1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Eagles Philadelphia Eagles Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Thanks for the complimemt..........hopefully, ny team is good enough to be in that position.

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Twas merely a question. But evidently the size ofyour head grows with each passing day.

3. Nemo

Seemed like an odd question, so I took it as a compliment.

4. Nemo

5. Darth Tater

6. Nemo

What do you think he should do Darth?

I think he should at least consider retiring.
    I remember stating that when his boys were having difficulty a couple of years ago.

7. Darth Tater

What do I think he should do...what do I think...???? What does it matter what the heck I think???

The man's kid died suddenly and unexpectedly. Tragic. I'm not going to offer an opinion as to what I think he SHOULD do. Knowing what I do about Andy Reid, I am guessing he will choose to get back to work soon. I think he should...and will...do whatever is best for him and his loved ones.

8. Nemo

Since you started the Eagles thread, I would have respected your opinion on the matter.
    I didn't think that you were this close to the man to be so upset over my inquiry.
    I was hoping you would offer an opinion based on your knowledge of the man.....
    ...........not your close relationship to him.

We always offer opinions on this forum. this is what the PF is all about.
    Next time...........if you're this upset............just PM me and let me know.

9. Darth Tater

I'm not...nor was I ever "upset". However, I AM astounded that anyone would ask that question. Only Andy or maybe his wife can tell you that and I am of the belief that neither is giving it any thought right now. Why would you think that I would even form an opinion on that. None of my darned business. It just hAppened a few hours ago. I feel bad for the guy. That's all I know.

10. Nemo

Seemed like a lot of tone in that post of yours, and that DID astound ME............
    I only asked ONE question........not a litany of questions for you to ponder...........
    AGAIN..........if you were ASTOUNDED...........you shoulda PM me..............
    The fact that you didn't ASTOUNDS me..............

I feel bad for the guy, and was STILL able to ask the question...............

Darth's response...............

I'm not...nor was I ever "upset". However, I AM astounded that anyone would ask that question. Only Andy or maybe his wife can tell you that and I am of the belief that neither is giving it any thought right now. Why would you think that I would even form an opinion on that. None of my darned business. It just hAppened a few hours ago. I feel bad for the guy. That's all I know.

Possible different response............

Nemo, maybe that is something we could look at down the road.
    Just not ready to discuss it right now..............

See................less dramatic, but point made.

11. Darth Tater

Lol.

coynejeremy likes this.
  12. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

It's really very very sad.

13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Saw Coach Reid's press conference today. The guy showed so much class, humility and dignity. Very impressive.

14. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sad news.

Love the new signature, Bill.

15. Darth Tater

This is a big game for the Eagles as far as preseason games go. The game has been pretty much dedicated as their dress rehearsal. After this one we won't see much of the starters in the next two games of the preseason.

Quarterback.

Nick Foles did a great job last week against Pittsburgh. That is the guy they drafted instead of Kirk cousins. He looks like a
    tough kid with a great arm. But he is a rookie. He will be the number two in the game today. But after that who will it be at number two when the season starts?

Eagles fans hope that Michael Vick remains healthy. He is probably the most important player on the team. But he never does stay healthy Does he?

Trent Edwards has the most pro experience of all of the three potential backups. he looks okay but he was cut from Buffalo for a reason.

Mike Kafka has been with the team the longest of the three backups. This is his third year. But he hurt his wrist and won't be ready until the regular season.

I am hoping foles looks really really good tonight just like his debut in Pittsburgh. the eagles say that they trust mike Kafka but they played that worthless Vince Young last year over Kafka so they must not trust him that much even though another year has passed.

I don't care if the team wins or loses tonight but my number one hope is that they stay healthy. My second hope is that they look good regardless of the final score. Third, I hope that Vic and foles look really good tonight.

I don't know what will happen with the Eagles this year. I don't think anybody does. But with Vicks issues staying healthy you have to wonder. And the Eagles coaches just seem terrible. You've got Marty morningwheg running the offense for chrissakes. Then you've got juan Castillo on defense when he should be on offense. But at least they brought in that one guy who will be calling the shots behind the scenes I think.

We shall see. We shall see. If they do not at least make the playoffs this year I think Andy Reid is finally done in Philly. And rightfully so.

I am looking forward to the game they play against the Detroit Lions this season.

I am looking forward also to seeing how that x Michigan guy Brandon Graham, whom the Eagles moved up in the first round to draft a couple of years ago does. Right now it looks like he has been vastly overrated. Just like the Wolverines every single year. What a waste so far. I wonder if he will even be able to earn a starting spot on the team? They moved up in the first round to get a defensive guy this year too...fletcher cox...but I don't think he will be a bum like the last one. But this year Brandon Graham has one more chance to show that he belongs on the team and can be the great player that he was hyped to be. I sure hope so. The Eagles will need him to step up.

The lack of a preseason hurt the Eagles more than Most teams last year. They have a lot of new guys to the team. Then you had DeShawn Jackson and his contract woes. What a distraction that turned out to be. He had alligator arms and seemed to intentionally play like crap. Very immature.

Then you had those three cornerbacks who were all studs but there was one too many. Now Asante Samuel is gone and the other two are looking pretty good so far.

They blew so many leads last year it was sickening. I think this year they have come together as a team. But the proof will be in the pudding.

GO EAGLES!

16. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Vick's health wholly depends on how did they protect their QB, the way they did last season was hard for any QB to endure . IT WAS TERRIBLE.

17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Cousins out performing RG3 in preseason. Doubt he gets a start this year.

18. Darth Tater

The Eagles lost their best player to injury before the preseason even began. He was also considered the best player in the entire league at the position. That was the guy that made sure Vick was protected. That was a huge loss.

Of course for the second preseason game in a row Vick went down. The offense of line did not protect him on that play yesterday.

The Eagles beat the patriots 27-17 in last nights exhibition game. the first string defense did not look good at all.

Rookie quarterback Nick foals had another very good game. It is looking more and more like he will be the second string quarterback to back up Vick.

The coach Andy Reid was seen on camera arguing with one of his players and one of his coaches. Who knows what that was about, but the Eagles our playing it down, of course.

The Eagles won their last four games last year. But it didn't matter as getting them in the playoffs. They have won their first two exhibition games which means nothing in getting them into the playoffs. That is six in a row. Put can I get it together when it means something as far as the post season's concerned.

I guess there was a funny moment last when diminutive trash talking wide receiver DeShawn Jackson stood over a guy talking about it when he tackled the guy after the dude made an interception against Jackson's team.

The Eagles have a couple more weeks to get something straightened out. Then the real fun begins!

brofmfa likes this.
  19. Darth Tater

Vick sucked but the Eagles won by beating a bad team. Vick threw more interceptions than Andrew Maxwell did against Boise State. People in Philadelphia would be calling for his head if the Eagles had lost. Maybe he tried to throw the game to pay off some dogfighting bets he lost? J/K ;)

20. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

RG3 was a stud today.