots for his team. Who on DET can make a play for someone else? Who does the other team have to worry about containing? Sheed is about it, but DET negates that by standing still when he has the ball. Is there a team in the L that has to work harder to score? The Piston offense is predicated on players making shots versus the offense being designed to put them in scoring situations. I am going to pummel my TV if I have to watch Tay dribble the ball of his knees, elbows and feet while trying to back his man down again.

LeBron, playing 40+ mpg, gets back on D to swat shots to stop fast breaks. The Piston's Best Backcourt in the L stand there doing nothing but thinking up excuses if their shots aren't falling. Deeeeetroit Basketball!!!!
  15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

[​IMG]I TOTALLY AGREE WITH U!!!
  16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:pound: