Eagles Philadelphia Eagles Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Damnit. The Lions got screwed bad so they will get all of the calls against the Eagles next week.

Didn't that happen about 3 years ago? I seem to recall the Ravens being the victim the next week...or maybe the beneficiaries of the Lions getting screwed?

Eagles got BIG problems. Big.

Fans already starting to call for Kolbs head. :pound: Will there be a qb controversy with Vick soon? Now?

The Center already out for the year. It killed them last year. Fullback Weaver out too.

McNabb beat the Cowboys last night. That had to hurt the Eagles brass. Are you happy now, Desean Jackson? Are u sure you didn't lose anything going from McNabb to Kolb? But it is early. Only one game. But lose to the Lions and...:messer:

McNabb must be :pound::pound::pound:today.

Michigan here I come. (Leaving for there tomorrow, so I may not be have access to a computer).
  2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I really like the Eagles new uniforms.
  3. Darth Tater

I am so glad they will be wearing the regular midnight Green ones against the Lions instead of Kelly green.

I'm hearing Stafford won't play against the Eagles next week. That he won't need shoulder surgery but will be out 4-6 weeks. :(

No official word, but that's the latest.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Now that Darth is leaving we should close this thread until he gets back. :)
  5. Darth Tater

NOT.

Your school is looking for you, dogfish face. How did you get separated? They are in another thread. Why don't you join them??? :stirthepot::pound:
  6. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Well, that was ugly. Kolb looked like a deer in the headlights, no good decision making, no good anything really. Vick at least gave us a little spark, a little something something to keep you interested. He is way faster this year than last. Still like his legs more than his arm. I have a feeling its going to be a long long season.
    I LOVE the old school green uniforms. I even wore as old school shirt today, still representin' even in a loss, a really bad one too.
    Donovan wasn't all that great last night. Dallas gave that one away.
    Don't worry Darth, we'll be all right. Somehow, someway.
    And have a good time at the game.
    Oh yeah, I watched the 4th quarter of the Detroit Lions game yesterday. They got absolutely screwed big time. That was an a friggin joke of a call, I don't care what anybody says, that was a TD.
  7. Darth Tater

If Vick starts, Detroit won't be caught off guard like Green Bay was. Vick can run. Not throw. He is a lousy passer. That is going to neutralize our star receivers Desean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin.

Plus who is going to replace Center Jamaal Jackson? That killed us last year too. I think it is going to be Mike McGlinn.

McNabb's gotta be rolling on the floor laughing in hysterics right now.

Damn!!! Prediction:
    If the Lions use Stanton to replace Stafford the Eagles will lose. If they use whats his face, the Eagles will win. :gaah:
  8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Lions are absolutely HORRIBLE against athletic QBs that can run. If Vick plays, we're going to get CREAMED. If Vick doesn't start, we're gonna get beat, but slighly less embarrassingly.

Unless Hill gets injured or throws 6 INTs, I doubt we'll see Stanton.
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good call. Scrambling quarterbacks have historically killed the Lions.

Except for the last drive, the Lions play-calling got extremely conservative with Hill at QB....didn't really give him a chance, in my opinion.
  10. Darth Tater

11. Darth Tater

12. Nemo

Goodbye Darth...Have a safe trip...

[​IMG]

Let's close this puppy....
  13. Darth Tater

@ nemo :smiley_hug:
  14. Darth Tater

This should be a great game. :fingerscr[SIGN]Go Eagles[/SIGN]
  15. Nemo

Ernie Sim's last victory was December 23rd, 2007. He has lost 29 games in a row that he's played in. In 2008, the Lions Lost all 16 games. In 2009, The Lions won 2 games, but Ernie Sims didn't play in those 2 due to injury. He's lost his first game of 2010. Think of it...There's been thousands of players to play in the NFL during its history and only one can have the PERSONAL record for the longest losing streak. My guess is that he's bad luck.

I still figure that the Lions will lose, even with Ernie Sims gone, cause our luck is worse...
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I sat Megatron, need a monster game. Sacrifices must be made.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Wow, that Sims streak is ugly. Clearly, there is some bad luck in there... getting drafted by the Lions for instance.
  18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Darth, I hope you had an awesome day. I checked the score late in the afternoon, and I was pleased you got to see an Eagles victory.

Enjoy your trip my friend.
  19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Last week during the Packers/Eagles games, the announcers mentioned that Sims used to play for the Lions and one of them said "He got saved" in the offseason.

Darth, congrats on being able to see an entertaining game....and a Eagles win.
  20. Darth Tater

Thanks, Scoe man and Bill.

Lions scared me to death at the end. I thought they showed guts not to give up. Either that or the Eagles just stink. Best is a beast. Vick did well, hate him or not.

I am so mad at myself that I didn't wear my Eagles jersey. There were hundreds or maybe thousands of Eagles jerseys there.

Couldn't believe the number of gorgeous sexy ladies at the game. Luckily my wife didn't catch me looking. ALMOST couldn't concentrate on the game.

Seemed like 1/3 of the Lions fans left the game after they failed to convert fourth and one. Dumb. They missed an exciting finish. Also the boo birds are already out. That can't help the team. i hope they win their next 14 games. Oh, Calvin Johnson is awesome too.

My wife ticked me off big time. She pretty much switched alliances to the Lions during the game. She never liked the Eagles much anyhow. Plus she forgot her Eagles rosary I purchased from Kim.

Ford Field is awesome. Great view of the game. My seats were fantastic. i guess my friend spent $133 a pop. Thank you. My only complaint is parking was $40.00. Maybe because we were a stones throw from the field?

Having a great time in Michigan. I miss it. Will be back Tuesday night. great football weekend for me. Cowboys lost and Sparty and the Eagles won. My fantasy team won too. Life is good. :)