Eagles Philadelphia Eagles Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jul 25, 2010.

1. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Never been a Philly fan, though I lived there for 2 years and met my wife there (no comments). I just couldn't get the fans, especially when I heard that some poor kid got beer poured on him because he was wearing Barry Sanders Jersey one game when Detroit visited. Not to mention now, with the idiot barfing on a dad and his daughter. Plus, McNabb destroyed my fantasy season last year.

But, it's fantasy football again, and if I get either Desean Jackson or Kevin Kolb, I will be the biggest Philly fan, ever.
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Many of the fans are pigs. The worst in the U.S.A. no doubt.

How did McNabb ruin your season? He had a really good year.
  3. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Darth, what are your impressions of McCoy? I hear he needs to improve his pass protection to make sure he stays on the field. Do you think he can come close to producing Westbrook type numbers? Will Mike Bell steal all the goal line carries?

Have you put your faith in Kolb fully yet or need more time? His first two career starts last year were both 300 yard games. Celek had over 100 in both those games so they seem to have good chemistry.

What about Jackson and Maclin? Will Kolb be able to get it to them?
  4. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

I had Deshawn Jackson, Mcnabb refused to throw to him for some games.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Was this a LB / Darko thing, or something less nefarious?
  6. Darth Tater

Webz, Rascoe, and 16 mile...

I just spent about an hour typing a dissertation to answer all of the good questions posed and responding to the comments made, but I hit the wrong button and lost it all. Seriously, I just knew that was going to happen. It was a pretty comprehensive post. So now I am pissed, tired and frustrated. I plan to get back with you later, maybe after I have something to eat.. :yellowprison::hanged2::crying:

The good thing is that it was a bit of a ramble (so what else is new?) and hopefully I can organize my thoughts better when I rewrite it. Hell, I don't feel like working today anyhow.
  7. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Tater:

Why don't you just call the whole thing off??

We win, and you get much needed rest.

Let's face it, the whole world just doesn't give a Da**!

:pound::pound::pound:
  8. Darth Tater

I do. :)
  9. Darth Tater

Oh, OK. I gotcha. Not sure it is that simple (or even true). Will elaborate in answer to Rascoe.
  10. Darth Tater

Well, I will answer your question Webzie but only because nobody is going to want my Eagles anyhow because I plan to draft them way ahead of where they should be drafted and I won't be trading for them..

Celek-Tight End. This one is easy. I think he will be awesome. The Eagles offensive scheme fits him perfectly. Kolb likes to go to this guy.

Kolb-quarterback. This is hard for me since he replaced my boy Donovan. The national media is raving about him. He is much more accurate then McNabb although he doesn't have the arm strength. Accuracy means more yards gained after the catch. Kolb has weapons (in receivers) that McNabb never had. The coach loves to pass. He has a great reporte with the receivers.Jackson and Maclin will go wild, I think. However, the birds don't have a really good center. That hurt last year and will hurt this year if their #1 doesn't get healthy.

True on his two career starts. But Kansas City has pitiful pass coverage and there was something about the New Orleans team, but I can't remember. Anyhow, I'm very curious, excited, and hopeful but not sold. First year quarterbacks are usually not too successful and the Aaron Rogers replacing Brett Favre thing...well, I dunno. That doesn't happen too often. Then again, winning -losing has very little to do with fantasy stats.

Mccoy. Yeah. Bell and Weaver are going to vulture some touchdowns. But he has talent and is slated as a tier 3 back. But he certainly has potential to do better. But not great because the Eagles like to pass more than throw. Westbrook caught a bunch of passes which inflated his value in leagues that use those stats. Plus as stated earlier, the Eagles pass. They don't run much. Never did under this coach.
  11. Woody

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

:)
  12. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Look at that blade in the middle of the left clump! So exciting!!!
  14. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

That's just a nose hair that fell out...

[​IMG]
  15. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Very shrewd of you to see through my post into the fantasy world from which it arose. :)

Well seeing as we are already on the topic.... Hmm, I see a lot of people are sleeping on the Philly D. I had them tagged as a potential late round pick but I think you'll probably snag them well before the 14th round (which is where I wanted them).

McCoy is currently only around RB20 on my board - he's yours. Just make sure you get Bell as a handcuff. Unless you don't subscribe to the handcuff theory.

Kolb is one of those guys where you'd be very nervous if he was your QB1, but you'd never draft him where you'd need to in order to get him as your QB2. Shame.
  16. Darth Tater

:hug::yo:
  17. Darth Tater

You would fall asleep getting a lap dance at a strip club, old man.
  18. Woody

An elderly man in Florida had owned a large farm for several years.

He had a large pond in the back.

It was properly shaped for swimming, so he fixed it up nice with picnic tables, horseshoe courts, and some orange, and lime trees. One evening the old farmer decided to go down to the pond, as he hadn't been there for a while, and look it over. He grabbed a five-gallon bucket to bring back some fruit. As he neared the pond, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee. As he came closer, he saw it was a bunch of
    young

women from the local college skinny-dipping in his pond.

He said "hi" so as not to scare them and make them aware of his presence and they all swam over to the deep end. One of the women shouted to him, "We're not coming out of this pond until after you leave." The old man frowned, 'I didn't come down here to watch you ladies swim naked or make you get out of the pond naked...." Holding the bucket up he said, 'I'm here to feed the alligators.'
    Some old men can still think pretty fast.

:):):)
  19. Darth Tater

You dirty old codger. Now I understand why they call you "Woody". :pound:
  20. Darth Tater

16 & Rascoe:

Lol Rascoe at your playful jab at 16.

But in a way he may be right.

Philly had a lot of success in the last ten years. But fell short of the gold. Many credited McNabb for the successes, but many blamed him for them falling short.

McNabb never really had much to work with. He had Terrell Owens one year and they made it to the Super Bowl. When they fell short, Owens blamed McNabb.

Anyhow, Desean Jackson, is a young stud receiver. Cocky like many of them. I think if you read between the lines he had a lot to do with McNabbs ouster. Saying, "We didn't lose anything by trading him". Yeah...you gotta support your new quarterback, but that's a big slap on McNabb. Was there an issue with McNabb not throwing to Jackson? I'm not aware of it if there was. I know McNabb had accuracy issues at times and that ticks off receivers.

Andy Reid was the Philly coach for 11 years. In his first draft he took McNabb as the 2nd overall pick. The fans booed when he did that. They wanted him to take Ricky Bell, lmao. Anyhow, Reid had a tremendous amount of say (most if not all) in personell decisions. He was close to McNabb and appreciative of what he had done, but do to changes in the upper brass hierarchy, he eventually gave in and let him go.

Maybe this will turn out for the best. We will see. But either way, yeah, I think there were issues with Jackson and McNabb.

Interestingly, to add insult to injury, they let McNabb go to division rivals. Was the coach trying to show his appreciation to McNabb by letting him go where he wished, or was it the ultimate slap in the face?

It is going to be an interesting season.They are going to take some lumps. Just PLEASE do not lose to the Lions.

It could happen...if so...I will never hear the end of it, and the Philly fans, who booed Santa Claus and pelted him with snowballs will not take it well.

Good luck to the new quarterback Kevin Kolb. He has some receivers with great potential. McNabb never had that. Lose to Detroit, and the fans will be crying for them to make Michael Vick the new quarterback.

Nefarious? I dunno. Like Darko/Brown??? Maybe. Whatever that means! ;)