1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

PF Piston Pieces 9/7/09

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by G-man, Sep 7, 2009.

1. G-man

G-man Starter

Paper: Iverson, Memphis owner try to meet
    Freep Staff

"Iverson and team owner Michael Heisley were trying Saturday to arrange a face-to-face meeting -- a development that would seem to indicate Iverson is on the verge of accepting the Grizzlies' one-year offer.

The newspaper added that Heisley and Iverson had yet to meet because the team was dealing only with Iverson's agent, Leon Rose.

Though Iverson has been linked to the Clippers, Bobcats and Heat this summer, it appears that the Grizzlies have stepped up with the only serious offer.

The Commercial Appeal reported the Grizzlies have offered Iverson, 34, a reserve role paying at least $3.5 million or what they have remaining under the salary cap.

The Grizzlies could increase the offer to about $4.4 million should they renounce their rights to Spanish guard JuanCarlos Navarro. The deal still is less than the $5 million Memphis originally considered paying Iverson."

Paper: Iverson, Memphis owner try to meet | Detroit Free Press | Freep.com-

Which Detroit Pistons will be All-Star worthy in 2010? (Audio)

Which Detroit Pistons will be All-Star worthy in 2010 9/6/2009 - Pistonscast on Blog Talk Radio

Allen Iverson Signing with the Grizzlies?
    Stephen Kersey Every Joe

"The 34-year-old Iverson has had trouble finding work this summer after a disappointing season last year with the Detroit Pistons. In 36.5 minutes per game in 54 contests with the Pistons, Iverson averaged 17.4 points, 4.9 assists and 1.6 steals. He missed the end of the campaign due to a back injury.

In Memphis, it’s unclear how Iverson would be used. He has balked at coming off the bench in the past but he may have no choice with the Grizzlies. If Iverson agrees to come off the bench and lead the team’s young players by example, it may turn out to be a quality signing."

Allen Iverson Signing with the Grizzlies? : EveryJoe - Sports News – Tech Reviews – Entertainment – Life Tips for EveryJoe

The History of Dennis Rodman
    Best Basketball Players Articles

"Nicknamed "the worm" and "Dennis the Menace", he was recognized for his ferocious rebounding and defensive ability. Dennis earned honors for the NBA All-Defensive Team seven times and was an NBA Defensive player of the year two times. He was a leader of the National Basketball Association for seven successive years. Rodman is instantly identifiable because of his many controversial actions such as dyeing his hair, several piercing, having an affair with singers Carmen Electra and Madonna that led him to court. Dennis Rodman's early prominence with teams like Detroit Pistons led him to fame with both the Los Angeles Lakers and Chicago Bulls. As his wild behavior and frantic moves started drawing attention to the outside world, he started a career with the World Championship Wrestling."

The History of Dennis Rodman « Best Basketball Players Articles

North Carolina begins 100th season with alumni charity pro game that draws sellout crowd Aaron Beard AP

"Let's be honest: I don't think we all would be here if it wasn't for him," said Jamison, who helped the Tar Heels reach the 1997 Final Four in Smith's final season. "You can't put into words how much he has meant to myself, my family and my friends. The guy has done so much. I love Coach Smith dearly. I said it before: he's like a second father to me, man."

Smith retired a dozen years ago as the winningest coach in Division I men's basketball and has kept a low profile in recent years. Yet one thing had not changed: he still seemed as uncomfortable with the attention as he was during his 36 years coaching here. He acknowledged the crowd, then pointed several times at the players as they applauded him.

"I didn't expect anything less," said Carter, also a member of Smith's last team. "He's touched so many lives for even the people that just are die-hard fans. Just to be a part of it and see it was breathtaking."

Smith sat at the scorer's table during the game, seated between Jordan and Charlotte Bobcats coach Larry Brown. He left early without speaking to reporters.

The game also included 10 of the Tar Heels' 2005 and 2009 national championship teams. Among the other notable people in attendance: Denver Nuggets coach George Karl, who coached the losing Blue team; new Detroit Pistons coach John Kuester, who coached the victorious White; and Bill Guthridge, Smith's longtime assistant who spent three years as head coach after Smith's retirement.

North Carolina begins 100th season with alumni charity pro game that draws sellout crowd -- chicagotribune.com