PHX Suns Feb. 8th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by Dlev59, Feb 1, 2009.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not sure what their PIP season average is, but they got 66 vs us tonight, 72 vs the Warriors Friday night, 64 vs the Warriors on Wednesday night, and again 64 vs the Kings on Monday night.

That's 66.5 for the 4 games they have played this month. :reading:

2. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

PIP is not a well published stat and it should be.

Hahaha, we can't even do better than the friggen Warriors and Kings! Man has our defense really declined that much? Damn... :yukpuke:

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It was at home too. And the refs seemed pretty good. And Shaq is old.

Not to be lost in all of this is that Nash was 1 assist short of a career high tonight. This is a 2 time MVP who has played in one of the fastest, most high flying offenses in the modern NBA, and he's only had 1 night with more assists than tonight?

21 assists and only 2 turnovers? That's incredible. Maybe this is why he's their only untouchable player.

4. detteam

detteam All-Star

The Pistons blew their wad in Milwaukee Sat night. Seriously...did anyone expect them to win last night? I expected them to get blown out by more than 15 so I'll give em an 'E' for 'Effort'. :)

5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A traveshamockery! :MusicBigGrin:

6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

me. if i was sick of watching them guess what...I WOULD STOP WATCHING. this has been my favorite season to watch in 3 years, and that's not going to change anytime soon.

i didn't watch this game yet and no report yet from my buddy who went to the game (i couldn't make it), but the milwaukee game was a blast to watch. what's not a blast to watch is the amount of hyperbole thrown around in these game threads.

7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Why? I'm not trying to be a smart-ass. I'm really asking. We suck. And not only do we suck, we really suck. We don't just lose. We find new and embarrassing ways to lose.

8. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

maxiell is done in terms of improving. As long as wannabe PF don't develope decent midrange jumper.

Amir - he is similar to maxi - all hustle plays, but as long as he cant be threat under basket and some steps away, his "hustle" has small impact.

Kwame - he can do only one thing well and it is standing in the front of slow big men, that is all.

Afflalo - next year Rip takes starting position back and it leaves many minutes for Aron, not worried.

My comment @ the low was to support his post. It is common by fans overvalue role of one dimensional bench players and treat them as "saviours".

Face it: bench players usually are not capable of fixing mistakes by starters, that's why they are only bench warmers, nothing more.

And even "better" utilizing amir or kwame won't get pistons past over cavs or champs.

You have what you have and you have to live with it.

Solutions to Pistons may come from 2009/10 FA market. IMO 2/3 of Pistons FAs won't resign with Pistons.

9. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

That is why Sheed is so valuable to the Pistons future. They can trade him to a contender for Amare because Sheed's future after this year is coming off the bench.

10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I'd bet 17 of those assists were scores at the basket. Way too easy. Embarrassing does not even begin to describe how bad our defense was. Which is exactly what you get when you don't play your best perimeter defender, Afflalo, nor your best guy at interfereing with the other team scoring around the basket, Amir. Some can't understand why these guys are so important to whether we win games, but hey, defense is also a part of the game.

I'll give credit to Curry for one thing only, and even that is a negative really. After going the first 30 minutes of the game with nary a sign that any defense was being played by the Pistons, he finally played Afflalo and then Amir a bit. Yes, he realized, way too late, that he had to play his defensisvely capable players. We ended up slowing down Phoenix finally, and the game was not the blowout that it would have been if Curry had not finally played these two some.

Nothing has fundamentally changed from last year. Sheed and Dyess have each gotten even slower. Rip and Stuck still can't play perimeter D, and AI, being small, is just as bad as the too slow Billups was at perimeter D. Just like last year, if Afflalo is left out of the rotation (specifically, if he does not play in the 2nd quarter) the Pistons are a pretty sorry team, with little chance to win the game.

From the first game we got AI, Curry has been wishing he could eliminate Afflalo from the rotation, due to wanting the minutes for AI, Stuckey, and Rip. But everytime he tries it, we lose the game. I got news for Curry, the Pistons will lose evey game where he tries to elimate Afflalo from the rotation. Its a simple coaches choice, just like last year. Play your only decent perimeter defender, or lose the game.

11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

On the one hand it's been nice the past three games to see a bit of renewed intensity. And particularly to see both Stuckey and AI pushing the ball up the floor and seeing what might develop. Rip has been a monster off the bench while Stuckey has lost whatever shot he once had and is getting beaten up at the rim without getting the calls.

Now if someone could figure out how to play defense, this team has a run at the 6th spot still in them.

Man, Kwame sure turns the ball over a lot.

12. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Have you seen his defense?

13. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

14. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

AI on the pass...

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

No, I don't think anyone has.

16. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

you are spoiled. 27-22 is not sucking. the wizards really suck. this is a new team this year...we are finding new and embarrassing ways to lose, but we need that so we can figure out how to win. i said it the past few years that i thought it would be good to deal with some adversity before the playoffs so we can learn how to work through it and not be so flummoxed when it happens when the games actually matter. well here it is.

i'm enjoying this season because we have to figure out how to win again - and to me that is a rewarding process. the guys haven't been winning every game but they've been playing their butts off and i can appreciate the effort because i see that they are not content with mediocrity.

i love that i've been to the Palace over 10 times this year and didn't know what to expect every single time. i mentioned in a previous thread that games got so boring i actually forgot to attend a game last year. so...i hope that answers your question.

17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Thanks AIG. That was one of the coolest passes I have ever seen. It might have been the best pass I have ever seen occur live.

18. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I love this post. Nice job hog

19. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

20. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Apparently some tech. diff. at Talkshoe...The episode was uploaded over 10 hrs ago.

Check either of these...I have direct control over them.