Away Philadelphia 76ers Friday, January 10, 2014

Discussion in 'January 2014' started by roscoe36, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

I guess that's because Singler and Bynum aren't as skilled players as Pope or fall in a different category. I mean they are not as good as for example Daye or Amir........
    basketbills and roscoe36 like this.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I only got to watch the first half on the 2nd replay last night before falling asleep. Looks like monster game by Smith, except for some mildly inefficient shooting.

62-42 in rebounds and we killed them in blocks.

Great that we actually had a 30 point 4th!
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

22, 13, 7, 5, 4

Smith is the 3rd in history to post that Stat line or better in each category, along with kareem and hakeem. First to ever do it with a made three pointer.

And this is why he's a good pickup for us. He has unique talents for a PF. Just need to keep him at the position where he made a name for himself.
  4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

The starting lineup got totally destroyed in the 1st quarter before The Great White Hope entered the game.

I wasn't sure if I was rooting for Detroit or Philly in this one.
    linwood likes this.
  5. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

LOL...I HATE +/- for everyone. Hell, at one point in last night's game, Stuckey was 0-1 from the field, had a foul, and a turnover, but was +1

...hate it.

If two other players get hot while you're on the floor, you could have contributed nothing, but wind up +10.
    The Panda likes this.
  6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

At one point late is the first half I wondered if he might be a quadruple double. Never seen one of those live before.

Pretty amazing line.
    Pwn Toney likes this.
  7. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

The thing I worry about now is that Cheeks will go back to coaching like he was doing just fine before the streak. I think the biggest difference in PHI, was that A) he tightened up the rotation significantly. B) Without Stuckey on the floor, we didn't have to suffer though painfully long stretches of Cheeks' offense ignoring our best players and force feeding Stuckey. and C) Although, he was visibly riding KCP (unfairly in my opinion) at just about every timeout, he kept him on the floor and our perimeter defense didn't suffer quite as much.

I still think it's ridiculous that Harrelson has found himself completely out of the rotation AGAIN. I love how no amount of success is enough to keep certain guys in the rotation, while no amount of failure is enough to get some guys out of it.
    KGREG, Lee356 and linwood like this.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, harrellson has been exceeding expectations. He's a really nice backup C.
    roscoe36, linwood and Pwn Toney like this.
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Smith had a great game, but 2 plays by him out of the games first 3 or 4 kind of showed why this team struggles so often.

On the Pistons 1st defensive possession Smith left the reigning EC Player of the Week, Evan Turner, wide open in the short corner so he could double team Spencer Hawes out past the 3pt line at the elbow. Turner hit a 3.

2 plays later Smith drew the defense towards him with a nice play and threw a cross court pass to a wide open KCP also in the short corner that barely hit his feet. The D easily closed out on him and the Pistons couldn't get a shot.

This stuff happens far more often with Smith then when he fills out the box score.
    KGREG, linwood and Lee356 like this.
  10. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Ok. Detroit came out the time warp stargate where everyone had their high school skillz on display and against a pro team they turned the ball over and didn't get a single stop. Enter Kyle Singler and his amazing ability to turn the tide. On the first possession after he checks in, we get a stop as he got a hand on the ball and that slowed the guy attacking the lane long enough for the team to get a much needed stop. Moose went to the bench and Josh went to work. The dude started ballin'. This really reinforces the notion that you have to rotate the big 3 not put them all in together.
    Bynum came in and played big time ball. He showed a level of poise that you expect from your lead guard. MCW had a field day with Jennings but I think KCP got him to slow down a lot. Jennings hit some big shots but didn't otherwise stand out to me. I'd like someone to put their stamp on the game and he doesn't seem to be that guy. Free to operate, Moose did his thing. We took out one of the bottom teams.
    This team is still short on talent and matching parts that its a precarious thing to make it work for 48 minutes. And adding guys who can't stand out in the D league isn't going to magically turn things around.
    linwood and Lee356 like this.
  11. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

I think KCP is the only guy guard we have who can stay in front of anything.

Cheeks rotations frustrate me.
    Pwn Toney likes this.