Eagles Philadelphia Eagles Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jul 25, 2010.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Skins could be deep at QB with 2 rooks.
    However that Saint D is weak.
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

For a minute there I thought I was watching Michigan State again. But the Eagles showed heart and toughness and a hard-fought physical game. There were almost Donneybrook's brewing throughout the game. The Eagles lost to offense of lineman and the replacements were great. It's a good thing they didn't lose anymore because they would have had to throw in a tight end or something since they were out of offense of lineman.

24-23 Eagles win over an extremely good ravens team. But nine turnovers into games is terrible. The Eagles need to fix that.

2-0. Next up the Cardinals and ex-Eagle Kevin Kolb. The guy who had been slated to be the Eagles starting quarterback until he suffered a concussion in the first game a couple of years.

Go EAGLES!!

AND

Best of luck to the Lions tonight! The Eagles beat a coach Harbaugh today. Now it is the lion's turn.
  3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

2-0
    that house of cards will fold.
  4. Darth Tater

That Eagles thin offensive line against a very good Cardinals Defense.

Eagles need to hurry up Kolb.

Eagles have a poor history against Cardinals.

It's going to be difficult, I think.
  5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Kolb will blow it.
    He should let the ball come to him as Vick is sure to turnover.
    The Cards went to NE and won ??!!!
  6. Darth Tater

Nothing positive to say about this game with the Cardinals.

Michael Vick is sucking. Foles looked really good in the preseason. I think if Vick sucks the next game he will be benched in favor of Foles. When asked if he was considering a quarterback change Reid said not at this point but they will evaluate things as they go. That is no ringing endorsement of Vick

Reid knows that his job is on the line this year. He doesn't have time to mess around.

I hope if Vick does not perform that they make the move. Soon. I want what is best for the Eagles. I have Vick on my fantasy team but wiggles warned me to also get his backup Foles. So I did.

Yesterday was a very dead day in different ways for the Detroit Lions and the Philadelphia Eagles. I was unhappy with both results Although at least the Lions got themselves back in the game.

I am not confident in Andy Reid, Marty Morrningwheg (offensive coach), and juan Castillo (Defense of coach who really should be an offensive coach Still. They all probably need to go at the end of the year if the Eagles Don't go far in the playoffs. They do have a couple of really good coaches who I hope they retain though. I really wish one of the Harbaugh brothers were coaching this team.

No matter what The Eagles flag will still fly in front of my house on game days. I will still wear my Philadelphia Eagles chip jersey On game days and other Times. If Nick Foles becomes quarterback I may even change to the Nike jersey And retire my Donovan McNabb Jersey to the Hall of Fame.

I think that the next game which happens to be against the New York Giants Is going to be huge. It is always a huge game anyhow. But this should tell a lot about where the team is headed. I don't like the way things went last year. The Eagles could easily be 0-3 this season. Maybe we already know. No matter what, win or lose, I am going to be sure to enjoy and appreciate season. :)
  7. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Things scared me a lot were that they were doing the same mistake in this three games. A comfort off season, uhm.
  8. Darth Tater

A great win because it's great to win. You knew that first one was wide.

My wife and kid and two of his friends were watching the game. One friend said he was rooting for the Giants because they were his second favorite team (jets fan). The other kid was rooting for the Eagles because he said they were his second favorite (ravens fan).

The Three teams kept running outside to play football is kids sometimes do. I think to relieve tension and to emulate the players. I'm not sure which order that comes in. Go figure. They missed a lot of good stuff.

So there were four eagles fans to one Giants fan When the room was full.

I don't think anyone was talking much trash during the game.

The Eagles could not score a touchdown with first down and goal at the one. They need to fix that kind of stuff. Quick. They need to score more points but they did well overall. The win is the bottom line I guess.

So they put themselves in a position where Eli Manning-who Is tremendous in those final drives In the fourth quarter when his team is behind- Gets a chance to burn them.

The Eagles were up 19-17. The Giants move up the field after to pass interference calls in a row against the Eagles. One of them was crap. But they give the Eagles an Offensive pass interference call after that one. It could have been legitimate Or a make up call. But it looked like the guy was pulling on the Asomoughas Facemask. This makes it a 54 yard field goal attempt rather than 44 Yards. Tynes Has been perfect in four games this year But 54 yards was a long one for him.

The Giants coach Chooses not to run another play With only 16 seconds left on the clock.

My wife had gone upstairs before the fourth quarter began. Again...go figure. But four of us were watching the field-goal attempt. It was obvious the Field-goal attempt was wide to the left. So Three of us sitting there or going crazy slapping hands and yelling. Then just a few seconds later we found out that Andy Reid try to freeze the kicker and called a timeout Just before the play began. Actually he may have called late but the flag was thrown So For all intents and purposes it was on time. There is a lot of debate about people trying to freeze The kicker. Anyhow, we were shocked. It got quiet fast. We thought The Eagles have one.

So Tynes Goes to kick it again. The kick is dead on center. For a few seconds We thought The Eagles had lost. But then we learned the kick was short. So our team had won.

Three people of the four were very very happy. What a strange feeling thinking your team won the game. What a strange feeling it is being sure your team won the game and then being certain that they had lost the game.

One more yard or two and the kick would have been in. The Eagles have won their three games by a total of four points. Eagles fans are very happy today but most of us realize That The Eagles still have a very long way to go.
    But what a nice feeling! 3-1.

They need to wait improve their special-teams. The Giants We're getting big Yards on punt returns and kick returns. The Eagles were getting nothing on their own returns. They were not opening up holes for the returners.

But no turnovers today!! A huge statistic.

The running game looked great in the second half. The Eagles are finally utilizing the tight end but I think they need to still do it more.

I do not have any more faith in the coaches this week than I had last week.

This weekend was almost a sports disaster for me but what a great ending. Each weekend I have a Triple Crown.

Eagles win=3 points

Spartans win= 2 points

Fantasy Team = 1 point

So it wasn't a bad sports weekend at all with 3 of 6 possible points.

Week one 2/2 (NFL season hasn't started yet)

Week two 6/6

Week three 4/6

Week four 3/6

Week five 3/6

Not a bad football week in the bunch.

I have a couple of teams I love to see lose ( like Dallas and Boise State) And that is just icing on the cake.

The Eagles usually start the year out pretty poorly and finish strong. Who knows what this means?

Next week is a real tough one in Pittsburgh. After that. Guess who????......The LIONS visit Philadelphia.
    brofmfa likes this.
  9. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Gmen have a problem in their division. Should be ok outside.
    Dallas must not have a Pass rush or they would've killed Cut.
    I wish I could talk smack about Lions v Eagles but that would be insane.
  10. Darth Tater

The Eagles will have their hands full. They play Pittsburg who is coming off a bye this week and theLions coming off a refreshing bye the following week so we shall see. The Eagles Have short weeks
    Both times before playing Dallas because they play Monday night the previous weeks

It should be interesting.
  11. Darth Tater

Eagles go on the road to play the Pittsburgh Steelers. They need to get off to A good start. They can't afford to play "ketchup" at Heinz field. :)

This will very likely result in a loss, unfortunately. Road game. Steelers healthy after a bye. Eagles usually play poorly there and Pittsburgh very rarely loses there anyhow. The game will be very physical. Pittsburgh at 1-2 VERY hungry with a 1-2 record.

I really don't think the Eagles are good enough to overcome all of these factors. Ben Rapistberger leads his team to victory. The dog killer convicted criminal who did his time loses to the got away twice with sexual assaults criminal.

Steelers 28

Eagles 17
  12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nemo will be proud.
  13. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

They'll be in more of a 'pickle'...........actually.
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I wonder if Drath will mustard up the courage to talk about his beloved team.
  15. Darth Tater

I still love the Eagles, of course, but I am tired of all of Michael Vicks Turnovers. They easily could have won that game.

The problem is that the Eagles would need to Put in Rookie Foles. I think if vick screws up against the Lions he will be benched. The Eagles have a bye after that. But a rookie quarterback is going to really struggle with an offensive line that is as bad as it is.
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

At least your D is no nonsence.
    Trade Tron to me before you ruin both your seasons.
  17. Darth Tater

So far "Tron" 56 has been a waste of a first round pick. Desan is almost better than him At 67. I knew Not to draft a wide receiver in a first round for the first time in my life But McCoy went one pick earlier.

Tron Is on the first place team but The other guys are carrying him. 4--1 is a nice start. I only lost came against you and you scored Around 30 points higher than your next highest Game And almost triple your total from the prior week. Last Year I started With opposite numbers and barely made the playoffs. But it turned out well.

Next week I play debt team. A very tough opponent Who may be the highest scoring player out there. That could Knock me Right off my high horse. I'm just messing around Talking junk anyhow. I know how random this stuff is.
  18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Dept tore me a new one this week. I have 3 teams at NFL.com and they're winning with 70 pts.
  19. Darth Tater

Yeah, the way this league is set up It has higher point totals. People are losing with over 130 So It wouldn't surprise me to see somebody Top 200. That would be fun to watch unless it was against me! :-)
  20. Darth Tater

The Eagles fired Their Defensive Cordinator last week. He needed to be fired. It was way over his head. But he was a scapegoat in the sense that Other coaches should have been fired too. They cannot score. That points back to the office of Cordinator Marty morningwheg and Andy Reid.

The Eagles lost to the Lions Who cannot beat anybody lately. Both teams will need to Fight just to make the playoffs now. Just one more game they handed away. Some people thought that the Eagles and Lions would meet in the Conference Championship game. It isn't looking like it right now

Andy Reid is 13 and zero after the bye week. We will see what they do against the Falcons at home. I do not see how the offense will improve by firing the defensive Cordinator. Watching the Eagles is like watching Michigan State. But I am hoping it will get better. It Is difficult to get excited when you just keep hearing and seeing the same crap.

Eagles fans are getting fed up with Michael Vick. His turnover rate is astronomical. So what if he led them on a couple of game-winning drives? He is the guy who put them in that position in the first place.