Away Phoenix Suns Friday Nov 2 2012

Discussion in 'November 2012' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

I don't get it... how did Knight play poorly last night? He had 13 points on 5/12 shooting, 10 assists (to 2 turnovers), and 5 boards. He had to man a starting unit that included Stuckey, Monroe, Tay, and Maxiell. YOU try running an offense with that.

del, linwood, alexa032 and 2 others like this.
  2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

nooooooo! :P

3. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I agree BK did a great job last night, I thought it was one of his better performances as he got penetration pretty much whenever he wanted and he was kicking it to open players...unfortunately his teammates either didnt shoot...or missed the open looks. That isnt his fault. The blame lies squarely on Stuckeyand his headache, GM and his inability to hit a open jumper or defend anyone. Tay made some plays on offense but his D was less than desired. Max attacked the offensive rim but he didnt rebound well or often and his defense was as good as he can play when his man is 5-6 inches taller. And last but certainly not least is the man responsible for putting these players on the floor and deciding not to take them out when EVERYONE else could see it wasnt working...Einstein defined insanity as " repeating the same steps and expecting a different outcome" well folks coach marches the same starting unit out there and expects what? This fool needs to play the better players not the older ones...there should be no preffered seating plan at the game. There should be whatever works go to it. When we start missing shots and providing no defense or rebounding? we are wasting a position. yank em and try out someone else. Man I hate this idiot with a passion..

4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

There is so much wrong with that statement.

linwood likes this.
  5. copper

copper Bench Warmer

please explain

6. coynejeremy

First of all, if Einstein had said everything attributed to him, he wouldn't have had a spare moment to wipe his butt. People [I don't mean you] attribute things to Einstein because they think it makes them sound smarter.

Second of all, I would argue that quite often we get totally different outcomes when we repeat the same steps twice.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Time to see what Daye and Villanueva can do.

8. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Quote by Albert Einstein: Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over...
    it is more of an expression of " if nothing changes? then nothing changes" which is kind of what our team is doing, my statement was meant more as a " lets shake things up"

9. coynejeremy

I reiterate. The quote is attributed to him (as well as to others), but there is no evidence he actually said or wrote it.

I understand your point, and I don't argue that you are wrong in this case. That "quote" has long been a pet peeve of mine, though. A lack of innovation and inability to achieve success have nothing to do with unstable mental health.

10. copper

copper Bench Warmer

You are good at talking in circles...you are completely off the path of original post and in one breathe agree that the quote is attributed to him and in the next argue that he said it. your pet peeve has absolutely zero relivence in the quote or its substance. and i agree you are wrong on all accounts except the last. "A lack of innovation and inability to achieve success have nothing to do with unstable mental health"

11. coynejeremy

Take it easy. Of course I'm not talking about the original post. I never claimed you were wrong in your critique of Frank. At this point in the season I don't really care very much about who Frank is playing or not playing heavy minutes. What I care about is this 'insanity' quote. I can't stand it because the definition of insanity is this:
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" is not a definition of insanity, but it is arguably an example of insanity (using the meaning described in definition 3 above).

And about Einstein - to say that something is "attributed" to Einstein means that someone once claimed that Einstein said it but doesn't have a reference to back it up. So really it means we don't know who said it. Here's a great example of what I'm talking about.
    Einstein never said that… | Ben Shoemate

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It should be noted that his theory of relativity was silent on marrying relatives.

13. Mark V

Mark V Bench Warmer

They played pretty well but they got killed on the boards. No clue why coach refused to put Drummond and Monroe together when they were getting beat on the boards. I mean, Maxiell was playing well but he was getting boxed out by the bigger forwards. Meanwhile, Drummond had the most rebounds in limited time and he was out there altering shots left and right.

roscoe36 likes this.
  14. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I agree, getting 10 assist with a starting SG who can't buy a bucket? And with the rest of the starters who can only make 15% of shots from outside 12 footers, I'll said Knight did a good job. Not a great job but a good job.

15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

To me it seems the Pistons go after offensive rebounds much harder than defensive boards. They do everything short of diving from half court to hit the offensive glass while they stand and watch on D.

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

It isn't his stats that are the problem, it is just watching him play. I want the PG to take some ownership and focus on getting guys scoring when their shots aren't falling. That is playing at a high level.

17. copper

copper Bench Warmer

He did everything but bounce it off their foreheads and in to get them hoops, he was driving and dishing to wide open players who either missed or hesitated. This cannot be attributed to him.

del likes this.
  18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Isiah wouldn't meet some folks standards for PG these days..... Folks grade tough :P

del and roscoe36 like this.
  19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Driving and dishing isn't the point. I'm saying going out of his way to get Greg Monroe positively involved because we're the Pistons and this is paramount to our success.

You fault the coach for playing the same dumb lineups but praise our PG for running the same unsuccessful plays.

20. copper

copper Bench Warmer

ok I give, how does he get the players more involved?