Eagles Philadelphia Eagles Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jul 25, 2010.

1. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I found a really nice picture of a soap dish...

[​IMG]
    linwood likes this.
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Eagle D was the only thing working ! You were holding teams to 17 pts.
    It was the shame of losing to the Lions that sent it over the top.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

[​IMG]

Monday Nightmare: Megatron fizzles

Adam Rank | Tags: Calvin Johnson, Jay Cutler, Matt Forte, Matthew Stafford, Monday nightmare, Titus Young
    Anybody who needed a minimum of four points from Calvin Johnson on Monday night must have felt pretty good about their chances. Yes, Megatron has had trouble getting into the end zone this season (seriously, one touchdown?), but a mere 40 yards? Megatron does that in his sleep, right?
    Oh no, wrong!
    Johnson finished with 34 receiving yards, or just 3.4 fantasy points. That’s Titus Young territory, not what you expect from a guy you drafted in the first round.
    Seriously, I thought people were losing their minds when I got Tweets asking if they should start James Jones over Megatron this weekend. It’s telling when a waiver-wire guy is viewed as a better start compared to a receiver who went in the FIRST ROUND. Now you can’t even count on him to come through for you on Monday night?
    Look at this poor chap who just needed a decent, almost pedestrian performance from Megatron and Matthew Stafford of the Lions.

Been there, pal.
    Somebody on Twitter asked me if this was Johnson’s worst performance in his career, but it wasn’t even his worst performance in the last calendar year. Johnson fizzled with a 29-yard performance against the Vikings last year in Week 14, the opening weekend of the fantasy playoffs. I remember thinking how mad I would have been in one of my leagues (considering it was the first round of the playoffs) had I not received a bye.
    If those of you who have Johnson want a piece of good news, it should be noted Megatron had 760 receiving yards and four touchdowns in the three games after that Week 14 debacle. So you have that.
    Not that it helps you much right now, anyway. This is a safe place. This is a place where we can talk about those fantasy stars who hurt us on Monday night. Consider this one big therapy session, and this is your therapy couch. Let us know if Jay Cutler, Matt Forte or even Jason Hanson hurt you. You’ll feel better if you let it out, like these nice folks.

owners with Calvin Johnson now?” Well, you can’t bench him. I know I’m going to get a lot of questions about him. But trust me, it’s easier to take a loss when Johnson scores 3.4 points, instead of losing because you benched him and he scored 22.10 points. Trust me, I know what that’s like. So keep him in your lineups and in fact, I’d see if you could swindle him from some frustrated owner. I know I’m going to try to get him.
    For the record, you can submit your fantasy questions to NFL Fantasy Live, Michael Fabiano or me on Twitter. Bu
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

@Thee -That guy is just whining becauseuse he lost. I didn't have that problem. Funny how he said to try to swindle him from a frustrated owner,. LOL.

Yeah, the eagles are stuck on 17. But they know if they lose this one they better start booking their Fishing appointments. Although he has been distracted this week, Reids bye record is too good to ignore. But I've lost confidence in Vick And if they lose they better take his starting job And I think they will put In Foles. If they had a decent offensive line they probably already would have done that already. They must think Vick sucks or they would have fired Morninwheg already. I think they will beat Atlanta but It is only one game. They have plenty of time afterr this to mess things up.

Even though their record is not as bad as the Lions they know they better get this game. Hopefully their results are better than Detroit's Against Chicago.

As of this moment, they are saying it is looking like It will take 10 victories to earn a wild-card spot. The team is not looking good for tiebreakers Although they have not messed up in the division yet. Of course, they've only had one chance to mess
    up there.
  5. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

The Eagles are at the crossroads right now. Even though they're at 3-3...everybody knows the playoffs are a huge reach.
    Their point differential stands at -22...which is the 2nd worst in the NFC. They also lead the NFL in turnovers.
    The problem is that their playing an opportunistic team this week. The Falcons have the 2nd best turnover rate in the NFL.
    They would be first, except the Bears passed them on Monday Night. Even that team the Bears played (Lions)...who seems to enjoy
    making mistakes...had a field day against the Eagles. The Lions who seem to avoid interceptions...got 2 off of Vick.
    My guess is that the Eagles fall to below .500 this week...and Coach Andy Reid can start shopping for property in the greater
    San Diego area...as his coaching options suddenly open at the end of the season. Looks like Morninwheg has a new head coaching gig...
  6. Darth Tater

My locker room source ( call me Wiggles) tells me that the Eagles are very seriously considering benchingPhiladelphia Eagles Likely to

Bench Michael Vick, Start Nick Foles
    By Michael Dulka on October 29, 2012

Rich Schultz/Getty Images
    The Philadelphia Eagles, according to Fox29's Howard Eskin, are reportedly ready to make a change at quarterback and bench Michael Vick in favor of Nick Foles. After a tough 3-4 start, the Eagles have already hired a new defensive coordinator and will look for another spark with Foles.

Eskin tweeted about the likely switch here:

Howard Eskin

@howardeskin
    #eagles Andy Reid met with coaches after game on sunday to discuss QB situation. Meet again Mon Morn. I'm told likely QB change to Foles.
    28 Oct 12
    Through seven games this year, Michael Vick has 10 total touchdowns (nine passing, one rushing) compared to 13 turnovers (eight interceptions, five fumbles). The likely switch comes at an odd time with Vick having a turnover-less game against the Atlanta Falcons.

Eskin tweeted the reasons for making the switch:

I'm told Vick made 2 bad audible mistakes on calls and has same problems each wk. Reid leaning 2 change at QB bcause Vick not getting better

— Howard Eskin (@howardeskin) October 29, 2012

While Vick hasn't been very good this season, it is hard to imagine that a rookie quarterback can come into the team and have a big impact. At 3-4 in a wide open NFC, the Eagles can't afford to give away games while letting a rookie quarterback get acclimated to the league.

This could be a move of desperation for Andy Reid, whose seat is getting hotter and hotter. A couple of strong performances with Foles at the helm may be enough to keep Reid around after this season.

Rob Carr/Getty Images
    The Eagles play at New Orleans next week against a very up-and-down Saints team, and then return to Philly to host the Dallas Cowboys. Both games will be tough with a rookie quarterback making his first two starts.

This is an extremely high risk move for Reid. He needs Foles to play extremely well to save the season, or at least well enough to impress the front office.

Vick was asked (h/t USA Today) about a potential move before the game, saying:

"Obviously [Reid is] thinking about making a change at the quarterback position. If that's the decision Coach wants to make, then I'll support it."

Apparently, the time has come and now we will see how supportive Vick is of the move. Foles will certainly need the help on the practice field and in the meeting rooms.

The quarterback switch isn't likely to solve the problems for the Eagles. They got blown out by the Falcons because their defense couldn't cover anybody and looked largely uninterested in tackling anyone on the field. A quarterback switch is likely an admission that this season is already lost.

7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Eagles aren't too far out of the playoff picture. Once the NFC North teams (Lions, Bears, Vikings, Packers) start beating each other up, Philly could easily slide into the playoffs....provided they win 6 or 7 more games, of course.
  8. Darth Tater

If you listen to just about anyone Philidelphia They are saying that the Eagles are toast. Not because of their record but because there are too many Individuals playing for themselves and not the team. They are saying that the players have given up. They talk about how overrated the team is. How bad the are on both sides of the ball. It is very disheartening. They do not have any leaders. They do not seem to care about losing.

No Bill, I think the answer is that I have cursed another team!
  9. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Darth... I have a list of teams I think you should think about adopting as your own

Yankees WhiteSox and RedSox
    Cowboys and Steelers
    Celtics, Heat, and Lakers
    BlackHawks and Avalanche

Thank you for your time.... I'm sure you will be happy with your new teams :D
    linwood and BallDon'tLie like this.
  10. Nemo

Reid playing Vick as starter now is like bringing Valverde in as closer during the WS.
    He must make changes to prevent his ouster at the end of the season.
    Eagles should finish at 6-10 with Foles as their starter...if this really happens.
    Reid probably has stayed in Philly one year too long. Time to bolt for the bolts.........................
  11. Darth Tater

Lol! Great list. I was going to joke about liking the Cowboys in my earlier post but the thought turned my stomach.

Personally I would sub in the lakers and devils though.
  12. Nemo

13. Darth Tater

Yeah. They have serious issues. The players don't seem to care. The coaches are idiots. I say play Foles. The receivers will know the ball is where it should be... assuming the offensive line doesnt screw up. big IF.I don't think they care if Reid gets fired.Asomounga sucks!
  14. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The Eagles are BORING me to death this season.
    I say we need a clean slate, some fresh blood, pink slip everybody at the end of the season, everybody including AR and especially MM, if they end up keeping him I'm gonna croak. I want John Gruden....
    Can't blame it all on Vick, if he had some friggin' time to do something, it is not all his fault. Well, the turnovers have been his fault but at least last Sun that was better.
    I love my team, but I sure as hell am looking forward to basketball starting tomorrow night.......YEAH! Some excitement....(I hope!)
    roscoe36 likes this.
  15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I will predict that Vick is no longer the starting QB next week.
  16. Darth Tater

It really wasn't all Vicks fault. The offensive line was horrendous. But I am all for it.

Ugh. Another season of agony.

That trick play on the kickoff would have been the play of the year. Unbelievable. Too bad they messed it up.

Andy Reid and his entire staff are history. Good riddance. They are much worse without the defensive coordinator they fired. How is that possible?

The Eagles will be lucky to win one more game. Clowns.
  17. Nemo

The numbers are showing that its the running game that is letting them down.
    The single back formation...which was their bread and butter...is now ranked last
    in the league in efficiency. Their offensive line is pitiful. The guy that should be fired is the GM/president.
  18. Darth Tater

I agree on the G.M. The guy reminds me of a weasel when he speaks and he probably was the guy who convinced the owner to let him take over for his predecessor.. The team has fallen apart ever since he took over. But Reid has a ton of say in personnel matters for a coach. But the owner won't fire the General Manager. He is going to need him (to mess it up hiring people) after he fires Reid and the other stooges.

I see very dark days ahead for this organization., Hell, I could have stayed with the Lions if I wanted THIS. DUMB Darth. I deserve it. Sigh. Fool me once...
  19. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's only a game, Darth. :biggrin:
    Nemo and Darth Tater like this.
  20. Darth Tater

Speaking of the weasel, it is being reported he got a 4-5 year contrAct extension when team president Joe BAnner stepped down.

Listening To the Michigan State and Philadelphia press conferences After both teams received killer losses It was apparent to me that Mark Dantonio was very sincere and specific. Read sounded like He was very vague and just giving Boiler plate answers. He would have given even less but the owner got on his butt For the way he treated the media. Mark Dantonio has a lot of class. Andy Reid… Not so much.