Pierce being traded to Nuggets?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Sep 8, 2005.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

InsideHoops.com Source: Paul Pierce is Gone

By InsideHoops.com | Sept. 7, 2005 A source informed InsideHoops.com editor Jeff Lenchiner Wednesday evening that the Boston Celtics are expected to trade all-star guard/forward Paul Pierce to the Denver Nuggets for guard Andre Miller and forward/center Nene.

It's not known if other players are involved in the completion of the deal.

[​IMG]

Man would that change the face of the C's :yuck:
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That's a crazy deal if it goes down. Wow. Davis, Miller, Nene, Jefferson, ???

Wait. Who would play SF?
  3. Tyskillz

Tyskillz First Round Draft Pick

Say What?!?

WHOA! Well Merc you certainly have not lost your flare for the latest and most dramatic scoops available sir! I can't believe Pierce might not be a celtic anymore, in my book one of the toughest/best one on one players in the East bar none! I mean the guy was a refuted Piston killer, the way he used to abuse m. curry and sometimes stack was just brutal! Although both sides acquire good players I'd say the advantage goes to denver, after all they still have carmelo and k-mart to suit up alongside an all-star stud like Paul Pierce.
  4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Advantage Denver

Their lineup is startin' to get nasty!

If this is true....

Carmelo, K-Mart, Pierce, Camby, Watson, Boykins and the return of Voshon!

I likey! Looks like they are really high on Watson, if they are looking to move Miller.
  5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Pierce move

If it's true, I'm not surprised that Pierce is gone. He didn't want to be part of Boston's youth movement.
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

My thoughts exactly.
  7. Zoso

Zoso First Round Draft Pick

Pierce headed West?

Wow. If true, that would be a great deal for Denver. Adding Pierce to that roster will no doubt move them up a couple spots in the West. Although I don't think it will be enough to get them past the Spurs and into the Finals, but a great move nonetheless. At least Boston will get some solid talent in return, not quite on Pierce's level, but overall not a bad deal for them either. A win-win for both clubs.
  8. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

I love Pierce and its definately gonna be a different game for him out there in the West with the Nuggets. Both parties are improving but I think the Nuggets got it good here. This might be what the Nuggets needed to maybe upset the Spurs?

You'll never know.
  9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I must be from St Louie, cause all I'm thinking is SHOW ME!!!!
  10. puertoricanballer

puertoricanballer First Round Draft Pick

Questions...

:confused: Carmelo, K-Mart, Pierce, Camby, Watson, Boykins and the return of Voshon!

Are they still going to play with one basketball? Can Carmelo share it with Paul? More to come...
  11. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Melo with a changed role?

My thought is that Pierce would immediately become the focal point of the offense. Melo would have to become "Robin to his Batman" so to speak. Honestly, I think that is a better role for Melo at this stage in his career anyway. Let's face it, Melo is talented...but he is really no Lebron. In fact, comparisons of the two seem rather ridiculous now. Funny how far stock can fall in one season. Now, it becomes quite obvious that the pride of that draft class is Lebron and Wade.

...anyway back on topic. Outside of that I don't really think you will have a problem with shots as Camby, K-Mart and especially Watson don't require alot of touches. I think that lineup has a nice compliment of Offensive and Defensive players. (Watson is considered one of the best defensive point guards in the game)Voshon and Boykins will be great lifts off the bench.
  12. puertoricanballer

puertoricanballer First Round Draft Pick

From Insidehoops.com

This is what the author wrote at the bottom of the page, which is exactly what I was asking in my post:

With all the Paul Pierce rumors that pop up now and again, you think he'd have been traded 19 times already. Anyway, the latest, as reported above, is that he would get sent to Denver, with Andre Miller and Nene going to Boston. But a denial of the rumor came to InsideHoops.com from a high-ranking member of the Boston Celtics organization. The Nuggets would be fascinating to watch if they got Pierce, aka The Truth. Besides possible side drama -- meaning, how well Pierce and George Karl would work together -- I assume Pierce would play shooting guard, with Carmelo Anthony staying at small forward. Watching that squad learn to play like a team would be fun stuff. And with Andre Miller gone, Earl Watson would get to be the full-time point guard. As for Boston, Andre Miller would play point, with 48 backups behind him playing cards on the bench. Ricky Davis, Tony Allen and Gerald Green would be the shooting guard and small forward, and Al Jefferson and Nene would make a big splash up front. Anyway, if I'm Boston, I only make the deal with the belief that Nene is going to emerge as a dominant big guy in the near future...
  13. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

SO, where do we see the Celtics this season?? Denver has done a good job. They appear to be up there with the rockets and San An.
  14. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

truth

I'm still not sure how Denver will assemble its lineup. So I'm guessing Melo stays at SF, and Pierce to SG, but what about Lenard? Would he have to come off the bench?

And whats going on with Payton? Is he staying/retiring? How many more PG's do boston need? Although, Miller isn't really a true PG, he could probably move over to SG. And FFS, the C's will have to start Davis now, he will need to become 'the truth 2', however I think he plays better when he's not the focal point and the pressure isn't put so much on him.

I just don't really see this deal happening.
  15. Ambidex

Ambidex Second Round Draft Pick

Well, who else saw this coming?

I knew Pierce didn't want to be part of the youth movement, but I never imagined him going to Denver. He's one of those people I can't picture in powder blue, but hey, you can't fault Denver for getting him at that price, especially if Watson is as good as they say he is. My question is, where is Boston going to get its late game leadership now? Are they too young?
  16. Tyskillz

beantown's youth movement

Excellent point Ggazoo, can't say I blame him for not wanting to take part of that at this stage in his career. He's still in his prime so the time for him to go for the gusto is now while the iron is still hot. Hopefully he can help denver beat up on sa more and wear em down a bit by the time we get to them for some SWEET revenge...!

GO PISTONS!!!!!!
  17. Tyskillz

Dre Miller is legit

Webz what the heck are you talking about guy? Dre Miller is one of the most underrated PG's in the Association. While on a lowly cleveland squad he led the league in assists one year, not to mention since leaving clipperland he has again resurrected his career in denver. Miller isn't exactly a dead-eye outside shooter but his certainly a pretty good PG in my humble opinion.
  18. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Pierce move

I wonder if Boston is waiting to pull the trigger on something because Red is in the hospital. Not a great PR move to do something while the guy is ailing. :confused: