PF.com Fantasy Baseball?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by roscoe36, Feb 18, 2007.

1. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Darth, it was destiny that we should meet again in the final. I honestly didn't expect to be here at the start of the year, I was just hoping to make the playoffs considering my baseball experience. But now I'm here I want it all! Mwaaahahaha

So anyway, good luck, may the best team win, but you have proved to be the best over the course of the season. I'm just trying to steal a little glory from you.

Micro - good match. i was scared of your team, you came home strong in the 2nd half of the season. you should be proud of where you finished the season. Don't ever sacrifice playing fantasy for work commitments, its good to have you in any league. :)
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Very kind words. Thank you.

In associated news, I am playing for the title in my other league, my bats are unstoppable but my pitching is only average and it is also a 1/2 matchup.

I'm slowly organizing/catching up on my workload, hoping to play Fantasy bball and Hockey, most definitely hockey at the very least.
  3. webz

11R, 5HR and 12RBI in 1 day?? WTF????? Talk about coming good at the right time!! 2 guys with multiple HR... how am i supposed to respond to that? the batting cat's are already over after 1 day...

looks like my pitchers will have to shoulder the load once more...
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

My team is explosive like that. I knew they were due. I also had a gut feeling that sitting Howard last week was enough and that he was going to come out of his slump in a big way and I'd better play him. Plus I hate benching my Phillies.
    But your batters did well too. There is a long way to go and nothing is even close to over. Just a really nice start for my batters.

I had a pitching gem by Gallardo, but Escobar was horrible, and it's going to take my team a long while to recover from that, if I can at all. But if your team pitches anywhere near the way it did against Roscoe last week, I can forget about winning those categories.
  5. webz

championship week has been a bit of a dud so far. apart from your mauling on monday the contest has been pretty pathetic. our guys aren't doing a lot right.

i went and picked up swisher for this week cos he was on a hot streak but then he goes and gets suspended til saturday! doh! :nerd2:
  6. webz

I just realised that the championship week goes for 2 weeks! 17-30 sep. whats with that?

i like it though. a chance to catch up.
  7. Darth Tater

I think the score looks lopsided but every category is very close.
    Yeah, I realized it was two weeks long yesterday. I was thinking it was "only" ten days.

We've been playing poorly overall.
  8. webz

I figure the only way i can win now is to employ strategy. hence my goal this week is to win the 5 pitching categories and win SB. if i do that i should win 6-5, despite being pummelled in the batting categories.

it was how i beat roscoe. not that i was trying to do that mind you. i picked up a couple of guys i've never heard of but they have been pinching a lot of bases lately. now i just need my pitchers to come through for me again.

wagner's 18 ERA last night did not help.
  9. Darth Tater

I've been thinking exactly the same thing almost since we began play. I need to get stolen bases or saves. I think you'll end up with most of the pitching categories before it's done. Seems like I replaced almost my entire pitching staff from a month ago due to injuries and stuff. Oh well.

The score was lopsided going into today, but I have no doubt there are enough close categories that you can easily win. Plus whoever takes era wins the tiebreaker...so yeah, it's 9-2...but feels like 6-5 to me. If someone gets lucky and gets a complete game it would be huge. This entire series could be decided by a stolen base or a save. Crazy.
  10. webz

Thank you Oliver Perez for single-handedly screwing my chances. May the knowledge that you blew the championship hang over your head for the rest of your life. :yellowprison:
  11. Darth Tater

Cole Hamels pitched brilliantly for me tonight. I think it's his first really good game since I acquired him in a trade months back. Howard was part of that trade too, and he's hit 7 dingers in our series.

Volquez had a bad inning. So this one isn't over although taking the lead in ERA is huge for me. The Phillies aren't celebrating just yet.

Two more days to go.
    Here's a good article on the real Phillies... hot off the press, if anyone is interested:

"No major league team has failed to finish first after having at least a seven-game lead with 17 to play. If the Mets become the first team to blow a lead that big, it could finally take the '64 Phils off the hook for their infamous collapse.
    Those Phillies had a 6 1/2 -game lead with 12 to play, only to lose 10 straight and finish tied for second place behind St. Louis.
    This resilient group has overcome a 4-11 start and a slew of injuries to capture the hearts of a championship-starved city that hasn't celebrated a title since the NBA's 76ers won it all in 1983."

MLB - Washington Nationals/Philadelphia Phillies Recap Friday September 28, 2007 - Yahoo! Sports
  12. Darth Tater

Another fantasy season in the books.

Good match Webz. Congrats on 2nd place & Congrats to Roscoe on 3rd.

I had a dream season, I guess. Pretty much dominated from start to finish. Everything seemed to go right, and even though I felt like my team was running on fumes toward the end, they pulled it out in the semifinals at the last second and played a strong championship round.

That's 13-0 in playoff series for me (including two in a consolation bracket in football one year) and 4 for 4 in league championships in the 4 pf.com fantasy leagues I've been in. This was my first baseball league, so now I've won in every sport.

Basketball 2-0
    Baseball 1-0
    Hockey 1-0
    Football 1-2 (these were not pf leagues).

The best thing is that this time you guys can't complain about me cheating since I couldn't stream.
    Ironically, this is the one time where I would not have streamed anyhow...at least not on batting.

Well, the real Phillies won and go to the playoffs and the Lions won too. Too bad MSU lost and my football team ain't so hot.

Ok, I'm done bragging...for now. Let the Tater hating commence!!!

Good job guys on nobody quitting. Hopefully you all had fun and we can get the same great group back next year...so I can beat you all again.:stirthepot::pound:

Now...to focus my attention on hockey!:cheerlie-GOAL:
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was going to congratulate you, but you already congratulated yourself about a hundred times....
  14. Darth Tater

Nah. Around here it's usually just sour grapes.:stirthepot:

I've learned through personal experience that it's much more comprehensive and thorough my way. More pleasurable too. :p:yo:
  15. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

AHAHAHAHAHA

:pound::pound::pound::pound:

I'll be a bigger man than Bill.

Congrats on being a champ in your fantasies Darth. :MusicBigGrin:
  16. Darth Tater

I feel the love. You would almost think I ask for it...:sssh:
  17. webz

Well done Darth, you deserved it. Over 1 week there can be some luck but over 2 weeks there should be no doubt. Funny thing was, my pitchers had more wins and saves against roscoe in 1 week than the 2 weeks I played you. But that's how it goes. My batters were comprehensively thrashed.

That's my 2nd loss to you in a final. I can't be too upset I guess. It was my first baseball league and before the start of the season, I really didn't know anything about baseball. So anyway, I learnt a lot and hopefully my football team can get to the end as well.

Congrats to everyone who played. I enjoyed the league.
  18. Darth Tater

Thanks Webz. It was lots of fun. :)

I know what you mean. I got 14 steals the previous week against baseballers but only had 3 against you after about 10 or 11 days. I was tearing my hair out because I was worried about your pitching after what they did against Roscoe, so I figured I needed all the offensive categories.
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Darth, if your head gets any bigger, we will need to lease a more powerful server!

Congrats, Congrats to everyone including the guys in the Consolation bracket.
  20. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks to everyone. The league was a lot of fun. My son really enjoyed himself. He's addicted to fantasy sports now.

Also, congrats to Darth on the championship.