Home Philadelphia 76ers Tuesday Feb 28 2012

Discussion in 'February 2012' started by roscoe36, Feb 27, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Feb 28, 2012.
  1. Detroit

55.6%
  2. Philadelphia

44.4%
  1. copper

copper Bench Warmer

well, theres the jinx. He stepped on the court and his aura has encapsulated the entire team.
  2. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

In all honesty, we were not going to win this game. The odds were stacked against us with Philly really rocking this season.
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Who do yo guys think is the more ath-a-letic team, Philly or Detroit?

It is almost LOL funny when the opponent scores on a layup and you then see Ben Gordon enter the picture with his mouth hanging open as the ball is going through the net trying to play D from 10' away. I can't for the life of me figure out who was a worse signing for the Pistons, him or CCG. I've gone both ways too many times.

I do think Frank made a mistake taking Monroe and Stuckey out at the same time (joining Knight) at the end of 1. Maybe he thought the 6'ers would struggle to score and he could get away with it.

Tay was shooting some bricks early on.

Iggy had some really nice passes.

Austin Daye = wow!!!

Illy is a good example of a team having everyone play their roles and to their strengths. A guy like Thad Young would not be nearly as effective as a starting 3, but he is great as a tweener 6th man. The Pistons, for the 1st time in a while, are at least playing all(almost all at worse) their guys at their positions. Joe must be pissed.
  4. linwood

linwood All-Star

Pistons hold a team under 70 points!
    Nemo likes this.
  5. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Yep. It's the look up defense. I lost count of how many times Lou Williams just flat out lost BG without using so much as a screen. Ugh.

Yeah, I've pretty much picked up his substitution pattern, but he didn't use to go to Bynum and BG together before iirc. He'd usually rest Brandon late in the first/third and keep Stuck in there with BG, then have Knight sub back in for Stuck with like 10-9 to go in the next quarter, then bring Stuck back in for BG a little later. Adding a fourth guard in there of the Ball Hog variety is a bad idea.
  6. copper

copper Bench Warmer

BG is the worse signing of the 2. With CCG at least he was a wild card, should be a contributor the way his #s were tracking...blah,blah...BG was supposed to come in and set the scorers table on fire and burn the lights off the score board. Well, he was a whopping 1/10 tonight and his defense was terrible. Half the time he shot the ball and was out near midcourt and still was the 3-4th piston back for defense. He is ****...plain and simple, anyone that still believes he is worth anything to this team except a high priced bench weight? is crazy. Im sure if youve read any of my recent posts you will see that I am not a fan of his, and I wanted to be when we signed him. I understand that scorers have slumps, but your intensity and effort on defense shouldnt waver. even when the ball isnt dropping you can always hustle. Im pretty sure he has a few million more reasons than everyone else on the team to hustle. and he is almost always the last guy back on defense, and our bigs always get in trouble trying to switch off and pick up his man driving to the hole.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Shame, Monroe had 9 pts when it was 12-8 for the Pistons. Apparently the high point of the game...
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Yes, maybe it would have been better to go with Walker Ranger there. That is probably not a big difference though.

That is certainly one side of it. Now we just need to see Charlie Garbage play to swing it back the other way. These guys are like siamese twins, you can't spit them up.
  9. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

I've always believed that Gordon was payback from Chicago...payback for an ineffective Ben Wallace.
    those guys didn't want Gordon back, nor did anybody else bid on him. JD cleared the room with his offer.
  10. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I think the laughter cleared the room. even if he was the guy that played for the bulls....he was gonna be an overpaid scorer off the bench. He has NEVER shown the ability to even slow down his counterpart. He would at best be a complimentary player in a role situation....just reallllllly well paid. Im not too great with numbers and stats,,,,so if anyone is? could you do mew a favour and see how much BG is being paid per point over the span of his contract so far? Ill bet its not a deal.
  11. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I was hoping to see a lee-cap of this one but I have to assume that lee broke his keyboard hammering away at Larry Frank for that 2nd quarter lineup.

That was the worst game I've ever seen Ben Gordon play and that's saying a lot. He has a lot of bad games contained in his body of work.

Last night's effort is a prime example of why I'm worried about Greg Monroe leaving Detroit after his rookie deal is up.

I don't remember seeing one blocked shot from a Piston last night and I checked the box score and confirmed this. I blame Joe.

What in the heck does Vern have to do to crack this lineup? It's not humanly possible for him to be any worse than what was out there last night.

I got in a fight with my DVR last night when it had the audacity to ask me "are you sure you want to delete this?"
  12. copper

copper Bench Warmer

agreed, I can see GM walking if he doesnt get some actual help around him.Ben wallace is probably the only other player that actually plays hard every time hes on the floor. and hes gone after this season. BK is getting a pass from me this year because he is a rookie and he has shown that fire and the desire at points throughout the year so far. He is gonna have some off games but he still shows flashes, I hope he takes a leap next year similar to Gm this year. But it is gonna be up to Joe D to show that he is trying to put the pieces in place or yeah I can understand a player walking. Why should he care if management doesnt?
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That was a GMing loss, pure and simple.
  14. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Philly played with sensurgency, got their bebounds and hit their fritos. That's all.
    roscoe36 likes this.