Home Philadelphia 76ers Tuesday Feb 28 2012

Discussion in 'February 2012' started by roscoe36, Feb 27, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Feb 28, 2012.
  1. Detroit

55.6%
  2. Philadelphia

44.4%
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

7:30 PM EST

TV: FS Detroit / NBA league Pass
    Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Bump for see you in chat!
  3. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

What a terrible lineup. The only scorers are in the backcourt, both of whom are undersized two guards in Ben Gordon and Will Bynum, and both of them are idiots who turn it over like there's no tomorrow. It was a two point game when they came in; Philly's up 13 now. Stupid.
  4. S.J.

S.J. Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Can Prince PLEASE Stop Shooting??? PLEASE?
  5. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

6 assists versus 14 for Philly.........at halftime.......uuugggggghhhhh.
  6. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

6 assists...and 15 turnovers. AT THE HALF.:gaah:
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons are getting hammered by a mediocre team in their own building. Lots of very ugly basketball being played by all.
  8. S.J.

Remember guys, we are tankyng
  9. BillLaimbeer

There is nothing intentional about how crappy they are playing. They already have 17 turnovers and are shooting 32% FG.
  10. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

19. The Sixers were struggling to score coming in. That early second quarter lineup from hell was just the tonic they needed. Turnovers, contested shots early in the shot clock, zero ball movement, no defense...you get the picture.

Terrible game. Stupid sixes are chest bumping each other in front of their bench on the Pistons' home floor. Have some pride, dammit.
  11. S.J.

I know that Bill, the tankyng thing is what I have to said to me to not lose my mind watching this ugly team.
  12. BillLaimbeer

I agree. I am fine with the loss. The way they are losing, though, is embarrassing.
  13. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Stop calling timeout, Larry. This game is over. And wtf is with that lineup AGAIN? Get JJ and Big Ben off the floor and let the idiots shoot to their little ball hogging hearts' content.
    9 turnovers out of 12 possessions in the second? Who do you think was on the floor when that happened? :angrysoapbox:
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

8 blocks to 0 so far. They are crrrrrushing us. Gordon 0-8 shooting. Prince 2-10.

We only have 2 players with more than 2 baskets and it is almost over. Monroe has been blocked 5 times (luckily they called 3 of them fouls).

I saw Hollinger's model has us at 1% to make the playoffs and 8% at winning the lottery. We're still in no man's land, but getting closer to the border.
  15. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Hey look, we didn't lose by 30! We only lost by 29! :burp: Worst game I've seen them play since OKC, and this one was at home. Horrible.

Will Bynum and Ben Gordon must never be on the floor together. Them with that no offense front line in the game started the landslide. Awful. BG shot 10% for crying out loud. Trade them for popcorn or a taco, I don't care. I know Bynum's some sort of practice time warrior (practice MVP eh, Frank?) but he's a godawful excuse for a PG who kills ball movement. No one but Monroe was hitting shots, and by the second half, he was missing too. The one good thing the Pistons got out of this was that the starters all played under 30 minutes. That's it.
  16. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I guess I won't bother watching the replay on league pass...
  17. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

5 people picked em to win...versus 4 picking Philly.
    Based on Alexa's 5 posts......they shoulda played better.
  18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

30 point blow-out was averted on a last minute fast break un constested layup by Damien "Don't call me Dominique" Wilkens.

The Pistons were just what the doctor ordered for the Sixers to stop a five game losing slide and win 97-68.

The game was close to open the second quarter, with the Pistons down only 2. But Philly went on 13-0 runwith the likes of BenG, JJ., Wilkens, Big Ben and Will Bynum stinking up the Palace. Gordon was the only Piston shooting and missing, but Bynum was the catalyst with turnovers and was quickly yanked after three minutes of allowing the game to litteraly get out of hand....and believe me it was over before halftime.

Philly supposedly leads the league in fast breaks and they fast broke the Pistons to death in the second qtr and the beginning of the 4th when they put together a 9-0 run to send the few hundred fans who left over to flee to the exits and missing a rare chance to see Macklin and Daye playing in extended garbage time with Bynum and Wilkens.

The Pistons were beaten in every quarter with just horrible shooting with Gordon going 1-10, Tay> 2-10, Knight >2-8 and JJ> 1-5.
  19. copper

copper Bench Warmer

well they were close as its been said going into 2nd. At which point the all dumbass backcourt of gordon and bynum proceeded to miss every shot and make every turnover look effortless. I havent seen that kinda futility since the trotters whooped the generals. Am I the only person that thinks BG should be next to Daye and cv on the pine? This idiot is worse than Stuckey on his worst day. Also why does Richie wait so long before subbing when **** is obviously goin sideways? Monroe comes out to end the first and doesnt go back til we're down double digits and theres 6 minutes left in the half? seriously? he was the ONLY offense that worked in the first quarter. And our super sub backcourt didnt turn on the jets when they entered the game. I must be tired cause while I was watching that, I wanted more than anything else to be at the game so I could stroill down courtside and punch Richie right in the throat. and while he gasped for air I could call sub and get the crap off the floor. and before anyone says it " YES, I have anger issues"
  20. BillLaimbeer

Well, on the bright side, Charlie Villenueva practiced with the team yesterday.