Home Philadelphia 76ers Sunday, December 01, 2013

Discussion in 'December 2013' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

vs Philadelphia 76ers

Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 3:30 PM Eastern

Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI

LOCAL TV: FS Detroit
    NATIONAL TV:

RADIO: 97.1 FM The Ticket

GO PISTONS!
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Note the early start time everyone.
    Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This is going to be a tough game for us, even though it shouldnt be.

Against Brooklyn Sean Livingston could have went to town against Jennings but it's not his style....the same cannot be said for the 6'7" MCW (who I thought Joe should have drafted, but I'm cool with the KCP pick) who I suspect might flirt with a triple double this afternoon. I pray Thaddeus Young doesn't go off on Josh Smith today.

Philly's small quick front line of Turner, Hawes and Young VS our Big frontline of Smith, Moose and Drummond. Smith on Turner? Moose trying to keep up with Young? Look for Hawes to have a good game because he's a big who can shoot and we all know our front court does not even attempt to guard outside of the paint. I think we should see plenty of small ball in this one unless we can execute with efficiency and make them play OUR game.
  4. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

These guys have lost 11 of their last 14 after starting out 3-0.
    They're still struggling like our guys with meshing new parts.
    At least both teams are trying to mesh in the right conference.

At home. Pistons 97 - 76ers 93
    linwood likes this.
  5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Oh and might I add...I think Datome gets some run today. Not sure Coach can fool himself into the Singler Kool Aid much longer, not trying to make him the scapegoat but when your team is in DESPERATE need of shooting, you can't let a guy like that keep sitting on the bench.
  6. McQuack

McQuack Bench Warmer

I think we'll take this one fairly easy. Our bigs should go to town on Young/Hawes inside. Pistons 102 - 76ers 84

It might be a bit tricky to match-up the big backcourt of the 76ers. They usually start 6'7" MCW and 6'6" Anderson. Jennings is gonna have to defend one of them.
    I think I'd put Jennings on MCW, as he's pretty turnover prone and Jennings usually gets a lot of steals per game. Also, Anderson is a good shooter and I want someone with lenght (KCP) to defend him on the perimeter.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

70-46 halftime lead for the Pistons. Dre and Jennings already with double-doubles.

Shooting looking good so far...8-10 FT and 8-13 from the beyond the arc., including hitting 6 of their first 6.

Pope hit his first 4 shots including two treys...
    roscoe36 and McQuack like this.
  8. roscoe36

FOUL ME. MAKE MY DAY.

[​IMG]
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great comeback win after the disappointing loss on Friday. Dre was a monster out there after he dominated the middle on both ends with 31-19 and five steals and 2 blocks. Best performance by a player since the Olajuwon accomplished the feat in 1990. Dre had time to get a couple of more boards, but the Hack-a-dre midway thru the 3rd and then garbage time in the end sent him to the bench. Mo claims in the post game presser that he didn't know that when he sat Dre down prior to GT, that he was sitting on 19 boards. :bs:

The Sixers tried to derail Dre in the 3rd with the afformentioned hacking, and it did slow the Pistons down a bit. JJ and Singler did not help the situation while they were in during that time frame near the end of the 3rd as the Sixers trimmed a once 24 pt Piston lead down to 10 right before the end of the half. The Sixers scored 36 points in that qtr and I will let someone else point out the non-defensive culprits.

8/13 three pointers in the first half ,.. 2/15 in the second half. Free throw shooting 8/10 in the first half.. 15-29 in the ouch second half (Dre 7-18, but he did hit 4 straight at one point)

Jennings played under control but only got 2 of his 12 assists in the second half. Pope after scoring 10 pts in the first quarter did not score again missing all four of his shots afterwards.

Other than Rodney Stuckey, the rest of the bench was a dismal 2-14 shooting with 8 turnovers and 1 assist. Singler was 1-7 and no assists....making two ill advised drives to the hoop on a fast breaks that should have been passed off to an open man. JJ...4 turnovers in 12 mins and a -11:frusty:

Monroe got tossed in the beginning of the 4th after saying something to the ref, but we survived without him.

So far...Andre Drummond is the player of the month!!
  10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Got a big lead quick, getting to 40 in the first quarter. Our bench treaded water vs. their bench, and then our starters came back in for the most part - again Stuckey in there, and we made 70 points at the half. Note, when Pope came back in, it was at small forward. He had scored those 10 as a shooting guard, and as part of our starting unit. But our starting unit only existed about 10 minutes in this game. Coach chose to play with the rotation some in the 2nd half, having JJ come in real early, and then Stuckey not too long after.

Our bench consisted for a good stretch of: Siva, Stuckey, Singler, JJ, Harrellson. Siva was playing ok D, and bringing up the ball ok. Stuckey was scoring a bit. No other contributions from our bench. I'd say Mitchell did more around the rim anyway than Singler, in just a couple of minutes of GT. Our bench should have had Stuckey at point, some new guy after some trades at shooting guard, some new guy after some trades at small forward, Mitchell, and some new guy after some trades at center. At least it was good to see JJ get a bit of a stretch at small forward in the 2nd half. He looked real rusty there, which can be excused since of course he has barely played there to this point in the season.

Drummond was totally awesome, basically unstoppable. And I hate to say it (and I expect you to believe that I hate to say it lol) but we found someone else besides Bynum who can get Drummond revved up around the hoop. Jennings found him lots. Jennings, and Drummond, had double doubles in the first half. So they went to beat a Drum mid 3r quarter, and got Drums to sit after a few trips to the line, where he looked real bad. But later he snuck back in, and for some reason, Philly did not go back to the strategy. Maybe they were about to, but Drums knocked down 3 straight free throws, so I guess they thought better of trying it a second time.

The game opened up real promising, with Pope nailing a pair of threes (first one, then a second after the ones from Jennings and Smith), Jennings hitting one, and Smith hitting one. And this was done right, with our first forays being inside the paint before then going to the perimeter. We were up 13-2.

Both Smith and Monroe had decent games. In all, our starting front line had 58 points, 31 rebounds, 7 steals, 5 blocks, and 9 assists. And wow, you add in Singler's, JJ's and Harrelson's numbers and ...not much change, not enough to mention.

Bynum and Billups both sat this one out injured.

Stuckey had a fine game. Not enough to make our bench look any good, but he certainly did lots, enough to keep him in the running for sure for the 6th man award. Yes, some of his scoring was very much needed, as they got way too close early fourth. We did keep a double digit lead though.

Heat Tuesday, where, hopefully, we will not see Singler come off the bench and pretend to guard - well, go look at Miami's roster and see if you can figure out anyone who Singler could actually guard.
    Laimbrane, brofmfa, Susie914 and 2 others like this.
  11. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

Singler needs to sort himself out. He is not even a rotation player at this point.

Drummond. Wow. We knew this was what the guy could do. Its not just about the points, its about the efficiency. 12-15 is **** hot. I liked it.

Jennings is looking for his passes more now, and he is a really good passer! I like it. Sometimes he gambles a bit too much but it can pay off. I like it. Shot selection needs a tiny bit more work, but then again so do our offensive sets. I'll take the good with the bad. He makes Knight look terrible.
  12. roscoe36

Jennings is impressing me. He's not Magic Johnson, but you can see that if he can clean up a few small things with his game, he could be very special offensively.
  13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Well my fellow Forumites have done some pretty decent write ups when you account for the bias :-)
    The box score tells the story but allow me to add my 2 cents. Unlike some of my Pistons Forum Family I have absolutely no problem giving props to my whipping boy when he plays well....Brandon Jennings was AWESOME tonight! He dished the rock, played under control, gave an honest defensive effort, controled the pace, took good shots and converted at a solid clip! It was a VERY nice game.

Mo is kind of KooKoo with the rotation, why and the world would you play Harrellson, Siva, Singler and JJ (none of which are legitimate NBA rotation players) all at the same time!!! That's CRAZY!!!

There is absolutely no reason why JJ should play ahead of Datome or even Chaz right now.
    When we make perimeter shots, we win, when we don't- we don't. I hope we're able to keep making shots on this 3 game road trip, but Jennings, KCP and Smooves %'s say, "Fat chance". Off to Miami!
    brofmfa, LA Dre and Lee356 like this.
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Oh and Greg Monroe was an embarrassment tonight. His play was awful, he single handedly tried to give away our lead in the 3rd qtr...he had a ton of Turnovers and he was totally invisible guarding Thaddues Young; but the worst thing was his technicals that lead to his ejection. After playing like a scrub Mo benched him, while on the bench- I mean floor, because there were no seats for him.....he got a tech for complaining about a non-call....AND HE WASNT EVEN PLAYING!!! He then comes back in the game and gets ejected for arguing ANOTHER non-call when he should have been getting back on defense. People have bad games, even stretches of bad play.....but for crying out loud- SHUT UP AND PLAY ALREADY!!!

I may be crazy but I think we may have some chemistry issues....not sure if Greg is meshing well with the new troops; in particular- Brandon Jennings, this may be something to keep an eye on.
    brofmfa, Lee356 and roscoe36 like this.
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

There are some BIG things preventing him from cleaning up those small things, but he has a TON of talent! I think he can be just as good as Parker and Rondo if he can address the big issues that can help him with the small issues.
    brofmfa and roscoe36 like this.
  16. roscoe36

I have wondered about Greg for awhile. It's easy for a good player to put up great numbers on a bad team. I can cite hundred of examples.

Not so easy to put up great numbers (be efficient) when you only see the ball 1/2 or 1/3 as much.
  17. linwood

linwood All-Star

As good as Parker or Rondo? That's one hell of a reversal, KGREG!
    brofmfa likes this.
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Can and Will Be are a looooong way apart, but he has just as much raw talent as both of those guys.
    linwood likes this.
  19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It blows my mind that there are people who look at Drummond and think about what he can't do.

It does not matter if they foul him because he doesn't shy away from the ball when they do. He took his time making lay-ups and went straight for the line after he was fouled.

Jennings is at least looking like the guy who played in Milwaukee which is more than you could say for Ben Gordon when he aw here.

I thought JJ did a nice job closing out on shooters.

In fairness to Team Singler, none of the other tweeners has shown a glimpse of potential when they've played.

The Sixers had no answer for Tony Mitchell today. Pressuring shooters outside before going back inside to block a shot or devour a rebound.

He also adroitly handled the ball dribbling out the clock and should see some time at shooting guard. He has the height to bother shooters even if he can't knock down a shot.

The 76'ers didn't even bother shooting as long as Tony Mitchell was in the game!

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Greg Monroe is so selfish!!!

Sent from the new and improved Tapatalk 2.