Eagles Philadelphia Eagles Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

True. Why do I even respond to you?

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice (umpteen times) shame on me.
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

They figure out Chip in 3 games. The smart coaches will. Lites out.
  3. Darth Tater

Of course. But other teams are figured out too. Chip is a brilliant coach so the Eagles will win their share this year. 7-9 games but it will get better once Chip gets his players.

I will guess 8-8. Are you looking at another 4-12? ??

Did you see guys faking injuries ion the other team? Guys grabbing a foot and then limping off on the wrong foot. The Redskins are a very good team. That stadium was rocking. very intimidating. RG three running out with the flag after returning from injury. All I am saying is it promises to be an exciting season but this was the guys first game. This was nothing compared to what we will see later.
    By the way. Vegas had the Eagles 50-1 to win the Super Bowl. After yesterday they are 25-1.

They deserve credit for winning an opening game in the road against the division champs after a 4-12 season? You weren't impressed? That is cool. I think you are in the minority right now.

They now play three games in the next 11 days. Challenging. But they could win that division with fewer than 10 games. But I am getting way ahead of myself.

So 8-8. Where are you?
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

As long as Vick is the QB --- 5-12
    That's right, up 1 win from 4-12
    limping off on the wrong foot- maybe he hurt both of them:ill:
  5. Darth Tater

5-12?

The only way they could do that is if they make the playoffs with 4 wins.

Ok. Fair enough. you're thinking 4 or 5.

But. yeah, Vick needs to remain in one piece.

They get the Chargers next week. A very winnable game also.
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  6. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

They'll win several more than the Lions.
  7. Darth Tater

What is wrong with all you Lions fans?? You stuck with them for this long but it is like you are conditioned to failure. I know I jumped ship after what was literally a half century of heartbreak and eventual despondency, but you guys don't seem to realize what everyone else does... THE LIONS HAVR A PRETTY GOOD TEAM. Geez people you won your opening game against bloody Adrian Peterson. You may as well put your allegiance with another team. The Fords are uncaring idiots but I think the fans also play a part.

Start enjoying your team. You have no reason to be unhappy with these guys. This isn't the team that mostly sucked since the late 50's. start showing some passion for your boys. Do you see how much I love MY team. They've sucked too they tick me off sometimes but Im supporting them. I guess I needed to become an Eagles fan or I would be like you.

Can you say STAFFORD, SUH, CALVIN AND REGGIE???

Lions a(a solid) 1-0
    Bears (barely 1-0)
    Vikings 0_-1
    Packers 0-1

Sheesh guys your team are winners in first place. Act like it. Get behind your team. Passion!!
    linwood and coynejeremy like this.
  8. Darth Tater

Just found this:

USA Today NFL Power Rankings:

#11 Detroit Lions next game @ #26 Arizona Cardinals

#12 Philadelphia Eagles home vs. #21 San Diego Chargers

Next weeks ranking will be...

Remember The Jeffersons theme song anyone? :)
  9. Nemo

Lions will lose against the Cardinals.
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

They haint beat the Cards in 4 years. Yeah I'm worried.
    Lions shot themselves so many times in the foot against Vikes they got no lower leg !
  11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

STAFFFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. Darth Tater

LeSean "Shady" McCoy. He is NOT this person...perhaps nobody else ever will be ...so don't MISquote me on this but

Slippery and tremendous lateral movement...

When was the last time you saw something like that...??

Even THE man himself said the sky is the limit for this kid.
  13. Darth Tater

They finally broke their road losing streak against the Redskins and I don't think they will be ready for the "Arizona" Cardinals. Besides, as Woody might say, they don't even know where St. Louis is.

Yeah, as an aside, don't you hate it when teams switch cities but keep the same logo?

At least the Baltimore franchise had the sense to become the Ravens instead of the Baltimore Browns (when the team moved to Baltimore from Cleveland) although actually they had no choice because the rights to the Browns name were being held in trust for three years while a new stadium was being built on the site where the old one used to be (and then the Cleveland Browns were reformed as an expansion team).
    But maybe instead of the Ravens they would have liked to become the Baltimore Colts again but couldn't because stupid Indianapolis took the Colts name after leaving Baltimore.

But back to Arizona, they took the Cardinals name when the team left St. Louis for Arizona but then when Tbe Los Angeles Rams moved to St. Louis we had the St. Louis Rams because their Cardinal name was taken.

Of course after the Los Angeles RAMS joined the league the NFL had TWO teams in Los Angeles when the Oakland Raiders were snuck out of Oakland by Al Davis into Los Angeles. But of course they later became the Oakland Raiders again.

Argh. So damned confusing. I still get mixed up momentarily sometimes but I think I remembered that all correctly. Or close enough, lol.

Now while we are having fun, I never liked the boring plain Brown uniforms and lack of a logo on the Ckeveland Browns uniform. But the Browns fans fight like crazy not to have it change. The team was named after their first coach Paul Brown ( who later founded and coached the Cincinatti Bengaals ( Luckily for Cleveland his last name wasn't Washington or that would REALLY have caused confusion.The Cleveland Washingtons)?

So the NFL used to be the NFL AND AFL before merging and becoming the NFL comprised of the NFC and AFC ( where the NFL TEAMS became the NFC and the AFL teams became the AFC). . But do you remember the three exceptions that left the previous NFL after the merger to become part of the AFC in order to even up the numbers)?
    Answer below. I think the moves were voluntary, but THAT I can't recall.

The Baltimore Colts, Pittsburgh Steelers, and Cleveland Browns.
  14. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Whoops, what I meant to say was:

Ziggggggggggyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. Nemo

Yea...it always bothered me when the Puxatony Eagles moved to Philadelphia.........

[​IMG]
    Darth Tater likes this.
  16. Darth Tater

Turn in a sports channel, a radio station or someone on the street. If they are talking NFL you will inevitably hear about the Eagles. Suddenly they are. Huge favorites in their next game. All arrows are pointing to an Eagles victory. San Diego is a poor team coming off a heartbreaking Monday night loss after blowing a three touchdown lead.

BUT..can they duplicate or improve on last Mondays victory in their divisional rivals home (Detroit lions fans know how difficult this is to win at Washington).

It all seems to good to be true. Is it? This game isn't the true test but it promises to add to the Eagles aura should they win. A very exciting time to be an Eagles fan and other fans of NFL football. It was just one game but that is what we anticipated from Chip Kelly. So far so good. Personally, I am living in the moment and loving it.

Two games inthe next seven days. :football::greenapple:

I type on an iphone ( no taptalk whatever that is) but can someone please explain how I was able to get the Smileys menu to come up?I must've hit a button by mistake and they did but I would like to use them again in the future. Thanks.
  17. Nemo

Had to break out the Philly Kool-Aid Man..............

[​IMG]
    Darth Tater likes this.
  18. Darth Tater

Tough loss. Stupid kicker should have recovered that fumble and nailed his first kick. Decense was a joke. Need lots in the draft next year. Nothing against vick he is playing well but the Eagles need to get a young quarterback in there Who can run this offense even better. It will be a tough year will doubtless there will be more losses like this. So you don't need to say it Nemo. :)

Okay but really guys… LaShawn McCoy -Barry Sanders. ??? Really the guy is good. Damned good. If he's stays healthy in this offense the sky is the limit.

But really the Leshaun and Barry. If he can be 3/4 the man Barry was the Eagles are in for some good times.
  19. Nemo

Remember Darth...........at LEAST 3 more wins than the Lions.
  20. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I don't know which loss was worse, the Lions taking what the Cards were giving [playing safe] a loss. Or the Eagles giving up 31 at home !
    By the way points are up. 16x20 = 320, 16x30 = 480