1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Philadelphia 76ers April 15th, 6:00 PM

Discussion in 'April 2007' started by Dlev59, Apr 14, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Scrubs is a term of endearment. Like calling your brother "booger head".

Sounds like I missed a fun game. It's a conspiracy to keep me from seeing Amir play. :(

2. max

max All-Star

Thats a good point. He is someone that we may actually need at some point in the playoffs.

At least we are giving the other teams a good look at Amir before he enters free agency this summer.

2 more games of this. At least the starters could give it full effort when they do play. Would not be that bad then.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

POP, Dice was out there for 8-9 minutes all in the second qtr and Flip jr & scrubs refuse to pass the ball to him until right before the end of the half and he made the only shot he took.

If you are gonna play the bench for the long stretches, you might as well put in Nazr or Davis and even call up and dress Blaylock for some runtime and who knows as Lee stated, we could have got a W out of one of those last two games.

4. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Again, not impressed with the young forward talent as of now--too raw--sorry Lee--that is my view. Jmax hit that one nice jumper but too often he misses (I haven't seen improvement that I expected from early in the year). He is good is certain defensive situations.

Amir certainly didn't help make the score better, seemed to be pushed around and seemed to miss defensive assignments. Does he have a shot? You can't dunk over people in the NBA unless you are Shaq. He can shoot free throws and I like shot blockers so that is a start and I love the way he can dribble up court.

But there are a lot of young guys in the league that can run, jump and block shots. Not many of them go to the next level. I like both Amir and JMax but they are not there yet.

Delfino can not change the game either. He is a good flow player with our top players. But he is no Ginobli. He rebounds well, can play some D and has at least improved his shot. But he is far from a go-to guy.

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Like I said earlier, LApiston, our future stars don't seem to be developing properly, with the last successful guys being Tay & Memo from 2002. The Sixer second unit looked more aggressive and athletic than our bench even if their skills were not yet there.

If you think about it most our guys skills were groomed somewhere else but their talent didn't blossom until they got here (Ben, Billups and Rip). Sheed, Dice and now even Cwebb brought their already established skills to the Pistons, but all three could be considered on the down side of their careers.

6. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

He's not the type to take shot-after-shot, and dominate the ball like our other bench guards do (Which is part of the problem). So, he's not going to "take over" offensively very often. I'd like to see that from him ocassionaly, but if it doesn't work out right away it's a sure way to find a seat on the bench for him (not so much for Flip or Lindsey).

As for Amir... He looked good. Nervous, but active. A few more real-games and he'd get a better feel for scoring over nba big men in the paint. Yea, he gets pushed around a bit, but so does tyrus thomas, who still has a big impact. Most importantly, he injects some athleticism into an aging group. Hopefully it happens next season, and he isn't in another uniform.

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Mohammed is ill. Both he and Billups were listed as questionable for the game.

8. Play On Players

Play On Players First Round Draft Pick

Just realized that Nazr missed the practice on Saturday and did not play Sunday due to flu-like symptons. I hope to God he doesn't spread it to those who haven't had it yet!

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

this team thinks they can just go out and give a half%%%%% effort, so im just wondering if the organization charged half%%%%% prices on tickets and concessions!!!!No way Avery or POP or TERRY PORTER for that matter would allow his team to give an effort like that..SEE SPURS VS MAVS!!!
    I paid full price for league pass. This season can ONLY eend with a championship!

10. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

I think the heavy naysayers need to take a look at the context of the game a little. First the 76ers "scrubs" have been playing together for a longtime - they traded their veterans away. Thus, there game looked better because the game plan was built with them in mind. Our team just threw in this mish mash of guys together - many who probably have not played extended minutes togther nor practiced. Think about it, Amir got of the plane a few days ago and now is playing over 25 minutes? Have to excpect A LOT of defensive breakdowns / bad rebounded due to not being in right position. Also, everyone probably noticed that the reserve people played zone almost the entire time. This was Flips way to try and cover people, but i think it backfired since the zone relies on people covering eachother / having the right rotation. On most of the O-rebounds and missed assignemnts it was due to Amir many times not knowing where ot go on that 3-2.

Nevertheless, I do like how they played Amir. He started off as a 4, then switched to the 3 and back to the 4. The reason I like this is because Flip is not forcing him to only be a 4, but rather a player that can play both positions. This will be pivotal next year because Tay an get a lot more rest being backed up by two legitiate 3s in Amir and Delfino and also Amir can get some more playin time against certain fours. Nevertheless, the boy is defintily not ready right now and should soothe peoples minds whom thought he had a rightful place here getting minutes. Im not saying who wouldn't have improved, but the D-league was perfect for him and I am glad he was sent there.

Also, as for the starters not producing, if you watched the game the vetrans were defering to the youngin's almost to a fault. I can count many many times Billups passed to the bench guy instead of running a regular play / shootinh. Also, Mcdyess chilled or passed a lot as well instead of really getting involved. All in all, I believe the players played bout as well as they allowed themselves to play -- for better or worse. If the game needed to be won, it would have been won.

11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You said it!

To me, that is the point. Why play a mish mash who will never appear in a playoff game when you could be working some bench combinations that will help you down the road?

I wonder if Stern will honor my request for a refund for a night's worth of Leaguepass?

12. kpaav

kpaav Team Captain Forum Donor

I agree. Thats why I said to continue playing on the poll in gneral discussion. I am cool with the second quarter being Amir time, but after that play the postseason rotation. Then you can try certain asspects of that to tweak it for 100% effectiveness. This is pro ball, not minor leagues.

13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Word up, babay....At least he could have a talk with all the GM's...

14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Since this stuff happens every year, they take it into account when they price League Pass in the first place.

At least that would be my argument if I worked for LP.

15. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Guess we should have read the fine print.

16. roscoe36

League Pass in Canada stopped broadcasting games a week ago.

I plan on getting out of my subscription.

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

JMAX hit a couple of jumpers. Note, the coaching staff told JMAX not to take jumpers, especially fades, most of the season, and they did not play JMAX near as much as they could have. Ocasionally Flip would say he needed to get more time for JMAX, but it never happened. Under the circumstances, you can't expect much more from JMAX on his jumper. Rest assured though, JMAX has a fine midrange jumper, if we ever turn him loose with it. His fade's are particularly excellent.

On Amir, again, if you expected him to impress you all that much after not playing for the team all year, you miss the point. You got to factor in experience when trying to evaluate where a player's potential is. I know you will keep an open mind on this as you always do. GO PISTONS!!!!!

18. Play On Players

Play On Players First Round Draft Pick

I think people were under the impression that Amir was going to tear it up here like he did in the D League. He will someday, but probably not 2 games after coming back from Sioux Falls....He had a couple of pretty good looks that didn't go that normally would have fallen, but so did Tay, and he usually torches the Sixers. It was a great game for Amir. I loved how he got his first 2 shots blocked, one right after another, and still stayed with it.

Here's hoping Nazr is feeling better and will actually get to play in the last 2 games! CHEERS!

19. roscoe36

I agree POP. We need more Nasty Naz.