1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Away Philadelphia 76ers - Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Discussion in 'March 2015' started by roscoe36, Mar 14, 2015.

1. lapiston

lapiston All-Star

The team just can't shoot. Not a consistent shooter on the team. Thought Meeks was a better shooter. Jackson, too. Pope, as any 2nd year guy will be erratic from game to game. Dinwiddie is a second round pick...

The team's record is as it is. The Pistons did not tank to get it. The team could not beat Orlando early in the year at home a bad sign of things to come. They were playing at a bottom 5 level then. With Jennings surge, they were sometimes good. They have regressed...

My main complaint is that Sacramento and Orlando will have slots ahead of the Pistons. The Pistons are at the 7th pick now. They need a top 5 pick and a little luck to get the right guy. Teams can good complementary talent at the 7. But the only "star" possibility on the current roster is Andre. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pistons take a guard in the draft. Stan seems intent on finding a point that will lead the way back...

BillLaimbeer likes this.
  2. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Dre was taken out of the game with two quick, questionable fouls. He wasn't a factor after that.

I don't know who Raymond Green is but he can't be any worse than Shawne Williams has been.

Ish Smith...you can't stop him, you can only hope to control him.

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ugly, very ugly. Drummund would have gone out regardless of the fouls once SVG pulled him for having the best seat in the house for the Philly layup line.

Walter likes this.
  4. Susie914

Susie914 Team Captain Forum Donor

As much fun as the Grizzlies game was the other night, this game was HORRIBLE!! I could barely take it..

roscoe36 likes this.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The word you are looking for here is contain.

basketbills likes this.
  6. kpaav

kpaav All-Star Forum Donor

I have been skeptical about paying Draymond aka Raymond Green also, but man watching the dubs vs ATL game right after I think I may be changing my tune. Slotting him next to Drummond may be the best thing for Andres career. Green was all over the place, destroying Horford and Milsap when they posted him. A few times I was thinking he looked a lot like Big Ben - extremely small guy just out muscling larger Post players that try and force the issue because they cannot believe they are being defended by a perceived mismatch. He was leading the break after steals, draining threes, and making slick passes. As a SF no, but if we lose Monroe, man Green could be a perfect complement to Dre at PF (he can shoot, HIGH energy, DPOY type guy, and his passing is awesome). I don't think I have ever wavered on a player as much as him - glad I am not SVG and deciding how to spend 20 million correctly.

BallDon'tLie and roscoe36 like this.
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sign Raymond now!!! Get er done, SVG!!

8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion

That lineup that GS runs where Green plays the C postion is an absolute blast to watch.

linwood likes this.
  9. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Drummond had 9 pts, 14 rebs, 2 blocks and a steal with only 1 TO and he was 3-3 from the FT line. He was -3 for the game. You look at that line and say, "wow, the kid had a decent game". The reality is far from it. This was absolutely the worst I've seen Drummond play. It was more painful than watching Stuckey in full-collide mode. It was more painful than watching Smith jack up WTFallaways. It was more painful than watching BoT. If that is the guy he really is, I say ship his ass out of town while people are still mesmerized by his stats. He was downright awful.

He isn't the cornerstone big. He is not a franchise player. He isn't event the best big man on the team. Monroe is. Moose is a better scorer, a better passer AND a better defender than Drummond.

Prince -20 for the game. Ugh.

and that my friends is the sad state of affairs.

linwood likes this.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I have a theory that Andre is trying to stay out of foul trouble in order to collect stats... at the expense of challenging shots. I can see it in his movements. Opposite of the young Amir J.

Probably a great strategy if you're on a losing team and on a rookie contract.

brofmfa and linwood like this.