Phoenix March 24 7:30PM

Discussion in 'March 2008' started by max, Mar 24, 2008.

1. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Let's just say it wasn't flattering to Amare's manhood. :sssh:
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

PISTONS STOP SUNS STREAK AT SEVEN

Pistons win 110-105 OT

Pistons get win #50 for the sixth straight season by disposing of the streaking Suns who had turned it around after a rocky start after the Cactus-Matrix trade.

The game was barnbuner from the start with the Pistons holding a 1 point lead at the end of 1 and at halftime. The Pistons extended the lead by 3 at the end of the 3rd with Stuckey leading the charge into the 4th with key jumpers. The lead was extended to 83-75, before Nash entered the game and led the Suns comeback as they actually took the lead 94-90 before the Pistons woke up and scored the next six before allowing the Suns to tie it. The Pistons had a chance to win in OT, but a missed shot by Tay was wide.

Billups took over in OT after the Suns went up 103-102 as he acored nine of the Pistons 14 OT points. the Pistons finished the game on a 7-3 run win

Despite CB 1-7 from beyond the arc he lead the Pistons (in Rip's absence) with 32 points including 15-16 from the FT line (if you recall he did not go to the line at all last night in the loss the wizards). SHeed made up the slack from beyond the arc hitting 4 in the first half and one key one down the stretch. He finished with 23 points.

Despite Mr Bigshot heroics, Stuckey really showed why he was Joe's # 1 pick hitting key jumpers from all over the floor. His drives cam up short, but his 30 mins of PT tonight should guarantee 15+ mins in the post season. Alf started in place of Rip and did play some good D on Nash when they were out there together. Hunter returned to slow down the offense in the second, but came back to play some decent D in the 3rd and hit a three ball.

Meaningless stat time
    Pistons now 31-1 when scoring 100 pts or better and 31-0 when scoring over 100.

Only 19 assists tonight...in an OT game.

Second time in the last week that we allow a team to shoot 50% or better and still win (Nuggets last week).

Pistons have now swept at least 4 of the western contenders this season including the Spurs, Suns, Hornets, and Warriors. oh yeah 2 game losing streak ended and
  3. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Our best interior defender showed up again. What a block on Amare! We will go far on defense or we won't go far.

Nice to see Stuckey step up and good minutes from Hunter and Theo.

The kids together played their roles as we had a nice blend of talent used by the coach.

My only complaint is that Amare was allowed to go off late in the game and overtime. I started thinking Big Baby, please make an adjustment. I would have put Maxiel in for Dyss to jam that play up. Dyss gave us good minutes but defense is always the key.

I still worry about Dyss at the start. He is not always active and that leaves Sheed in a foul situation. We cannot afford to get Sheed in foul trouble. He is just too valuable at the end of games.
  4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I am not so sure about that.

AA certainly slowed Nash down a bit in that 1st half, I`m not so sure Rip would haave done that.

In other words, this could have been a loss if Rip had played!
  5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Looks like the theory of AA and winning was in full effect tonight :)

I missed this game. I'm so mad. I stayed up all last night studying for a midterm, came home at 3, woke up exactly at 7:22 today (Piston alarm LOL), was like F the Pistons and went back to sleep.

Anybody tape this? I have NBA league pass so i'm going to see if i can catch it on league pass online. They usually have a 48 hour archive. I have to authenticate it though. Hope it doesn't take long.

I'm crossing my fingers that after tonight this is a back in the rotation thing, and not just a Rip didn't play thing.

edited to add;

On a side note, Is Philly starting to freak anyone else out? Just went into Beantown and took it to the Celts, a 19-0 run in the 4th. Their confidence must be sick right now, and of course we get to play them (most likely) in the 1st round.
  6. linwood

linwood All-Star

I was mostly talking about Dixon. Just kidding!:pound:

I think Rip is an underrated defender. But even without his defense, it's hard for me to believe that we would have done worse with our leading scorer in the game. Unless, of course, Rip had one of those nights. :cold:

Anyway, it's awesome that we can lose our leading scorer, and still beat one of the highest scoring teams in the NBA.

How you like them needles, Big Cactus?
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Stuckey has a jump shot! That is great news.

Fun game all around. We even got a couple calls for once.
  8. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

If they keep winning they'll play Orlando or the Cavs. They're #6 right now, so we wouldn't actually play them.

Playing Toronto would be great. Sheed completely demolishes Bosh usually. I actually don't think I've ever see him go off on us. :MusicBigGrin:
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I don't have proof of it, but I think Bosh has been around 40 a couple times against us.
  10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

League pass online hates me. It won't work. Looks like i'm stuck with the recaps from you guys j/k :).

On a side note, let the whining begin. I can see why SA fans get so annoyed.

11. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

leaguepass do not show up - lets start whining, uh? What a moody girl:pound:
  12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Reading comprehension would help you out tremendously.

Are you stalking me? It seems like your sole pupose in life is to follow me around and comment on what i post. It's flattering, but maybe you should get a hobby.
  13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Now now kids. Play nice. :)

or else :gun1:
  14. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

ah, take it easy,lpgrl, and our main discussion revolves around of roles of some benchplayers. No big deal, actually.
  15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Our "discussion" revolves around you criticizing what i post. I actually try my best to ignore you. Don't make it personal, and i won't either.
  16. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

if you really think that I take personally that I do not agree with you of something pistons-related...I do not know what to say.

Different opinions, but common goal is the same: what do think of our favoured team? Everyone(I believe) wishes just the best to the theam, just ideas, how to make team better, are different.

P.S. What I posted earlier wasn't a good joke.
  17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with me. It's just that you do it in a way that's condescending. Instead of criticizing my posts, you say i'm living in a "fantasy world" or say i'm negative or overdramatic. You rarely criticize the points i make as much as you criticize my thought process.

Your right in that's it not worth arguing about. It's a forum, different ppl, different personalities, etc.
  18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A couple? Suns coach D'Antoni was livid at some of the calls the Pistons got in the 4th qtr and OT.

I want these refs for our playoff games : Joe Forte, Michael Smith and Sean Wright:)
  19. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

After game stoudamire was so frustrated that his kick almost hitted ref, who stood close to him( obviously hittting ref wasn't amare's intetion).
  20. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I thought it was a great game. Because it didn't mean much to our standings and might mean alot to IX, I was conflicted. I can't help it. I like the Phoenix team and I just went to see them play in Seattle. Steve Nash is my favorite player besides AI and Sheed.

It was just a fantastic game. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I'm going to watch it again it was so good. I agree that we got the benefit of the doubt on several calls, but as I don't expect that to happen during the far more important playoff run, I welcomed it. GO PISTONS (sorry Suns...) LOL.