Eagles Philadelphia Eagles Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Bill...i do believe someone is stuffing the ballot box. This is a bigger scandal than Watergate. Bigger than the hanging chads. Bigger than the Loch Ness and Bigfoot scandals. Bigger even than the suden dissapearence of Wiggles!! Hell, this even tops the Larry Brown screwing over of Darko scandal!!!!

Alright,you're killing me. Whoever is doing the aforementioned deed...a pattern is developing and I think I know who it might be...But I AM positive that you will be striking again on this post, due to you being the wise acre you are! But I've got it under constant surveillance so you won't get away with it this time!!!
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  2. Darth Tater

I know...caught you bloody red handed!

HA!! You can't fool ME...

cut it out...

JAMMER!!!
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  3. Darth Tater

STOP!!!!! Lmao... And don't you dare!!!!
  4. Darth Tater

Bell got taken 2nd round by Pittsburgh. But anyhow, Philly appears to have running backs coming out of their wazoo.
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  5. Darth Tater

Eagles lost WR Maclin and now a lineman to torn ACL's. not a good start, in that regard, for training camp. Those things Add up quickly and hopefully there is no more piggybacking.

Well, Donovan McNabb is retiring And Eagle. What a great leader and great guy to boot. Without a doubt one of my most favorite players! His Eagles Jersey is still the only one I wear.

Who will be the quarterback? I hope it isn't sick because I want one of the young guys to do it. Barkley or Foles. Vick will not learn how to hold a football suddenly or learn to get rid of the ball or slide or any of those other things he doesn't do right.

I'm excited for the season to begin.

I hope the Eagles have a great season and that the Lions have one too!! We shall see. We shall see.
    BillLaimbeer and Nemo like this.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

SI power rankings have the Lions 23rd and the Eagles 27th.

NFL Preseason Power Rankings - NFL - Chris Burke - SI.com

Lions ranked 26th and Eagles ranked 28th here...

NFL Power Rankings - Top 32 NFL Football Teams - FOX Sports on MSN

Here, it's Lions 23rd and Eagles 25th.

Power Rankings: Loaded Broncos are the favorites, like it or not - NFL - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy

Lions 20th and Eagles 24th at SBnation.

2013 NFL power rankings: 49ers, Seahawks and Broncos are the NFL's elite - SBNation.com

Lions 13th and Eagles 21st at Oddshark...a booking site which looks at strength of schedule.

NFL Football - Power Rankings - July 29, 2013

Looks to me like neither team will finish above .500 according to the national pundits. I think the Eagles can go 6-10...while the Lions are looking at a 5-11...
  7. Darth Tater

Well, That is certainly discouraging.

I think the Eagles will go 7 and 9.

I don't know where to put the Lions. I don't think they will have a very good season either.

Michigan State is going to suck with Maxwell at quarterback again. At least university of Michigan fans will have something to cheer about. Of the four teams I mentioned, I think they will be the only ones to have a good season.
  8. Nemo

The Eagles are the biggest mystery in the NFL this season. Kelly STILL hasn't decided on a QB yet.
    Can he have success in the NFL...or will he run into a brick wall (the pro player).
    The pundits have to look at the fact that the team lost 11 of the last 12 games last season...and go with that.
    The Lions losing the last 8 straight...and just being THE LIONS...makes me wonder how they ranked so HIGH.
  9. Darth Tater

The Eagles, I believe, lost most of those games last year because the players quit on the coach. But these Re many of those same guys. A big mystery it is. I think the offense will score lots of points.
  10. Darth Tater

I hadn't even considered this:

I guess they were saying that we zebras control the tempo of the game not the players so they won't let chip kelly go fast because (( the article stated) the blank refs are scared they can't keep up.

The article said they have no problem catering to the Patriots ( Bill Belichick), however. Also, if the scabs could keep up, why can't the regulars?

At any rate that's very bad news for the Midnight Green. :(
  11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Lions go 7-1 at home 2-6 on road, deal with it.
  12. Darth Tater

I don't know why I even bother replying sometimes. If I had a nickle for every time you came out of left field...
    BillLaimbeer likes this.
  13. Darth Tater

The Eagles lost the preseason opener to a very good New England team featuring Tom Brady. They gave up a lot of points but the mistakes are correctible.

Chip Kelly's players only committed a couple of penalties.

People are excited despite the loss. Vick was excellent and Foles very good. They played vanilla of course, but even so seemed to score easily. Is Desean Jackson back to his old self? That long touchdown pass from Vick sure was a positive sign.

The biggest concern is at cornerback. They have guys capable of playing well but no Reevis.

They are the mystery team of the NFL. I remember nemo stating that he didnt see them doing much because of the coaches. I agreed with his concern. The bozos are gone and I think Chip Kelly "gets it". There will be some bumps this season but I think they are definitely headed in the right direction.

The rookie first rounder,Lane Johnson played fantastic. I think the quarterbacks are going to get some protection with him and the returns of Jason Peters, Todd Heremanns AND center Kelce.

The team needs to stay healthy as all teams do.

It should be a lot of fun when they play the Lions. Last year both teams sucked so nobody in here was really into it. Good Luck, Lions. I hope you go 15-1.

Maybe if we put both of our teams wins together we can reach 15. Wins, I mean. It may be fun to keep track of.

Combined (Leos and Eagles) of 14.5. Over or under, guys? Nemo? Laimbeer, TFD? Anyone else who frequently loses their way and mistakenly ends up in this thread.

I will take the UNDER but just by a smidgen.
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think both teams may be good for 8-8, so I will take OVER the 14.5 combined wins line.
  15. Nemo

From 8 wins combined to 15........

Seems like an Alfred Hitchcock movie.............:bigeyes:
  16. Darth Tater

Always elusive. Like trying to catch a fish in the ocean with your teeth. Cast your vote, Namor Mckenzie.
  17. Nemo

Eagles might win 7.......so that would make 10-11 total........
  18. Darth Tater

WHAT? The Lions winning 3 or 4? Surely you jest?

...I know, I know... Don't even bite on that...Laimbeer would (shall)? go there but don't you stoop to his level, fish lips.
  19. Nemo

When asked what does the best grilling...Weber or LP............I tell em BillLaimbeer.....:)
  20. Nemo

Just some fantasy info........by Scott Pianowski

Overvalued: Michael Vick. Vick has played one full season in the NFL - that's *one* over a ten-year career. He's rushed for two piddly touchdowns over the last two years. He probably handed out four turnovers while you were reading this graph. I'm not in love with the skill players in Philadelphia, either. Go ahead and talk yourself into Vick, and good luck.

Overvalued: Tom Brady. You never say never with Tom Brady, but he's 36 and dealing with his weakest receiver group since 2006. I'll have to really like the price before I spend on him - and this is coming from a New England fan and a University of Michigan fan. Pick with your head, not with your heart.

Undervalued: Alex Smith. Andy Reid passes to set up the pass, and the Chiefs have some fun puzzle pieces to play with (especially Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe). Alex Smith is a super target for your QB2, and he might sneak into the QB1 discussion at some point in 2013.