Away Philadelphia 76ers Wednesday Nov 14 2012

Discussion in 'November 2012' started by roscoe36, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

A win takes away the bitter taste of sarcasm in all the recaps. Thanks all!

This team needs to find ways to keep Drummond on the floor. I'm all good with yanking if he is losing it and needs to sit but send him right back out again. I like JJ but he's pretty damn ineffective with our current lineup. I think he needs a change...role, position, scenery whatever.
    People call Maggs Collider #2 but he plays a slightly different game. He was under the basket rebounding and until Stuckey decides to play real defense, Maggs has him beat. He has a reputation of mail it in on defense but I saw a decent amount of counter screens and other disruptions away from the ball. As a whole the team had better chemistry with taking away what the other guys wanted to do away from the ball. The trap pressure was better but still looks comparatibly lame.

Every Piston is to work on changing directions with the ball. Drop steps, spins, crossovers. There were openings for Monroe and Knight if they could just reverse direction.
    jzchen and roscoe36 like this.
  2. Mark V

Mark V Bench Warmer

Great game, Monroe was an absolute beast tonight. Kinda funny how my cousin was making fun of me for giving him Glen Davis for Greg Momroe in our draft.

Only thing I didn't like was how Coach only gave Middleton and English a couple of minutes off the bench! How are they gonna develop if they're rotting on the bench?!?! We were up by a significant amount by the beginning of the fourth quarter and I was practically yelling for Coach to put the rooks in so that they get experience.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I think we can all understand that an 0-8 coach, whose job may be on the line, might play it a little close to the chest, despite the lead. They were after all on the road.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think games like this show how one dimensional Stuckey is. It just seems like an awful lot needs to go right around him for him to be effective.

Is Stuckey out of the starting 5?
  5. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Slip, you're a smart guy. Just curious...
    How many wins did you predict the Pistons would have in their first 9 games?
    roscoe36 likes this.
  6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice. I think we should focus on the positivity.

I am a always amazed at how George Blaha can spin the positive out of any miserable Piston situation. The Pistons will be getting trounced, make two consecutive buckets, and George will say, "Don't look now folks, but the Pistons have cut the lead to 37. Doc Rivers better get a timeout."
    KGREG, roscoe36 and linwood like this.
  7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That's my favorite also. I love it when there is like 2:30 left in the game.
  8. Slippy

Why BDL, i predicted 1 win. How many did you predict? Because when i read your posts, I'm thinking 'this guy really knows his stuff!" :hail:
    roscoe36 likes this.
  9. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I have been suffering from migraines half my life (luckily been getting less nowadays) and whenever I'm suffering from it, all I can do is sleep. Nothing else. My point is, my migraines is so much more painful than getting a flu. I can still run up and down when I'm suffering from 'flu like' symptoms but can't do anything else other than sleep when I'm suffering from migraines. So, how did Stuckey manage to play with the migraines but can't play when he has 'flu like' symptoms? I agree with you that he should not have play during that west coast trip and our record would have like 4-5 after today. Stuckey should NOT be our starting SG no more.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Stuck only played while on meds that were making hik a little dizzy, or so i have read.
  11. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Pretty sure the shot would have been block if that outlet pass was to Stuckey instead of Singler. Or an offensive foul called at the basket.
  12. roscoe36

The sixers announcers were really good. I struggle to listen to George, he's become so horribly shameless. Being a homer sounds good when you're a good team, but it sounds crazy when you're very bad.
    LA Dre likes this.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Agreed. Especially for a game when their team was getting destroyed by a winless team. No whining at all from them and honest commentary on fouls, out of bounds calls, etc.
  14. Slippy

Its better than announcers who openly trash the other team. Back in the GTW days it was insulting to watch away game broadcasts. Homer is ok. Negatively biased is irritating.
  15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Great recap as usual Lee, but Drummond & Monroe were together for about a 6-7 minute stretch. I believe about 3:50 to go in the first Drummond came in for Maxiell and Monroe didn't sub out until 2-3 minutes into the second quarter. Incidentally, that's when we were really able to stretch the lead as Philly couldn't get anything going. The lineup to finish the 1st quarter was Knight-Singler-Prince-Drummond-Monroe and that was a beauty to watch.
  16. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

One thing that surprised and impressed me was how much Mags was mentoring the youngsters. He was constantly talking to the guys and you can hear him shouting and telling the kids what to do during the game.

One thing that was great to see was how quick Prince was releasing those shots. I wish he did that every game.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  17. Susie914

Susie914 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

That was so much fun to watch. I'm pretty sure it was Max yelling 'Ball Don't Lie!' That was fun too....
    roscoe36 likes this.
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

By the way, Monroe's "and 1" exclamations are ludicrous. The ball has to have a chance of going it to yell that and there definitely has to be contact. He ignores both those rules of thumb. He's going to get called for verbally flopping pretty soon.
    KGREG likes this.
  19. roscoe36

Calling for a foul never worked for Sheed, I don't understand why guys do it. The refs will just tune you out over time.
  20. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Time to sell high on Tay.

[​IMG]
    ...Man this is ugly.

It's not like my own jumper would be featured in one of those Better Basketball videos but man.
    His off-hand is contorted like he has some sort of a muscular disorder.