Phoenix March 24 7:30PM

Discussion in 'March 2008' started by max, Mar 24, 2008.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

15 and 10 is not even close to domination. And those are his highlight games recently. Amare was way more frightening last night.

I'm not ripping on Shaq, cause he has had a great run and he is still a productive player, but it is just strange to see him on the court and not have the game turn into a hack-a-shaq fest.

2. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Believe me, it took me full half to get accustomed with fact that big ben wears cavs jersey. It was really strange to see it.

3. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

I went to the game last night.

Started off in the nosebleed section but then some people my husband know (who work there) got us down to the 8th row of the first section of risers. It felt pretty much like being on the floor to me.

It was an amazing game to be so close. It felt almost like a movie what with the tight game and overtime and I guess because of being so close.

I wish I had some good stories but I was so mesmerized by the experience, it all seems like a blur right now.

The one thing I did notice is that up close the players look even better. Their athleticism is more impressive, their quickness is astounding, their force in bodying each other so palpable that you feel it.

From so close, Nash looked shockingly efficient - like not one wasted movement at all. And Sheed also had the efficiency of movement plus he is graceful in a way I hadn't noticed from TV. The block on Amare was amazing and I had just the right angle.

What a game to get that kind of upgrade!

4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

That's Awesome cras!

5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

u mean without me...???...:hurt:

6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

it was hilarious,,,,Sheed backed up saying "You cant stop me".. and then gave the "u have a teenyweenie" sign....:pound::pound::pound:

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Yeah, I don't read the boxscores before doing my posts. It seemed like he got more rest than that. And it seemed like we did ok with him off the floor, which to me is important because I think if Billups sees the team is ok without him then he can relax a bit while sitting on the bench. I think I will go check the log and see how much rest he got in the second half.

Ok, Billups got a bit more than 4.5 minutes rest in the 2nd half. But it started at the end of the 3rd quarter, went thru the quarter break, and then thru a timeout. Just seemed like a long time in all.

8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

you have got to get a dvr or tivo system...his is the 21st century..no mora vcraa!

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I have siad on 3 occasions this year that while I love Rip 2004, who would get a minimum 8 FTA's a game, I know this aint a 42mpg Rip. If Flip hadnt any boiledeggs, he'd give Rip the first 7 minutes of the first, the last 3 of the second, the first 6 of the 3rd and the last 5 of the 4th. I dont see why he needs to play more tahn 28 MPG!

10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Crastinator, congrats! Looks like the Fiance got a promotion! :)

11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

The blur part is so true. i went to Isiah JLA game vs The Knicks and it was 90degrees in there..and as great a game as it was and Ive seen it on Tv 10 times, all i physically remember is meeting Dave Bing, high fiving the entire section I was sitting with and the Isaih 90 second blur. I REALLY do NOT remeber us losing this game...:pound:

12. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Your numbers add up to 21 minutes, not 28. Are you following in the footsteps of that notorious Barbie doll version that said "Math is hard"? :heh: :sssh:

13. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

You are so right on. That is why I don`t like sitting to far from the action at a basketball game. You see things that you just don`t see watching on TV!!

14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Suns think they got the short end of the referrees stick

Suns lose to Pistons in OT, 110-105 | EastValleyTribune.com

15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I didn't really see Sheed all that concerned about PHO and their foul situation. He looked more interested in demonstrating the size of Amare's manhood.

Also, i don't remember GH being the whiny type. Must be in the PHO water.

16. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Wow.

A win against the Pistons would have put them 1/2 game out of 1st place in the west, the loss put them in 5th place.

I would have been fuming too!!!!!!!!

17. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

While he was doing it he said "U too small to guard me!" and then turned to their bench and said "he too small to check me".

18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

No, Mr Grevey....I was just 'concluding' that Rip needs not play 'more ' than 28 minutes. How are the Wildcats doing in your bracket btw??:MusicBigGrin:

19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

If I had done a bracket, I sure wouldn't have had them going very far...actually, in the PF.com challenge last year, I picked against them in the first round, and they ended up losing in the second round, so it didn't hurt me too much. :laugh:

20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I say this is in alll seriousness! Shaq HAS to be the classiest man to ever play sports. Blaha said it just right when he said " Shaq has been fouled more than any man in the history of this game" and the day he 'explodes, I 'd hate to be under the basket". This is so true. I've only seen ,maybe two, occassions when he did an embarrasing scene on the court. He is so respectful of his mom and an excellent example of a man who was respectfully raised by a good man.

He got absolutely WHACKED on that 4th qtr play, though...DanAntoni was hilarious. He is so frenchy-wussie that as mad as he got, he still wasnt tough enough to get kicked out:MusicBigGrin:Like a child being ignored...