Eagles Philadelphia Eagles Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

So Bill feels the coach is the second coming...:bs:

I believe he's the second coming of Wayne Fontes. :bow1:

2. Nemo

I looked at the season ending power rankings and the Lions are 28th...with the Eagles finishing 29th.
    If the Eagles finish 10-6 next season...they would finish around 9th-11th. That's a nice improvement.

8-8 would put them at 15th-17th...not a bad improvement.

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Kelly is bringing several assistants from Oregon. No NFL guys yet. Supposedly he is trying to get Micjigan States past Defensive Coordinator to go pro. He needs some NFL guys but I think Lovie Smith wants to enjoy his Chicago Bears income for a year.

Kelly says whatever system he uses will be whatever puts his players in the best position. I think he will adapt well to the NFL eventually if not right away.

I think we can make much better predictions next Summer., but I will guess 6-10 for now.

Morninwheg may be headed for the Jets. Haha.

Juan Castillo is slated to be offensive line coach on another squad How sad is it that Eagles fans are talking about next year. Damn. I did this Last year for this year. Well with the old coaches gone there actually is some hope. It's all I have for now.

4. Nemo

Philly need a miracle now. Moses may be able to save the franchise. Wearing green and white can help.

[​IMG]

5. Darth Tater

Kelly...Moses...do you see the connection? Both names have four letters...this will be a slam dink!

Speaking of green and white I had never heard of the mo or Coraline until we watched it yesterday. I love the Michigan stuff, especially the dads Michigan State shirt. Btw...I like animated stuff or whatever that was, but the show SUCKED!!

6. Nemo

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I like how Eagles can sell a backup QB every other year. Lions should try that.
    Vick is done. Once a QB gets involved with T/Os it's over.
    If he's your QB, - 4-12

Darth Tater likes this.
  8. Darth Tater

Yep! Chip Kelly is scaring me. Plus why the hell pick assistants from Cleveland.

Won't happen, and I hate to say it, but Shoelace intrigues me. Guess he can't pass so he is going WR.

This year is a disaster waiting to happen. I know the Philadelphia media questions these moves. They may be sorry they didn't pick that defensive coordinator who went to Jacksonville.

Will Peters be his pre injury self on the O-line?

Well...they say Kelly is brilliant. We shall see. My expectations are low. 6-10.

9. Nemo

10. Darth Tater

Vick is too dumb as a quarterback. He can't think fast. He panics and then runs or throws a bad pass. Inevitably causing a turnover. I'm shocked Kelly wanted him. Just tAke your few good pieces and rebuild around them. This team will not win with Vick.

I admit it. I jumped from the frying pan into the fire. Iat this time I do not have any expectaio as above 6 wins for this team. The only thing that could save them is to find a quarterback. Foles won't work in Kelly's offense. Vick out. dennis Dixon A long shot to restore the Oregon magic. draft one? trade? are there any out there? They need to get serious. I don't think this will work.

11. Darth Tater

The Eagles just signed a FIFTH quarterback!! Are you freaking kidding me??

Maybe all of those guys put together would equal one decent quarterback. I think I'm going to be sick.

12. Nemo

13. Darth Tater

Good stuff fishy, it really breaks it downfield you.
    The question remains, though, cAn Vick pull it off. I'm thinking this offense will be great... Or totally suck l. I don't see a middle ground. But we need a cerebral quart back with a nice arm.

14. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

OMG!
    ...dryer lint!

[​IMG]

linwood likes this.
  15. Darth Tater

Y
    You continue to post these frivolous pictures in this thread. You've made it quite clear time and time again that you view this thread itself as frivolous. Probably to at least 90% of the members here it is and sometimes we joke about that. But to me and a couple of other people it is interesting.

The first couple of pictures were funny but it gets old after a while and it seems clear that You don't like the thread. But you don't have to read it. I'm fairly certain that the forum rules do not prevent me from having a thread like this but it does seem that continuously dumping in somebody's thread or on their posts isn't tolerated.

I've asked people, including you, I believe, to stop posting irrelevant pictures because it do take it as a personal attack. Others respected my request but you continue to do it. Perhaps I am missing the point of your posts. If you feel they do serve a non-malicious purpose than please let me know. Maybe my perspective is wrong.

If you do have a constructive purpose, or feel that this thread really bothers you, although I do believe you can block it so that you never again see it) then, please send me a private message where you and I can discuss it in private. Thanks.

16. BallDon'tLie

Yes, your perspective is wrong.
    Absolutely NO malicious intent ...intended.
    If I made a thread about learning to speak Korean; (understanding that there is a pretty narrow audience for a thread like that), I think I'd undestand that people might tease me for my self serving thread in a good-natured way.
    Please know that I come here to have fun. I have no intention of ever being malicious toward anyone. If that was the case, I wouldn't be here.

I appologize if I offended you by posting the occasional random photograph in your thread. It's just my weird way of saying that I like you and I enjoy reading your posts.

Have a nice day. :yo:

17. Darth Tater

Oh, ok. I'm sorry...really. I know ive always got along great with you, and it bothered me ( ok...hurt my feelingsand ticked me off a bit) that you would do something to try to prevent me from using this thread. I really don't have anyone to talk Eagles with in a Idaho ( let alone pocket lint) because it seems to me a disproportionate number of people here are so damned ignorant. On the whole I am more comfortable exchanging thoughts with people from Detroit and other areas (yes, even Canada) :) around the globe.

Really,if I had thought about it I would have sent you a private message. I just didnt want this to become a garbage thread or a forum to attack me. You guys know I dish out a bunch, and take a lot I'd crap in return from everyone. I live it. It looks like
    I am the one who owes YOU the apology and please continue to post funny pictures. I admitted laugh at some of them and now that I know your intentions weren't bad I can do so without feeling attacked or that you find something wrong with me posting here.

In all honesty I thought it would match the longevity of my Chapstick thread, but people like nemo and TFD, and (susy...been so long I forgot her name) either enjoy this thread/topic or at least are indulging me in my interests.

So I'm really sorry and please carry on as usual! :)

18. BallDon'tLie

No appology needed Tate.
    This forum is AWESOME at being an outlet to discuss Pistons, sports, Eagles, movies, bacon, Korean, -whatever.
    ...to each his own man.

I don't really follow football that much. My extent of football fandom consists of watching the Lions get beat on Turkey Day and making my TPG selections each week based on random news/opinions that I pick up here and there. I follow the NFL just enough to be able to fake my way through a conversation in the event that the subject comes up with a client during work. I guess I root for the Lions and Broncos (the Denver ones not the Boise ones you so despise) due to the fact that I care deeply about those two cities and think what a Superbowl would mean to them.

However, I will admit that when I'm flipping through the channels on Sunday and I see the Eagles playing on the boob tube, I think of you and your family. All things being equal, I'll find myself pulling for Philly cuz I know that somewhere out there in Idaho, you and the rest of the Taters will be happy with a victory.

...then I'll change the channel and watch Portlandia or something. :burgereater:

Last but certainly not least, here's a picture of an alpaca:
    [​IMG]

coynejeremy likes this.
  19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice find. Was this from an anonymous source?

20. Darth Tater

I bet it was from Wiggles. Although it does bear a remarkable resemblance to JammertimeI?

...Ir really set myself up for this, didnt I? The sharks smelled blood. Lol.