Away Philadelphia 76ers Saturday Jan 28 2012

Discussion in 'January 2012' started by roscoe36, Jan 26, 2012.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Jan 28, 2012.
  1. Detroit

40.0%
  2. Philadelphia

60.0%
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

7:00 PM EST

TV: FS Detroit / NBA league Pass
    Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
  2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I miss Doug Collins as an anouncer.
    He used to say nice things about the Pistons when there were nice things to say about the Pistons.
    roscoe36 likes this.
  3. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

He'd get laid off then do to inactivity...........
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Y-U-G-E game tonight. The Pistons are going to attempt to blow a 12 pt lead with :20 seconds to go.
  5. Nemo

We go on the road for this one. We lose our huge home court advantage.
    4-16 really sounds pathetic. Philly is in the Atlantic division...where they're not being tested.
    The Celtics may step up....but the rest will only battle for a playoff spot.

Interesting article.........Talks about the 76ers need to "throttle the bottom feeders"
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-10892099

Since we qualify as a bottom feeder..........76ers by 21 points...........
  6. max

max All-Star

Saturday evening checklist
    - Exercise - check
    - Eat Dinner - check
    - Watch Pistons lose -
  7. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Isotayshaun! Dear Rodney: Please don't hog me. Love, the Ball.
    linwood likes this.
  8. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

They look so tired. Moose looks really mad. This is not the team I watched last night. The ball isn't moving much, the players aren't either and the Sixers are killing us from deep. Blowout imminent.
  9. Nemo

We're only down 15 in the third..........we can win this game...........
  10. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

What a farce. And why is Frank playing the clearly dog tired Knight in garbage time? I mean, really? I can't watch anymore.
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Ouch! But this game showed us our possibilities if it ever "came together". Ben Gordon was paid a BOATLOAD of money to come in and do what Lou Williams does. JJ, while not nearly as talented, can do for us what Thaddeus Young does for them. While I don't like Brandon Knight I do believe he can be as good as Jrue Holiday. From an offensive standpoint ONLY, Chaz is better than a Past His Prime Elton Brand. The difference in talent is on the wing, Iggy OWNS Tay! But Philly is impressive in the sense that they have truly bought in and go ALL OUT for 48 minutes. Does anybody even know what we're selling so somebody/anybody can "buy in"?
  12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Sixers have EIGHT guys who average 9 points or more per game.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Bad game. Sixers are good and they didn't have their big man.

Glad they didn't hold us in the 50's.
  14. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

One thing: Tayshaun Prince's hand is where offensive ball movement goes to die. If I never see Tay palm the ball and pretend to set up a play only to jack up a crap shot again it'll be too soon. We're lucky our offense didn't go the way the Magic's did against Boston. It's bad enough getting blown out by 30, it's worse to set a record for it.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.
  15. Nemo

Gotta believe that relief is on the way. My guess is that the new owner is talking to a basketball mind even as I type, about the situation in Detroit. My guess is that Joe is out soon........and somebody else is brought in.
    I'm figuring this post is a two weeks notice..............
  16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Spent time with the wife at the movie theater seeing The Grey and Man on a Ledge instead of wasting time watching another possible loss that eventually turned out that way. Have not watched the game yet, but I see Tay played and we went back to one of our Tay led double digit losses.... Another non-offensive night for our starting forwards ... 6 pts..compared to 2 last night.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Athaletic teams like the 6'ers or Grizzlies really give the Pistons trouble. This could have been a much bigger blowout if Philly were better shooters.

I also think this also could have been a much bigger blowout if Tay didn't play. He played well into the 2nd Q before coming out of the game which allowed certain 25 year old players who were moving like they had just been in outer space without a spacesuit because they played 41 minutes the night before a long rest.

This was the earliest in the evening I had watched a game all year and it was the first time I did not fall asleep watching . It was still daylight when I started watching and it put me in a better mood. I kept thinking of a playoff game for some reason.

I don't think the Pistons have a shotmaker as good as Thad Young or Marv Williams. They definitely don't have an athlete like Iguodala. They may not have a player that could pull off that off the backboard dunk he did in practice or shoot around.

Monroe has some Lew Alcindor in his offensive game.

It is impressive to me the # of MPG Knight has been playing.

It just dawned on me tonight that Walter Russell Jr is a legitimate PG. For that reason alone I hope they keep him.

Both he and Knight were consistently getting the Pistons into their offense (Or getting them to the point where they start standing there waiting for the shot clock to go off) with 18-19 seconds left on the 24 tonight.
    Nemo and max like this.
  18. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I'm drooling just thinking of watching a game with Iggy as our SF instead of Tay. He rebounds, he's a great passer and he's probably one of the three best perimeter defenders in the league. And the difference in ballhogging and athleticism compared to Prince is too large to describe.

The Pistons highlight of the game - the Russel/V-Mac alley-oop in garbage time. Also nice to see Russell getting 5 dimes and V-Mac adding yet another + game!
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Terrico White- we waived him.
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Coaching loss, again. Coach can't learn. Look at this. After 6 minutes, the point at which Ben is suppose to come out of the game, we were ahead 8-7. Three minutes later, we are down 15-8 and new coach finally pulls Ben. But it just gets worse, as he brings in JJ, who by no means is an NBA power forward.

In the 2nd quarter, we start down 10 points, but pull to within 7, 6 minutes into the quarter - where its time to pull JMAX - cause JMAX can't play but 6 minutes at a time himself. I need not tell you the rest. In all, two fine defensive players were exhausted before the end of the first half - cause their coach can't, or simply won't, coach.

They talked about being tired - but that is the coaches decision. We have a fine team. Let them play. And no, guys like Russel and Wilkins do not need to get a lot of minutes. Neither scores points. Ben Wallace is enough of an offensive liability for one team - at least he plays the D. The rest need not apply.

A rotation:

1st 6 minutes:
    Knight, Daye, JJ, Ben Wallace, Monroe

2nd 6 minutes:
    Knight, Stuckey, JJ, JMAX, Monroe

1st 6 minutes of 2nd quarter:

Stuckey, Daye, Tay, Ben Wallace, Macklin

next 6 mintues:

Knight, Daye, JJ, JMAX, Monroe.

Repeat above for 2nd half.

For minutes: Knight 36, Daye 36, Stuckey 24, Tay 12, JJ 36, JMAX 24, Ben Wallace 24, Monroe 36, Macklin 12.