1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Philadelphia 76ers March 29th, 6:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I thought Illadelph did a good job staying on Herrrrman in the corner the few times he was out there (I only remember him shooting once), but Bynum found Max, I think, for a dunk one time off of it.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If AI's back wasn't hurting him, then that was an Oscar worthy performance tonight. I didn't think he was great, but I'm impressed he tried.

I want so badly to be wrong about this season. I want to lay a beatdown on our rivals.

3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'm not worried at all about them on offense. I like the way Bynum drove then if nothing AI drove and vice versa. I think it was effective in throwing PHI off kilter. As long as there are shooters out there, it should work fine. Where i worry about that line-up is on D; it's super small and neither one is a great defender. AI could really get exposed there as could Bynum.

I really want to see Stuck improve defensively b/c i know he has the tools to.

And i'm keeping my fingers crossed these extended Amir minutes were not a one-time thing b/c Curry forgot to take him out of the game.

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Amir takes Amir out of the game 9 out 10 times. Curry took Amir out tonight because Amir didn't. At least that's what my fortune cookie said anyway.

Bynum can guard his position. He can stay in front of him man which is huge and is strong enough that they haven't been going at him. Arenas last night was the first time I remember someone posting him up. Billups might have.

Stuckey has the tools but not the tool belt (his head).

5. Ernie the Slow Adult

I agree he was hurt. I still don't understand why he hasn't been around. All in due time I suppose.

If they can get O-Town and then injured BOS it's been a good year.

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Did AI give the post game interview?

7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Your fortune cookie is telling you lies LOL
    He's comes miles defensively from where he started. It's more the height advantage i worry about w/ 2 short guards out there esp one that's shaky defensively.
    Yup. There's a recap on DBB in the comments, but it's not a very positive interpretation so i'm not going to be the one posting it LOL. I didn't hear it personally.

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Geez, you weren't kidding. Someone's calling AI off the bench a failed experiment already. Yikes.

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Wow. We gave up only 14 in the 4th?

DNP for AA?

At this point, get into the playoffs and hope the team has new found enthusiasm. They should be very far from bored.

10. Ernie the Slow Adult

You need to post a link if you're going to directly quote Curry's post game presser.

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

12. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

Wow that was one of the best Piston games I've watched in awhile... I can't wait for there next game..

I love that lineup of Bynum, AI, Amir. If Amir can give that kind of effort everytime on the floor without fouling over and over our bench can be crazy dangerous.

I'm still holding my breath to see how Curry will handle the rotation of the bigs when Sheed comes back.

13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think Bynum is as fun to watch as anyone on the team. His lateral quickness is insane.

Bynum, Stuck, and AI are all amazing at getting to the rim.

We really do have the pieces, but it would take a very good coach to put it all together. It would have to be creative... or maybe structured more like a college team. Coach K would be good for this role.

14. detteam

detteam All-Star

I would advise not trying chat. I often find myself laughing so hard that I can't see the game cuz I'm cryin' :)

15. linwood

linwood All-Star

Forget K. It's all about Izzo in the college game.
    :winner_first_h4h:

16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Rip was talking alot of smack about the game between CONN/MI on NBA TV. He said the Spartans are going to get worked and CONN has the best coach, best big man, best PG, and most athletic team. He also mentioned how they had a game that day so the team wouldn't be able to be there, but he'll make sure he goes to see UCONN play in the championship game.

He did mention how Kalin was his boy, and the Spartans were good, but then added they were in for a "rude awakening" LOL.

17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

When Rip runs his mouth, that bodes well for State.

18. detteam

detteam All-Star

I hope Rip keeps talking...any mouth-running that doesn't originate in East Lansing is cool :cool:

19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I forgot to add; other than all his smack talk, he did have some Pistons related insight. He said Max was our best big man in the PO's last year and we need him to step up/bring energy; said AI was his biggest fan and he was his and that they would always root for each other (some bonding at the club maybe? LOL), and that they need to get consistent defensively, too many games where they are good and then well . . . not; need to trust eachother more. And then the whole got to get hot right now going into the PO's . . .

It was a good interview. I like the NBATV camera thing they do after some games.

20. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Rip isn't right...Until Izzo leaves for Kentucky next year. :nod: